Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    He could just put his arms straight up and spin i circle. At that point he'd be inside the whake, and essentially killing Beastboy...no?

Also, is Whale soin tougher than Steel or something? Logan can the latter.

Or

He could just leap peak human style to avoid being pinned dead center. Might make for a rodiuclous looking difht with Logan playing hop scotch, but it could work.
    He's not going to be able to lift his arms to spin in a circle if a blue whale done landed on him. The impact has also likely knocked him out for a ten count.

And even leaping peak human style, leaping the full way out from a blue whale is a bit stretching it.

I'm increasingly coming around on Beast Boy for this. Between the verging on microscopic fly, the dragon thing (again, if valid), and whale from above, he has a variety of options here.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 03-31-2020 at 06:20 AM.

According to my (rushed and sloppy) research, BB has become a Dragon or something similar on at least 3 occasions, post-crisis and onwards. It's not common but not totally unheard of. Awesome.

Honestly the whale body slam should be enough though.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

The whale body slam is a mutual KO though - whales don't bodyslam with alacrity and grace, and they suffocate just lying on dry land, without dropping onto it. Gar does that, he's losing too.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    The whale body slam is a mutual KO though - whales don't bodyslam with alacrity and grace, and they suffocate just lying on dry land, without dropping onto it. Gar does that, he's losing too.
    Nothing stops him from changing back into Garfield post Wolverine KO. He just has to land on the guy, the impact should knock Wolverine out for a ten count, and that's it. He's still conscious, Wolverine is not. That's a win.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 03-31-2020 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    According to my (rushed and sloppy) research, BB has become a Dragon or something similar on at least 3 occasions, post-crisis and onwards. It's not common but not totally unheard of. Awesome.

Honestly the whale body slam should be enough though.
    Well, that's drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Well, that's awesome and I wish it happened more often.
    Fixed that for you.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Nothing stops him from changing back into Garfield post Wolverine KO. He just has to land on the guy, the impact should knock Wolverine out for a ten count, and that's it. He's still conscious, Wolverine is not. That's a win.
    He wouldn't be conscious, is my point. Drop a whale on the ground, it is going to suffer massive damage. Does Gar have feats for whale-belly-flops that don't hurt him?
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

He wouldn't be conscious, is my point. Drop a whale on the ground, it is going to suffer massive damage. Does Gar have feats for whale-belly-flops that don't hurt him?
    Cartoon Gar does. Not sure about comic Gar. Seems a moot point given the dragon thing though.

The thing about Beast Boy, and this is the sort of stupid thing that makes it I suppose not a reach that he really has turned into a dragon multiple times, is that his animal forms are stronger and more durable than the actual animal shapes he takes. It's, I want to say, the dumbest aspect of his powers? But all the same it's how he does things like, as an example, turn into an elephant and hurl someone through the hulls of multiple cargo ships in one move. Or why there's a note earlier of him in gorilla form being Spidermanish in strength and what have you.

Iunno if he kept that after the Wolfman era Titans (given how many reboots it's been since then), but if he did, it shouldn't be a problem. I dimly recall some stuff from him in gorilla form in later comics that suggests he did though.

Seems a moot point given the dragon thing though.
    Or the fly thing. I'm still thin on Wolverine targeting a thing you need a microscope to make out.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 03-31-2020 at 09:06 PM.

Given Logan's senses, I could see him targetting something really small. Also, how small of a thing has Gar turned into?

For the whale thing, OK, if his powers work like that, they work like that.

The dragon thing would be his best bet, though, Logan couldn't do any more than throw one of his two coffees at Gar in that case, all the while getting barbecued.

I don't think that the "expand in his head" thing is a good idea, however, as again, that's gonna be a mutual KO, as Gar is not going to be able to blow up adamantium, so he's going to be compressed himself.

I guess if he makes it inside, he can turn into a mouse or something, but again, I think that's going to KO him, as the pressure is going to get awfully high.

Nope, dragon form is the way to do this with absolutely no risk at all.

I don't think that the "expand in his head" thing is a good idea, however, as again, that's gonna be a mutual KO, as Gar is not going to be able to blow up adamantium, so he's going to be compressed himself.
    He only needs to grow large enough to pulp most of Wolverine's brain, then turn back into something much smaller. There are any number of things that are not quite the size of the human brain to turn into as far as smashing it up. Or even just half the size of the human brain. The brain is not especially durable.

It's the most efficient and risk free win here and thus the one he'd go with, sure.

Given Logan's senses, I could see him targetting something really small. Also, how small of a thing has Gar turned into?

For the whale thing, OK, if his powers work like that, they work like that.

The dragon thing would be his best bet, though, Logan couldn't do any more than throw one of his two coffees at Gar in that case, all the while getting barbecued.

I guess if he makes it inside, he can turn into a mouse or something, but again, I think that's going to KO him, as the pressure is going to get awfully high.

Pretty much agree on all points, although i'd think it'd be trivally easy for any peak human to tag something as slow as a fly.

So...
    Arena fights goes to Beast boy because of Dragon form, unless Wolverine outlast Gar by running around on fire for hours. Lol. And I guess that gross brain strategy too.

A fight in a city coukd go either way, since Logan could probably find a way to sneak up on Gar.

Astonishing Member

The brain is not especially durable.
    That's so true. Saw it in my real world research career. Question - If Beast Boy becomes a virus, does he replicate? Same with being a bacterium? If he got into Wolvie as a fly or something small, he could get to the brain and become something that produces a potent neurotoxin. How fast does healing work as to prevent a 10 count? Some neurotoxins are truly evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    That's so true. Saw it in my real world research career. Question - If Beast Boy becomes a virus, does he replicate? Same with being a bacterium? If he got into Wolvie as a fly or something small, he could get to the brain and become something that produces a potent neurotoxin. How fast does healing work as to prevent a 10 count? Some neurotoxins are truly evil.
    I think the idea behind the brain-attack is BB goes through the nose as a tiny fly, then turns into a mouse or beetle and rummages around in there.

If BB turns into a virus or bacteria he likely loses, as healing factor mutant white blood cells mob his microscopic form and kill him.

Wolverine has feats against poison and disease. I would not want to be a foreign microbe in W's body. BB can launch safer modes of attack against W than that.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 04-08-2020 at 09:59 AM.

I think the idea behind the brain-attack is BB goes through the nose as a tiny fly, then turns into a mouse or beetle and rummages around in there.
    The idea is that he turns into something just moderately smaller than the brain, thereby pulping the brain basically.