Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    The bar in which you are trying to showcase is too generic for Wolverine comics
    I disagree, as much sh*t as I give Aaron for his Thor run, his job on the Wolverine title was great, and is widely considered so, though I've also seen mixed reactions to it as every run has.

Which Wolverine run would you say is the best ?
    Last edited by Wall-Crawler; 03-26-2020 at 10:09 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    I disagree, as much sh*t as I give Aaron for his Thor run, his job on the Wolverine title was great, and is widely considered so, though I've also seen mixed reactions to it as every run has.

Which Wolverine run would you say is the best ?
    Well, his run was dragged by some typical backslash retcon. I prefer his run to be generic or mediocre among Wolverine runs.

Larry Hama's Wolverine.

Honestly writing him decently is more of an achievementin in his flagship run for writers than seeing writers up and right doing Batman or Spider-Man but I guess that's too superficial right now.
    Last edited by Vishop; 03-27-2020 at 05:32 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Well, his run was dragged by some typical backslash retcon. I prefer his run to be generic or mediocre among Wolverine runs.

Larry Hama's Wolverine.

Honestly writing him decently is more of an achievementin in his flagship run for writers than seeing writers up and right doing Batman or Spider-Man but I guess that's too superficial right now.
    I don't quite understand what you're trying to say.

Aside from Aaron, Wolverine has had many great runs, he's been a pretty consistent book throughout the years actually.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    I don't quite understand what you're trying to say.

Aside from Aaron, Wolverine has had many great runs, he's been a pretty consistent book throughout the years actually.
    You don't have to! Quite a number of Wolverine fans are pretentious about this a lot. Heck, Aaron's run which you were so bragging about was dragged by a typical retcon which he did it himself.

I think the only good thing happened to Wolverine was Old Man Logan(over the last couple of decades or so) and that too because he was a different character but he was still having consistent characterization in his own book

Though there are runs outside Wolverine where he has been written worse. Kyle/Yost's X-Force run was particularly one of his worst characterizations. Though I still think it was a good run overall.

Lots of things were ignored out of continuity and got retconned for Logan after Tieri and Morrison left and Quesada tried to bring back the same old Claremont's bad guy Wolverine all over again and it ended up in worse way due to Way.
    Last edited by Vishop; 03-28-2020 at 04:18 AM.

This was a great read!
    I really liked it. The pale girl is really a scary adversary. She is everywhere and she even controlled Iceman and Sorm. She might even have controlled Jean and QQ,two Omega telepaths, to be killed by Logan. Keep in mind she mostly caused people to self harm. She seems to mess with everybody. So I am not bothered how Wolverine is used here. I wonder how the pale girls powers work, since there were psionic dampeners on board with Logan and Bannister. Ischemic attacks, interesting... Also Bishop while he was wearing the headset was not affected at first, so maybe her powers work with sound?Did Bishop found Kate drifting underwater in Marauders? And now a Zombie Kate is dragging him underwater. Maybe she is twisting the bad memories of her victims. I am very intrigued!

Percy is playing with a lot of Logans old stories, the messed up memories, Old Man Logan, Wolverine goes to hell and ..
    for example this is art from Wolverine #3.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Benjamin_...696834/photo/1

He does this in an entertaining story, so I am fine with it.
    I think there is more to the story than we can see now.

I like Bannister and I hope that there is more to the situation than it seems to be and we will see him again.
    I hope that Wolverine will break the control, similar like he did in Percy's podcast The Lost Trail.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post
    My theory is that there are some signature moves Marvel likes to repeat.
    1. Wolverine having amnesia
    2. Wolverine killing teammates without meaning to
    3. Jean dying
    Tbf I don't think Amnesia has to do with this story and Wolverine having amnesia did use to have cool stories.
    Last edited by Vishop; 03-28-2020 at 06:55 AM.

BANNED

Finally grabbed this one. It was good. Not great and certainly not on par with the best of X-Force, but good enough. The scene with Cyclops was a good display of getting both characters right, with the minimum amount of words. "Wolverine gets controlled into killing his friends" is an overused plot line, but I can do with it, the Pale Girls is very creepy. The scene with the Marauders at the beginning was pretty scary.

Kubert and Martin are the true stars of this book, though. The way the art sells the thriller aspect of the story is out of this world and I absolutely love the use of light and the colors employed. Kubert posted a video of the process of the panel where Logan stabs Sabretooth and I can't help but fall for his work here.

7.5/10.

I found parts of this comic confusing because I don't read any other X-Men books besides Wolverine. I had to do some research to figure out why it wasn't that big of a deal he killed is friends (because they can be regrown), and I had no idea what the zombie Kitty (Kate) Pryde panel was all about until I did some research. Overall I liked the book, and the art is great.