Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I love jean screaming Scott's name it took me back to TAS!!

Good issue.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

The abrupt, almost-deus ex solution to the Brood invasion makes me scratch my head. I mean, this space jaunt's only purpose, it seems, is to have the Shi'Ar and Starjammers witness King Broo's ascension, and that's it, because Broo could have just as easily eaten the King Egg back in Krakoa. Was there even a moral dilemma about eating / destroying the King Egg in the first place that could have stalled the decision?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Wait a second.

Back in the original Uncanny X-men, Xavier was infected by the Brood and eventualy his body turned into a queen, only with his mind still intact within. In order to save him, the X-men had his mind transfered into a healthy clone body. Which via retcon is now kinda prophetic.

But if the Brood absorb the knowledge of all those they consume/turn into their own. Wouldn't that mean their hive knowledge since then contained everything Xavier knew about Moira, the 9 timelines, etc.?

So wouldn't Broo now gain that knowledge too?
    OMG I--

That is an amazing theory. And if that's true then the X-Men might be lowkey screwed.

Also, since they're from another universe and they're essentially like an organic Phalanx, I'm still thinking the Dominions might have had a saying in sending the brood in this universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Man, this is what X-Men should be: ridiculous sci-fi action.
    Wasn't expecting that ending.

9.5/10. Yu please.

Also I like how Jean's speech about the Queens' fear of being taken over by higher rank Brood was actually a reference to the flatscans' fear of being taken over by the mutants.
    Thanks for pointing that out since I didn't realize that was the reference. It was a great speech.

How much is a Kree cycle? Because King Egg is temporal

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    How much is a Kree cycle? Because King Egg is temporal
    I assumed it was quite long since they were talking in terms of millenia like they were nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I assumed it was quite long since they were talking in terms of millenia like they were nothing.
    I'm not so sure about it. The Brood are just like a missile right now, you aim at what you want to destroy and shoot. I assume 10 years for example is enough to destroy the Shi'ar empire.

Changing the subject, we know that the Brood come from another universe. What if they are the organic version of the Phalanx of a universe where life and not AI took on the size of the Titans?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I'm not so sure about it. The Brood are just like a missile right now, you aim at what you want to destroy and shoot. I assume 10 years for example is enough to destroy the Shi'ar empire.

Changing the subject, we know that the Brood come from another universe. What if they are the organic version of the Phalanx of a universe where life and not AI took on the size of the Titans?
    Yeah I'm pretty sure they're related to the Phalanx and all those society things. I was wondering if the Dominions had actually a role in creating them and injecting them in other universes (experiments maybe).

BANNED

LMAO This was great. Pretty fast paced, Yu's art is not as good as 7, but good enough, and the ending was a big surprise. Also, further proof that Beast, Gamora, Angel and Black Bolt did nothing wrong. The Kree are assholes.

9/10

BANNED

Welp, the issue was fine. Nothing epic or unique like usual cosmic issues(I mean Hickman) but I guess the concept of the broods hasn't aged for me or in other words they are quite ineffectual like always for me.

I wish there could have been high scope towards this but yeah the last part of this issue where broo ate the egg was a quite cliffhanger.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I feel like this is something Jason Aaron would do.

You go, Broo.

JGS foreva!
    Too many characters people actually like.
    Not enough Phoenix.

Doubt.exe
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I love jean screaming Scott's name it took me back to TAS!!

Good issue.
    I expected Scott to be the one screaming Jean.
    Hope they keep it up and not make her the damsel in distress.

When i read this issue all i cloud thing about was the Mandalorian lol egg...
    Last edited by bell; 03-26-2020 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Hype. Aaron apparently carried stuff on for years in the Thorverse to good reception. There are lots of talented people in comics, not just Hix.

Aaron's X-Men work was hella ADD, though. Lots of random stuff like...Broo.
    Don't sleep on the fact that Broo was created by Christos N. Gage in Astonishing X-Men Vol 3 40, not by Aaron.

Storm's connection to the Brood and Acanti, and Broo, is of course ignored in this issue, but it was well done in Hickman's signature style.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Don't sleep on the fact that Broo was created by Christos N. Gage in Astonishing X-Men Vol 3 40, not by Aaron.

Storm's connection to the Brood and Acanti, and Broo, is of course ignored in this issue, but it was well done in Hickman's signature style.
    Really? Had no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    What a magnificent X-Empire!
    Oh and otherworld

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Oh snap, my apologies to Christos!