Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Rémy Julienne (17 April 1930 - 21 January 2021) was a French driving stunt performer, stunt coordinator, assistant director and occasional actor. He was also a former rallycross champion and 1956 French motorcross champion.

He was a veteran of over 1,400 films. Notable large film projects in which he has arranged stunts, consulted or manufactured special stunt cars include The Italian Job[2] and six James Bond films, five of which were directed by John Glen and three with his sons Dominique and Michel. (Wikipedia)

Rémi Julienne died yesterday from the Covid. Rip.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Comedian Dave Chappelle tested positive.

I'm sorry, but why was he working? He doesn't need the money, and tests and social distancing in a closed room only reduce risk, they do not remove it completely.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I'm sorry, but why was he working? He doesn't need the money, and tests and social distancing in a closed room only reduce risk, they do not remove it completely.
    Well, I guess he loves doing comedy. Nothing more complicated than that.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, I guess he loves doing comedy. Nothing more complicated than that.
    He can stream from his bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    He can stream from his bedroom.
    They love doing comedy in front of an audience.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 01-23-2021 at 08:23 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

It's possible, but not yet confirmed, that Larry King's death may have been a result of COVID or from complications related to it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They love doing comedy in from of an audience.
    Well, I love going to the gym and eating at restaurants.

But I'm a fucking adult, so I realize it's a pandemic and I better get take-way and do pushups at home.

Well, I love going to the gym and eating at restaurants.

But I'm a fucking adult, so I realize it's a pandemic and I better get take-way and do pushups at home.
    You do have a point there. Though considering how much he smokes, I guess health is not a #1 priority for him.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I think the thing that upsets me the most is that he's doing it in Texas. **** is out of control there, and just because you can doesn't mean you should.

There's also the parade of photos he's had taken with various groups of people, pretty much all without masks. Sets a bad example when we still need large swaths of the country to take the pandemic seriously. A year later and over 400,000 dead, and Dave's out there doing live shows and posing for photo ops without a mask.

Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I think the thing that upsets me the most is that he's doing it in Texas. **** is out of control there, and just because you can doesn't mean you should.

There's also the parade of photos he's had taken with various groups of people, pretty much all without masks. Sets a bad example when we still need large swaths of the country to take the pandemic seriously. A year later and over 400,000 dead, and Dave's out there doing live shows and posing for photo ops without a mask.

Bummer.
    And now he's become an example of how that kind of behavior gets you infected.

And now he's become an example of how that kind of behavior gets you infected.
    And he's a wealthy celebrity so he will most likely be fine, which will encourage the "most recover, so whatever" mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    And he's a wealthy celebrity so he will most likely be fine, which will encourage the "most recover, so whatever" mentality.
    Don't forget that he's a black guy who might have to face the American medical community now, if he becomes symptomatic.

They almost let Serena Williams die because she's black.

That is a fair point.

Just another reason he shouldn't have been doing this.

Singer James Purify died of covid-19.

He and his brother Bobby had a massive hit with this song, which made it to #6 on the Billboard Hot 100 and was nominated for a Grammy. Various cover version were released over the years.

Texas Republican U.S. Rep. Ron Wright dies weeks after testing positive for coronavirus

"Over the past few years, Congressman Wright had kept a rigorous work schedule on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives and at home in Texas’ Congressional District 6 while being treated for cancer. For the previous two weeks, Ron and Susan had been admitted to Baylor Hospital in Dallas after contracting COVID-19."