Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Calling 616 humanity “flatscans” is just shorthand. It’s easier to write than “humanity, the vast majority of which is blatantly and proudly lazy, sexist, racist, xenophobic, ignorant, genocidal, greedy, demanding, violent a******s”...
    I feel it's unfair to marginalize all of humanity due to the actions of the ignorant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This is an argument that can be applied across the board for sure but I recall that this was addressed in a Fantastic Four issue. Reed could probably crash the economy with some of his science and make factories, etc obsolete so that's they way they get around that. As for Stark, you know he's always been a government contractor like his father Howard, who helped in the war effort as we saw in Capt. America The First Avenger. So his contribution can be considered protecting the citizens of the free world.
    so why are mutants put to a higher standart yet never get any sort of respect or even simple kindness? why shpuld they bend over backwards to do more for less?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Calling 616 humanity “flatscans” is just shorthand. It’s easier to write than “humanity, the vast majority of which is blatantly and proudly lazy, sexist, racist, xenophobic, ignorant, genocidal, greedy, demanding, violent a******s”...
    Gee, like this opinion isn't very skewed I guess from reading too many X-Titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I feel it's unfair to marginalize all of humanity due to the actions of the ignorant.
    QFT. * 10 char *

This is an argument that can be applied across the board for sure but I recall that this was addressed in a Fantastic Four issue. Reed could probably crash the economy with some of his science and make factories, etc obsolete so that's they way they get around that. As for Stark, you know he's always been a government contractor like his father Howard, who helped in the war effort as we saw in Capt. America The First Avenger. So his contribution can be considered protecting the citizens of the free world.
    And not sharing the resurrection protocols with humanity helps prevent the collapse of human religions - the majority of which rely on the promise of heaven or hell to keep followers in line - or the inevitable existential crises of immortality. So mutants are doing the human world a favor by not sharing that they beat death. AND they’re doing their own people a favor by bringing back those whose lives were cruelly taken at the hands of humans or their weapons.

Win-win!

I wonder why you think mutants are different. See, they have even psychopaths…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I feel it’s unfair to excuse the actions of the majority because a small number of that majority aren’t terrible to the minority...

I really hate the resurrection protocols I feel Hickman lowkey dropped the ball it doesn't feel like cheating death. The concept of souls ruins it, is their no mutant with the power to bring souls back to the land of the living? It comes off like cloning I hate that! The Five should have been the Six their missing the most important part of the equation!!

Pardon my rant.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    She says their home is Latveria and not krakoa
    She says that Doom forcibly put them on that island. Are you skipping the sentences?

I thought this was the best issue of the series but it was still only meh.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

I really hate the resurrection protocols I feel Hickman lowkey dropped the ball it doesn't feel like cheating death. The concept of souls ruins it, is their no mutant with the power to bring souls back to the land of the living? It comes off like cloning I hate that! The Five should have been the Six their missing the most important part of the equation!!

Pardon my rant.
    death threw a tantrum over it, so its ressurections.

I feel it’s unfair to excuse the actions of the majority because a small number of that majority aren’t terrible to the minority...
    Who's to say their the majority? If anything their just the loudest? Just because you have a select group screaming hate that doesn't translate to the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    so why are mutants put to a higher standart yet never get any sort of respect or even simple kindness? why shpuld they bend over backwards to do more for less?
    So what exactly is this "standard" you are talking about that applies only to mutants? The thing with the X-Men as a franchise is they were always more or less school aged teens/young adults and so they were not in the world of business and industry, except I guess if you count Warren Worthington's family. So by default they did not make a economic contribution to society. Tony and Reed contribute both in the superhero sense and in the sense that they contribute to society via their business dealings. Reed isn't involved in manufacturing but he does hold patents on his creations. I don't recall if he has any that are for domestic use.

Gee, like this opinion isn't very skewed I guess from reading too many X-Titles.
    And Spider-Man for decades. And Fantastic Four. And Avengers.

Every single one of these has shown how terrible 616 humanity is, whether it’s pushing for anti-hero legislation, painting heroes with the same brush as villains, putting KNOWN supervillains and monsters IN CHARGE of governments or organizations, creating ‘mutant cures’, turning on a filthy Kree half-breed in favor of a poorly dressed false hero, or evicting the First Family and confiscating their tech REPEATEDLY, or all of New stork believing Spider-Man is a criminal...

All of 616 humanity is crappy, with a very small percentage bucking the trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    That is interesting to show that you're not defined by just one identity, and it's normal to be conflicted about this.

Once a Scottish citizen said to me she was saddened by the Brexit thing, that all her identities, European, British, Scottish cohabited harmoniously so far and she never thought she would need to choose.

I'm irritated by the presumption of Krakoans: they only see mutants as potential citizens.
    That's because you haven't read the comic. The mutants on Doom Island were scared of Doom and what he might have done to them if they decided to go to Krakoa, and they were also forcibly taken to Doom Island after trying to get to Krakoa.