Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Default BATMAN #34 Preview/Discussion

"Batman" No. 34 catches readers up with what's happening in Gotham City following the "Zero Year" story set in the past.

Full article here.

~~~

Matteo Scalera is all types of awesome! Can't wait for this issue, Wednesday.

Good gravy! Look:

image.jpg
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 08-11-2014 at 08:09 AM.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

That looks so good! I cannot wait to get my paws on this comic!

First Joker reference in a while...interesting.

Carmine Falcone? The Roman is alive in the Nu52? As I'm understanding it this story takes place in the present and not in the past but after zero year, correct?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichSummers View Post
    Carmine Falcone? The Roman is alive in the Nu52? As I'm understanding it this story takes place in the present and not in the past but after zero year, correct?
    He is, and he's a big part of Batman Eternal right now.

Ahhh that's the one book that I haven't kept up with. Thanks for clarifying.

A friend of mine just pointed out that the dude digging in the first page of the preview could be The Joker. The smile, the nose, and the fact that on the last panel of the pages has a fly in the foreground could all be clues (or red herrings).
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Batman, #34

"Batman" No. 34 catches readers up with what's happening in Gotham City following the "Zero Year" story set in the past.

Full article here.

DC needs to lock this artist on a book asap. Reminds me of Sean Murphy's stuff.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    DC needs to lock this artist on a book asap. Reminds me of Sean Murphy's stuff.
    He's the co-creator/artist on Black Science at image, so it's unlikely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    He's the co-creator/artist on Black Science at image, so it's unlikely to happen.
    This. And anyone who is not reading Black Science, should be. It's all types of awesome.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Pretty much confirms Endgame is going to be the Joker story.

I like the fact that Snyder is setting Batman post-Eternal now. We get to see all the ramifications of what is going on in that title long before it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Pretty much confirms Endgame is going to be the Joker story.

I like the fact that Snyder is setting Batman post-Eternal now. We get to see all the ramifications of what is going on in that title long before it ends.
    I'm hoping it's more a swerve and Joker isn't until the next arc, but it's definitely a possibility. Also, I just hope that the jump forward doesn't ruin Eternal or make it irrelevant. I've been enjoying that series and I wouldn't want things to get spoiled. We are for sure going to know Gordon's fate the first time Bats has to go to the roof of the GCPD to answer a call. I just hope there's not a lot of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    A friend of mine just pointed out that the dude digging in the first page of the preview could be The Joker. The smile, the nose, and the fact that on the last panel of the pages has a fly in the foreground could all be clues (or red herrings).
    I thought the same thing but I got to thinking it was a little too obvious, unless Snyder is making this killer that has Batman all flustered, Joker's big return after a year and a half out of the Batbooks and having this be a preview to the Endgame arc.

will this reveal the big baddie from eternal? I can't see how they can do a follow story without revealing something?