Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    And the reason those same humans didn’t lose their future to the homo novissima is because Moira saved them. Anyways, here’s scans from POX 6 that not only show mutants are the next step in evolution, but there is are nine definitive futures that happened before getting reset.

I love Powers of X shutting down arguments.
    That's another future dystopia from several time lines just in Hickman's X-men, in Marvel where new time lines come and go like the wind. Remember Days of Future Past or Age of Apocalypse? Those are prior bad futures and there's numerous others outside the X-line. This might likely be solved by Hickman or dissolved when other writers take over the direction on a whim. Futures aren't stable in the Marvel universe. Until Hickman there was no Homo Novissima.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'm surprised that Hickman hasn't had Doom show up yet. He turned into such a fanboy....I remember when he used to be on Formspring during his FF run and he decided to post as Doom for a couple of days. He's said one of his all time favorites is Triumph & Torment. I once gave him a little Tokidoki Doom when he was at C2E2 and he had asked me where I had got the Doom shirt I had on . I have a feeling he might bust out Doom on the X-Men someday.
    A Doom under Hickman's pen interacting with the mutants is something I'd be overjoyed to see.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

I really don't want panel time dedicated to non x-characthers in the x-books, it's a waste of pages and its a toxic narrative that i'd rather have ignored

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

You are forgetting that from very early on, the Fantastic Four were right in the public eye. They never hid away or wore masks so everyone knew who they are and what they looked like. Ben was a guy from Hell's Kitchen and a local hero. They even had a gift shop in the lobby of the Baxter Building for the tourists. That got them a lot of trust from the public.

You should know as a Spider-Man fan that he and Johnny have been buddies for a while and Spider-Man has gotten some help from the FF. Johnny even had it in his last wishes that if anything happened to him that he wanted Spider-Man to take his place.
    I'd also mention that all that credibility the Fantastic Four built up went up in smoke after Stamford. Hell, Johnny got jumped by some anti-superhero punks on the street taking their anti-superhero fury out on him and knocked into a coma for the first part of Civil War. The point I'm trying to make is that as soon as the public lost faith in superheroes, anyone and everyone with powers was seen as a fair target by them, no matter how much credibility the heroes had earned from protecting them all those years. Basically, everyone was being treated as if no "better" than the X-Men, let alone Spider-Man in his pre-Avengers years, since you brought him up, so what I'm trying to say is that whether mutant or some other type of superhuman, all it takes is one bad day for that to make no difference to baseline humanity, so there's no point in trying to draw a separating line between mutants and everyone else with powers.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I really don't want panel time dedicated to non x-characthers in the x-books, it's a waste of pages and its a toxic narrative that i'd rather have ignored
    Sounds like you want a mutant echo chamber with no possibly dissenting voices. What about if the non-mutant voices are supporters and allies?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Sounds like you want a mutant echo chamber with no possibly dissenting voices. What about if the non-mutant voices are supporters and allies?
    i want to read about mutants only yes, and what about it?
    I couldn't give a banana's peels about any non mutants and dissenting voices/conflict, already exist anyway , I just dont want any more crossover's like these, and besides stevie, there are no mutant allies worth spending pages on
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-27-2020 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    That's another future dystopia from several time lines just in Hickman's X-men, in Marvel where new time lines come and go like the wind. Remember Days of Future Past or Age of Apocalypse? Those are prior bad futures and there's numerous others outside the X-line. This might likely be solved by Hickman or dissolved when other writers take over the direction on a whim. Futures aren't stable in the Marvel universe. Until Hickman there was no Homo Novissima.
    This isn’t an alternate future. In fact, this is Moira’s sixth life and now we’re on Moira’s tenth life, so this is in the past.

That can change at any time. We don't know how long Hickman will be on this title and he may go on another hiatus like he did after the huge amount of work he did with the Fantastic Four, going all the way back to his Dark Reign: Fantastic Four mini thru Secret Wars. And he's doing more work in a shorter span of time here. The next guy can turn things on a dime and it has happened before. I would hope that they would respect his work more than that but you never know. Sort of like Slott ditched the Future Foundation right after the start of his FF run, leaving them in limbo. They did get a mini of their own but it wasn't a strong enough property to put on their on it's own especially when Marvel (or that is to say Crazy Ike Perlmutter) decided to cancel Fantastic Four as part of some grudge with Fox.
    And until it does change, it’s canon.

Since we all seem to agree their's not gonna be a legitimate ending to this thing I have to ask...... What the **** WAS THE POINT!?!?!?!? All this character assassination 4 what?!?!? Just so Franklin can say Nah I'm good and fall back into obscurity under mummies arms, and the X-Men and F4 cam make asses of themselves!? So pointless SMDH

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Since we all seem to agree their's not gonna be a legitimate ending to this thing I have to ask...... What the **** WAS THE POINT!?!?!?!? All this character assassination 4 what?!?!? Just so Franklin can say Nah I'm good and fall back into obscurity under mummies arms, and the X-Men and F4 cam make asses of themselves!? So pointless SMDH
    to make money and promote the f4 , that is it

to make money and promote the f4 , that is it
    If that's the case that's completely unneeded they were outselling Avengers just last month and they got huge rolls in Empyre starting next week. Which they had better not **** up. I've never liked Richard's since Civil War.

BANNED

i mean f4 stan’s are loving this mini ; it certainly isn’t for the other half of this “team up”

i mean f4 stan’s are loving this mini ; it certainly isn’t for the other half of this “team up”
    It's not for either half if anyone thinks this has been a good portrayal their naive.

BANNED

It's not for either half if anyone thinks this has been a good portrayal their naive.
    go look at the marvel comics threads regarding this series , night and day

Astonishing Member

If that's the case that's completely unneeded they were outselling Avengers just last month and they got huge rolls in Empyre starting next week. Which they had better not **** up. I've never liked Richard's since Civil War.
    You shouldn't, since they turned him and Iron Man into villains. That's not how they're supposed to be written. Don't take Ferro's word on Marvel outside the X-line, they have no interest in an unbiased opinion that posits every human in Marvel are Graydon Creed imitators.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think what your asking for lead to this wide chasm between the editorial house of X-titles and the editorial house of Avengers and Fantastic Four etc. I think Shooter, for all his other faults, kept things balanced. When he wrote Secret Wars, he had a sprinkling of characters from many titles in the cast. I think it was fairly well balanced compared to what we have here. Naturally the final battle was between Marvel's iconic hero, Captain America and their iconic villain, Doctor Doom even though the two rarely face each other in the comics. In John Byrne's Fantastic Four there would be some interplay between the FF and the X-Men. Jean Grey made her return from the dead in a Byrne story. Storm, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, and Colossus appeared FF #249-250 in a battle with Gladiator. The Richards and Summers families in one future would unite when Franklin marries Rachel Summers.

I think Civil War probably started this cycle of hero vs hero that still goes on today. It has brought about this toxic effect on the stories told today.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-27-2020 at 10:27 PM.