Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Really? Is there any actual difference from what Aaron or Miller did to Logan in their respective runs?
    Aaron's Logan would have used some crazy whataboutism in the Resurrection Pod room to blame Scott.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    Aaron's Logan would have used some crazy whataboutism in the Resurrection Pod room to blame Scott.
    Yeah, that's a bit too superficial to happen and I talking was about self-contained Wolverine character arcs. My question remains.
    Last edited by Vishop; 03-26-2020 at 09:04 AM.

Astonishing Member

Can Logan go 5 minutes without killing teammates? It happens way to often

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Can Logan go 5 minutes without killing teammates? It happens way to often
    My theory is that there are some signature moves Marvel likes to repeat.
    1. Wolverine having amnesia
    2. Wolverine killing teammates without meaning to
    3. Jean dying

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Spouses consider each other their friends and best friends all the time.
    not on this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Good issue. I liked it. I am sure all this is not what it seems.

@Benjamin_Percy

I've always loved movies like The Game and Memento. In the same way, you can't trust anything in Wolverine, Issue 2. There are several levels of gameplay at work -- an unreliability and distrust that extends to the reader -- that will begin to unlock in the next issue.
    i'm waiting for the plot twists.

The art is so good, frank martin colors are so good. Martin and Dean white are the best colorists on x-books right now
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-26-2020 at 09:07 AM.

Spectacular Member

Have yet to read the issue but not really sure why Jean's death is being shown as such a big deal. She is an Omega level mutant and member of the Quiet council. She would have been jumped to the front of the resurrection line and placed in the next available egg.

Now I am sure Logan might feel some guilt and want vengeance for being manipulated but in current age of Mutants death has no significance (unless you are Kate Pryde).

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I haven't read the issue yet, I think it is sad when writers make Wolverine hurt the people he cares about for another mind control story. I just feel it for him, to be manipulated into that also hurts him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    No one made a thread for this and Hush isn't around sadly, so i'm doing it.

I found the issue to be decent, Percy does have a good grasp in everyone's voices and Kubert's artwork still looks great. Sadly the story doesn't grab my attention too much, mostly because it reminds me to the Aaron's Wolverine Goes To Hell arc (an evil force posses Logan and he is attacking allies now), unless that he pulls a good twist on this, the arc is going to be a bit disappointing as the first one. To his credit, i did find the Pale Girl genuinely creepy and i am interested in knowing her deal, especially because everything indicate that she was able to infiltrate some important parts of Krakoa, kuudos to Kubert for that really good scene of Katy's corpse drowning Bishop.

Overall, is good, i just expected something more interesting, well at least i still the Dracula story to look foward.
    "Wolverine Goes to Hell" was pretty good though, Jason Aaron did a really good job in the Wolverine title.

BANNED

Anyway, I'm liking the book so far but I don't feel there's anything new being done, it's an ok book, that's pretty much it, though we're just two issues in, it can get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    "Wolverine Goes to Hell" was pretty good though, Jason Aaron did a really good job in the Wolverine title.
    I like his Wolverine Weapon X series (plus the Spider-Man team up and the "A Mile By My Mocassin" story), but i always found his run on the main title....mixed, it has some really good things, but it also has some really dumb ones, frankly he stayed with the characther more than it should have.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    The bar in which you are trying to showcase is too generic for Wolverine comics

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    Have yet to read the issue but not really sure why Jean's death is being shown as such a big deal. She is an Omega level mutant and member of the Quiet council. She would have been jumped to the front of the resurrection line and placed in the next available egg.
    The only thing she jumped to is Wolverine's claws.
    I'm pretty sure Logan has a second mutation that makes people forget to use their powers.

BTW, has Rhapsody been seen in Krakoa?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I thought this issue was great. Kubert is just killing it on art duties and the story is right up my alley. Is it ground breaking? No, we've seen Logan travel this road many times. Is it well written and plotted? Absolutely. I really want to know more about the Pale Girl and how she does what she does. The whole Bishop scene was terrifying as well, and the plants in the healing garden growing in and out of Logan and Bishops skin made my skin crawl. I can't wait for the next issue.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

They simply cannot stay alive more than two issues isnt ??

This is getting ridiculous, Wolverine guilt trip, the tale never told.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    not on this case.
    because you said so?