Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Wolverine #2 Review/Spoilers

No one made a thread for this and Hush isn't around sadly, so i'm doing it.

I found the issue to be decent, Percy does have a good grasp in everyone's voices and Kubert's artwork still looks great. Sadly the story doesn't grab my attention too much, mostly because it reminds me to the Aaron's Wolverine Goes To Hell arc (an evil force posses Logan and he is attacking allies now), unless that he pulls a good twist on this, the arc is going to be a bit disappointing as the first one. To his credit, i did find the Pale Girl genuinely creepy and i am interested in knowing her deal, especially because everything indicate that she was able to infiltrate some important parts of Krakoa, kuudos to Kubert for that really good scene of Katy's corpse drowning Bishop.

Overall, is good, i just expected something more interesting, well at least i still the Dracula story to look foward.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

throuples first fight

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

This was a dull issue. I didn't really need another "Wolverine under mindcontrol" story.

Mighty Member

The one thing I wanna know is.

The Pale Girl is supposed to be a mutant of Krakoa...

Why is she running a drug cartel?

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    The one thing I wanna know is.

Why is she running a drug cartel?
    Is she? Did Percy said something that i miss. Because none of the issues mention that she is a mutant.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

A decent issue, but maybe not as captivating as the first? The tension between Scott & Logan after he kills Jean is the best part of the issue for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I'm not so sure she's a mutant. We don't know who/what she is just yet. Percy hasn't delved into her origins just yet

Wow im really off-base from the zeitgeist here because I really liked this issue. I love how Percy writes, like a hard-broiled detective/poet. tons of trashy metaphors.

the art is gorgeous too, really elevates the story.

zombie Kate was a moment, if anyone has a scan and posts it I'll love you forever xox

I like Agent Bannister, him and Logan's partnership is pretty fun. they're evenly matched ideologically for sure

maybe im just not subject to the ennui that comes with Logan's clichés yet, I've never followed any of his books as closely as this one

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

throuples first fight

the way Scott doesn't even look at him omg this one cut me deep. he really said **** this and **** you

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I'm not so sure she's a mutant. We don't know who/what she is just yet. Percy hasn't delved into her origins just yet
    I feel like she's gotta be. Otherwise her ability to route Krakoan teams just doesn't make sense?

How'd she know of the mars and savage land facilities?

Where The Marauders are going?

That Kate is dead?

That X-force would be out in Siberia?

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Wow im really off-base from the zeitgeist here because I really liked this issue. I love how Percy writes, like a hard-broiled detective/poet. tons of trashy metaphors.

the art is gorgeous too, really elevates the story.

zombie Kate was a moment, if anyone has a scan and posts it I'll love you forever xox

I like Agent Bannister, him and Logan's partnership is pretty fun. they're evenly matched ideologically for sure

maybe im just not subject to the ennui that comes with Logan's clichés yet, I've never followed any of his books as closely as this one

the way Scott doesn't even look at him omg this one cut me deep. he really said **** this and **** you
    That's probably the case, i also like how Percy writes and as i mentioned at the beginning, his voices for the characters are good, is just that after reading all Wolverine solos a year ago, i was expecting something more interesting than Logan being possessed again (hell that's how volume 4 stars).

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

throuples first fight
    Throupple is one of the worst words ever created

they are all friends, it is on the box
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-25-2020 at 07:21 PM.

BANNED

Not done with the issue yet, so things could go left, but I think Jeff will become a fan-favorite. Who's gonna be his MCU actor?

BANNED

Well ****.

Incredible Member

So was Pale Girl the other agent? Millie or whatever? It kind of seemed that way, which makes a lot of sense, if you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    So was Pale Girl the other agent? Millie or whatever? It kind of seemed that way, which makes a lot of sense, if you think about it.
    yeah, pale girl knew about every step of the agents

Percy said that there will be plot twists to what we saw on this issue, he compared it to memento

I agree that the plot – Logan being possessed/killing his teammates/being sad over it is a bit meh, we’ve seen this before. But at least the pale girl is creepy and interesting enough and Percy’s Logan is much better than many previous writers’ so I’m enjoying this book.
    Be kind, it's FREE