Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Two little details: SPOILERS ABOUND!

First, I love seeing Batman's eye and his smirk near the end when he says, "I'm headed to the potter's field...courtesy of the mud on your truck."

Second, so in Nightwing #30 (effectively, the first issue of Grayson), we're really meant to take as important Leslie's inability to remember whether she revealed Batman's identity as Bruce Wayne? Because she doesn't mention it here at all, and there seems to be no such burden in their relationship with each other (which I found really moving here).

Enjoyed the hell out of this. What is only supposed to be essentially a fill-in issue in-between arcs is, in fact, a superb one-shot - the kind we really should see more of. I'm liking the current creative team over on Detective Comics at the moment but this here is really want I want from my 'Tec stories; straight up, hard-hitting crime thriller with splashes of horror that just so happen to feature a detective in a cape (whilst still possessing all that would entail in a Batman story of course). I'd love to see these two on Detective sometime in the future, I need this kind of hit monthly. One can hope anyway.

Oh, and Scalera's art is awesome. His pencils are like Sean Murphy meshed with Rafael Albuquerque.

New Order, we seem to have the same tastes with regard to this issue of Batman as well as the current Detective team. I also want to say I support your call for superb one-shots or even two-parters in between the big major stories.

Yep, ideally I want my Detective Comics to be noir-drenched psychological crime-drama, yet maintain the romance towards its superheros, whilst still being a quintessential Batbook.