Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the amount of fetishism in one cover...
    Bradshaw needed to chill.
    "Cable was right!"

this one was fun! I rlly liked it!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Bradshaw needed to chill.
    the pointed foot with the sock. the pose, the shirt and shorts, hands around her hips, her expression, the socks... its so vile

Quote Originally Posted by guy_gardner View Post
    OH GOD! now I remember the Scatter....they were the weird aliens that Force Works fought in issue 1 of Force Works back in the 90s and Wonder Man got "killed" in that issue and replaced with Century (I'd like to see someone use that lame ass dude again :P)...I had that comic and its weird fold out/pop up cover.
    1) Century rules

2) We need to get Dan Abnet on an X-book STAT
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Loved this issue, Yu did great again on art duties and this was just a flat out fun read. So the X-Men now control the Brood if I am interpreting the story correctly, that makes them a universal force even more now. I love it.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Loved this issue, Yu did great again on art duties and this was just a flat out fun read. So the X-Men now control the Brood if I am interpreting the story correctly, that makes them a universal force even more now. I love it.
    Broo - the brood

Jamie - otherworld

Xandra - shi’ar

Vulcan some how connected to black bolt and the Kree
    Deathbird and Vulcans child was fused with Kree dna

Franklin Richards - galactus

Namor - Atlantis probably

X-men - Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It should be Kitty Pryde. Afterall she was pregnant with a Brood before

Aaron treated Kitty so weirdly. he basically set her on the path to leadership that Bendis and Guggenheim took to the next level , but then did absolutely obscene **** to her like this and jumped through hoops to keep her out of significant actions ... the only issue I remember where I felt he did her justice was the avx tie-in where Piotr tries to get her back but I haven't read it in ages

anyways that was insanely off-topic but it would be pretty funny if they did a call-back to this mess . I feel like even Duggan would think this arc was out-there

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

5 stars with a 10/10, from me.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the pointed foot with the sock. the pose, the shirt and shorts, hands around her hips, her expression, the socks... its so vile
    "It's Coming"
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Broo - the brood

Jamie - otherworld

Xandra - shi’ar

X-men - Krakoa
    And we have the Sidri redecorating the mansion.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Broo - the brood

Jamie - otherworld

Xandra - shi’ar

X-men - Krakoa
    *Storm- Goddess to current Wakanda and the five galaxies-spanning future Wakanda
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    *Storm- Goddess to current Wakanda and the five galaxies-spanning future Wakanda
    Magik - Ruler of Limbo

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Magik - Ruler of Limbo
    Combine all of this with Jumbo's fashion - mutants rule the multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Literally came to comment about this I'm not sure if I forgot or miss read but the Brood hierarchy was Empress> Firstborn>Queen>Dwarf Queen>Drone. I take it this is the first time this has been mentioned I'm not as caught up on my Brood history as I'd like. But if not else I gotta say Hickman's world building is unparalleled it is crazy the number of ongoing plots, mysteries, and character work he has all running together. It's also a treat to have all the things that are happening within the X-men actually matter and connect to one another.
    Technically, we have seen the Empress and Firstborn already.

Some backstory: The Brood were introduced to the world by Claremont and Cockrum in 1982. Cockrum has said that he came up with the look on a whim, as the script from Claremont called for some alien henchmen for Deathbird, and Cockrum just drew the least pleasant thing he could think of at the time. From that illustrious beginning, the Brood were born. In 1988, a small number of them came to earth on a dying Starshark. They quickly infected several people, among them mutants whose powers they then gained and fought the X-Men again. One victim, though, wasn’t a mutant. Her name was Hannah Conover. She was the wife of a traveling, Billy Graham-ish minister, and after being infected with a queen egg, she began spreading the infection to others while posing as a ‘faith healer’. This was the last we saw of this particular infestation until 1997, in X-Men vs. Brood: Day of Wrath.

In most cases, Hannah and her nest would have just been another Infestation in the making, but something happened to the Queen who had been Hannah. Even though she was a queen, that Queen has absorbed all of Hannah when she took over. Including Hannah’s faith. She began to have doubts about infecting so many people who had come to her with faith and trust in a higher power. So her hive stopped spreading, she lived as a human instead of a glorious Queen, and her children began following her and her husband - who had NO IDEA that his faith healing wife was a Sleazoid! - as they traveled and acted like security and ushers and looked after the people coming to the Conover revivals without infecting anyone else, even refusing to ‘faith heal’ anymore, out of her shame and guilt...

In Day of Wrath, we learn all of this, and we learn that the Brood are led by the empress, an immensely powerful telepathic being linked to every Queen in the universe. Hannah’s heretical thoughts and behavior prompted the Empress to send her personal royal guard, the Firstborn, to Earth to deal with the problem before it got out of control. The arrival of the Firstborn brought the X-Men back into the orbit of Hannah Conover, and they discovered that this woman they had helped years before was a Queen. Some (Wolverine) wanted her dead, but others saw hope in her desire to be free-willed and her use of her spawn to HELP people instead of mindlessly spreading. They fought the Firstborn at the cost of all of Hannah’s children, and learned that the Empress would never stop sending Firstborn after her, so Iceman and Beast put her in stasis and secured her beneath the mansion in the hope that someday, she might birth the ‘heroic’ Brood of Bishop’s future.
    Last edited by zinderel; 03-27-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Thanks zinderel. That's some fascinating stuff right there, as we know Hickman likes to dig up the past.