Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Feels like 2013 all over again.
    at least then the books werent pulling the bank they are now, how much more bag must the x-men win to gain some respect

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Doom only got his hands on Franklin because of X-men not respecting FF.

If they were concerned with kitty they wouldn't be attacking FF
    Doom got his hands on Franklin because he ran away from his father and his power-neutralizing tech. At the very least, Franklin would have been on Krakoa away from Doom had Reed not done that.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Whether you agree with the perception of others or not, it was mostly intended as a joke. At least my part.

My joke wasn't that bad, was it?

Very true. Now the family vacation will just be Scott and the kids.
    Oh, he is still invited, but he is getting the silent treament from him during the entire trip lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Doom only got his hands on Franklin because of X-men not respecting FF.

If they were concerned with kitty they wouldn't be attacking FF
    How is it the X-Mens fault that Doom has Franklin when he and his sister stowed away which led to Doom kidnapping both Franklin and the Marauders?

You make no sense, Spirit.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

This is Dr. Doom at his BEST.

He just outsmarted the X-Men and the Fantastic Four.....this isn't really anything new really.

This dumpster fire continues to pay dividends.

There's Wolverine threatening to make Franklin and Valeria into orphans, and later forgetting he has crazy super senses and not able to tell a robot from a person in basic armor. Makes the stuff in Hellions today even MORE of a hilarious hypocrisy.

Everyone trusting Doom more than they should.

Doom giving Charles a choice verbal smackdown.

Everyone shitting on Cyclops. Yay!

And the mutants, recently accused by the F4 or trying to kidnap their children, immediately trying to kidnap mutant children from Latveria. They had no legal justification or stupid nonsense treaties to excuse themselves this time.

And the cool/stupid Doom Sentinels, highlighted with the 'unforgivable' comment. No word on if the same applies to when Emma unleashed them on the Inhumans.
    Last edited by pkingdom; 03-25-2020 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    This is Dr. Doom at his BEST.

He just outsmarted the X-Men and the Fantastic Four.....this isn't really anything new really.
    And he made sure to let everyone know as only Doom can.

Interesting that he has an island near Krakoa with sentinels. Arms race!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Doom got his hands on Franklin because he ran away from his father and his power-neutralizing tech. At the very least, Franklin would have been on Krakoa away from Doom had Reed not done that.
    And it was Richards choice as father to no have Franklin on Krakoa, specially to die a horrible dead

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    This dumpster fire continues to pay dividends.

There's Wolverine threatening to make Franklin and Valeria into orphans, and later forgetting he has crazy super senses and not able to tell a robot from a person in basic armor. Makes the stuff in Hellions today even MORE of a hilarious hypocrisy.

Everyone trusting Doom more than they should.

Doom giving Charles a choice verbal smackdown.

Everyone shitting on Cyclops. Yay!

And the mutants, recently accused by the F4 or trying to kidnap their children, immediately trying to kidnap mutant children from Latveria. They had no legal justification or stupid nonsense treaties to excuse themselves this time.

And the cool/stupid Doom Sentinels, highlighted with the 'unforgivable' comment. No word on if the same applies to when Emma unleashed them on the Inhumans.
    pretty crazy Logan attack the FF like this, specially that he will be on a issue of FF as a temporary member.
    I guess this is a filler

Emma is number 1 in hipocrisy on x-men

Dude I wanted to jump through the comic book when Doom and Sue were talking like wtf they think they won that argument I had like a come back for what they said.

"A gift Doom earned while you were just born with it."

Oh I'm sorry it didn't feel like much of a gift when I'm getting hunted by Sentinels and mutant bigots every which way. Maybe if I didn't have my "gift" I would have more time to sit around and play with my robots and petty jealous of Reed.

"I save people because it's right you should try it sometime."

Oh yeah because it's not like mutants have ever saved the earth or anything like that before. Nope Sue it was only you 4 that have saved people.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Dude I wanted to jump through the comic book when Doom and Sue were talking like wtf they think they won that argument I had like a come back for what they said.

Oh I'm sorry it didn't feel like much of a gift when I'm getting hunted by Sentinels and mutant bigots every which way. Maybe if I didn't have my "gift" I would have more time to sit around and play with my robots and petty jealous of Reed.

Oh yeah because it's not like mutants have ever saved the earth or anything like that before. Nope Sue it was only you 4 that have saved people.
    that line about Doom "earning" his power pissed me off too. especially cuz I knew it'd get quoted around these boards like it proves anything lol. felt very tone-deaf .same with what sue said to Emma like girl it was the x-men's idea they just let you in on it..

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

There's Wolverine threatening to make Franklin and Valeria into orphans,.
    this line still sends me. Logan snapped.

Incredible Member

Dunno why there's so much hate for this series. Sure there are a few things here and there, but nothing I can see that would garner such hatred.

- Teenage Franklin has always been a hard read, even before this series. So you can't fault the consistency here of him acting irrationally and complaining of not having powers anymore.

- Wolverine was definitely acting out of character - threatening to make orphans of Reed's kids is something the Sabretooth would say.

- The premise of Doom having a island is wonderfully wacky. He can do whatever he wants in my book, including having an island retreat.

- I have no idea why Charles is on this mission. He doesn't typically go on missions, and the fact that he isn't using his powers at all (in contrast to Emma Frost) is glaring. The issue falls into that trope I dislike, where when bad guys have the power (Red Skull with Charles' telepathy, bad guy Magneto) they can hardly be stopped but when it is good guys with the same power they can't/don't use the power as effectively.

- Good stuff of having political hypocrisy (Country A showed aggression to Country B, which warrants return aggression to Country A and to Country C, which then warrants Country C to claim grievances for further aggression).

On balance, an average issue that gives you some of what you want, and somethings you don't want.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post

Yeah, that last one sounds the most egregious. Doctor Doom, I expect to be an arrogant, entitled jerk who thinks he's earned everything he's gotten (and perhaps more than he's actually merited), because that's how villains generally act. Sue ignoring the years the X-Men spent fighting to save the world despite human society's genocidal ingratitude toward them . . . that's something else.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Man somebody get Doom a mic to drop and Xavier a good healer because that was one nasty burn. First Namor and now Doom. Xavier is just getting burned by all the other rulers with the whole superiority thing. Is T’Challa gonna get a shot next?

The only good thing about this is seeing the X-men (Storm especially) lay the smackdown on these doomtinels in the next issue .. if the're not written as fodder to be saved by the FF.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡