Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    go look at the marvel comics threads regarding this series , night and day
    Don't fib. Read my review again....

Misunderstanding always seem to be the root cause of conflicts in the superhero community and that certainly has been the case in this series until the third issue. IMO it has taken too long to get to this point and I am disappointed in how it has been handled so far. There is fault on both sides and at this point and a bit tedious to rehash too much.
    I have mixed feelings about this issue, along with the project as a whole.
    But I have to repeat my complaint that it's not a terribly original plot to have the heroes in conflict over a misunderstanding.
    There is a difference of opinions there too. Sure, I'll own up on being a Doom fan so sue me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think what your asking for lead to this wide chasm between the editorial house of X-titles and the editorial house of Avengers and Fantastic Four etc. I think Shooter, for all his other faults, kept things balanced. When he wrote Secret Wars, he had a sprinkling of characters from many titles in the cast. I think it was fairly well balanced compared to what we have here. Naturally the final battle was between Marvel's iconic hero, Captain America and their iconic villain, Doctor Doom even though the two rarely face each other in the comics. In John Byrne's Fantastic Four there would be some interplay between the FF and the X-Men. Jean Grey made her return from the dead in a Byrne story, the Storm, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, and Colossus appeared FF #249-250 in a battle with Gladiator. The Richards and Summers families in one future would unite when Franklin marries Rachel Summers.

I think Civil War probably started this cycle of hero vs hero that still goes on today. It has brought about this toxic effect on the stories told today.
    that's wonderfull stories told 3 decades ago, im thinking of the ones in the past decade : this atrocity, ivx, axis, AvX, uncanny avengers, its enough evidence to justify my desire for said chasm to exist.

The only ones that lose in this scenario are the rest of the marvel universe and it's editorials that, aparently, have been incapable of telling stories like the ones you reference for at least the past decade, but also cant spend 1 year without trying to reduce the x-men, once again, to their determined dual role of cash-cow/punching-bag of the Marvel Universe. And I'm tired of It.
    When's the x-men's turn to use other proprieties to promote new titles? when is a popular avenger or whatever joining a team for like a year or two to increase sales?
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-27-2020 at 10:19 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

that's wonderfull stories told 3 decades ago, im thinking of the ones in the past decade : this atrocity, ivx, axis, AvX, uncanny avengers, its enough evidence to justify my desire for said chasm to exist.

The only ones that lose in this scenario are the rest of the marvel universe and it's editorials that, aparently, have been incapable of telling stories like the ones you reference for at least the past decade, but also cant spend 1 year without trying to reduce the x-men, once again, to their determined dual role of cash-cow/punching-bag of the Marvel Universe. And I'm tired of It.
    When's the x-men's turn to use other proprieties to promote new titles? when is a popular avenger or whatever joining a team for like a year or two to increase sales?
    Just let your wallet do the talking and don't buy a comic that you don't like. If it sells, then Marvel is going to go to that well again. I'm going to try out Empyre at least. That might be more of a team up

BANNED

Just let your wallet do the talking and don't buy a comic that you don't like. If it sells, then Marvel is going to go to that well again. I'm going to try out Empyre at least. That might be more of a team up
    im already doing so, but It's unlikely to stop :/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    This isn’t an alternate future. In fact, this is Moira’s sixth life and now we’re on Moira’s tenth life, so this is in the past.
    There is no set future in Marvel, all it is is alternate futures.

And until it does change, it’s canon.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    There is no set future in Marvel, all it is is alternate futures.
    It isn’t an alternate future. Not sure how many different ways I can tell you. All of Moira’s lives are in the 616, where she resets reality back to her birth following her death. I hope we don’t have to go back to HOXPOX debates cause this is all stuff that’s already been thoroughly confirmed.

Astonishing Member

It isn’t an alternate future. Not sure how many different ways I can tell you. All of Moira’s lives are in the 616, where she resets reality back to her birth following her death. I hope we don’t have to go back to HOXPOX debates cause this is all stuff that’s already been thoroughly confirmed.
    It's canon until it's not - you said this in your last post. HOX isn't something which will determine the fate of the X-men forever. Days of Future Past was a future which ominous dangled over the Marvel timeline for years until it suddenly wasn't, this isn't any different. This isn't about House of X, this is about how Marvel does future time lines - which includes House of X. Moira X didn't exist until months ago, before that she was a normal human ally to the X-men. That's the power of retcon in Marvel.

It's canon until it's not - you said this in your last post.
    Yeah, don’t twist what I said. I was talking about your explanation of futures and the instability of canon.

HOX isn't something which will determine the fate of the X-men forever. Days of Future Past was a future which ominous dangled over the Marvel timeline for years until it suddenly wasn't, this isn't any different. This isn't about House of X, this is about how Marvel does future time lines - which includes House of X. Moira X didn't exist until months ago, before that she was a normal human ally to the X-men. That's the power of retcon in Marvel.
    This is about House of X. These are the blueprint for X-stories from henceforth. All you keep saying to me is that “uhhh it might change one day” but with what we know right know and what we’ve known, mutants are the evolutionary next step. The rest of what you’re saying is fluff.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Agreed the best way to send a message to marvel is with the wallet. I also hope EMPYRE is just going to be about the earth heroes dealing with the invasion and the X-men being in Genosha dealing with their own issues with arakko.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

Yeah, don’t twist what I said. I was talking about your explanation of futures and the instability of canon.
    Which includes House of X.

Edit: If I'm reading you wrong, what were you trying to say?

This is about House of X. These are the blueprint for X-stories from henceforth. All you keep saying to me is that “uhhh it might change one day” but with what we know right know and what we’ve known, mutants are the evolutionary next step. The rest of what you’re saying is fluff.
    Because it will, how you feel about House of X won't change that. I'm not basing this off nothing, I gave you examples. House of X exists inside Marvel, which means it gets the same limitations. Editorial could fire Hickman tomorrow and House of X goes out in a puff of smoke, Hickman having this much control is the exception with X-writers. X-men didn't start with House of X and it certainly won't end with it.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 03-28-2020 at 05:32 PM.

i want to read about mutants only yes, and what about it?
    I couldn't give a banana's peels about any non mutants and dissenting voices/conflict, already exist anyway , I just dont want any more crossover's like these, and besides stevie, there are no mutant allies worth spending pages on
    Period point blank.

Which includes House of X.

Because it will, how you feel about House of X won't change that. I'm not basing this off nothing, I gave you examples. House of X exists inside Marvel, which means it gets the same limitations. Editorial could fire Hickman tomorrow and House of X goes out in a puff of smoke, Hickman having this much control is the exception with X-writers. X-men didn't start with House of X and it certainly won't end with it.
    The lack of anything concrete here besides a hypothetical scenario where you’re right despite the logical thing being basing what we’re talking about on established canon really isn’t an interesting argument I’m invested in continuing, even though I’m stuck in my house with nothing better to do.

House of X/Powers of X isn’t set in an alternate reality nor is there any aspect of that story that involves alternate realities. Mutants are the next step in evolution. These facts aren’t going anywhere anytime soon, so unless you want to continue this where you acknowledge what is on-page instead of not addressing it because of some backwards logic, I guess we’re done here.

Astonishing Member

The lack of anything concrete here besides a hypothetical scenario where you’re right despite the logical thing being basing what we’re talking about on established canon really isn’t an interesting argument I’m invested in continuing, even though I’m stuck in my house with nothing better to do.
    All the prior alternate future in X-men (including the iconic Days of Future Past), and other comics, isn't concrete? This isn't about what's "interesting" to you, it's about the facts about Marvel managing time lines. The fact Krakoa is in 616 won't mean its future time lines are there forever. Established canon in comics is very fluid, or do you think Moira X was there from the beginning?

House of X/Powers of X isn’t set in an alternate reality nor is there any aspect of that story that involves alternate realities. Mutants are the next step in evolution. These facts aren’t going anywhere anytime soon, so unless you want to continue this where you acknowledge what is on-page instead of not addressing it because of some backwards logic, I guess we’re done here.
    Go into denial, I guess everyone has to learn for themselves how Marvel does things.

All the prior alternate future in X-men (including the iconic Days of Future Past), and other comics, isn't concrete? This isn't about what's "interesting" to you, it's about the facts about Marvel managing time lines. The fact Krakoa is in 616 won't mean its future time lines are there forever. Established canon in comics is very fluid, or do you think Moira X was there from the beginning?

Go into denial, I guess everyone has to learn for themselves how Marvel does things.

but aren't you the one in denial tho? maybe I'm missing something because i didn't read y'all whole argument but from what I can gather, your whole point is that what Hickman is doing right now with Moira, the X-Men, and Krakoa might change because it's what Marvel does, but it's not like new things never stick at Marvel. so whether it may or may not get retconned later is a moot point because if it's big enough to grab eyeballs, sustainable, and overall successful enough it's just as likely to stay as it is to be retconned. So, in essence, all you're doing at this point in time is putting your fingers in your ears to what they're doing and banking on it to changing one day; which sounds like active denial.

I mean, people banked on the same thing over at DC with Johns and the Emotional Spectrum, all that stuff still exists to this day tho.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    but aren't you the one in denial tho? maybe I'm missing something because i didn't read y'all whole argument but from what I can gather, your whole point is that what Hickman is doing right now with Moira, the X-Men, and Krakoa might change because it's what Marvel does, but it's not like new things never stick at Marvel. so whether it may or may not get retconned later is a moot point because if it's big enough to grab eyeballs, sustainable, and overall successful enough it's just as likely to stay as it is to be retconned. So, in essence, all you're doing at this point in time is putting your fingers in your ears to what they're doing and banking on it to changing one day; which sounds like active denial.

I mean, people banked on the same thing over at DC with Johns and the Emotional Spectrum, all that stuff still exists to this day tho.
    Yep. The whole argument started in the literal denial of what Powers of X #6 explained as far as mutants being the next step in evolution and confirming how Moira’s powers work by constantly calling it an “alternate future.” But if they’re just gonna actively ignore what’s on the page, then there really isn’t any hope. Denial at its finest.