Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I haven't changed the subject, all I've been talking about why how canon is at the mercy of the creators writing the stories. Nothing is written in stone in comic books.
    but that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand if the discussion at hand is about what's canon right now. let me put it like this, lets say someone lights me and you on fire and locks us in a burning room. so I look to you and I'm telling you "we are on fire, help me bust down the door to escape" and you go "I mean fire doesn't burn forever, maybe it'll go out before we open the door"; sure, that's true and maybe it'll work out the way you'll say, but the fire is burning currently. you see where I'm coming from? a sound argument isn't the same as a logical argument (and vice versa), you know? while what you are saying is valid, it's still actively denying the current reality of the situation.

also, for clarity sake, Moira's lives aren't "alternate futures", her powers aren't traveling to the future, they are essentially past timelines; she has already lived those lives. that's what definitates HoX/PoX/DoX from something like DoFP, they aren't fighting another dystopic future, they are fighting an inevitability that could feasibly happen in some form or another no matter how long it takes to get there because it has ALREADY happened multiple times.

I think those are the two fundamental misunderstandings here.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 03-29-2020 at 07:23 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."