Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Favorite Mutant?

So in all of marvel who is your favorite mutant and why? Simple question. Not looking to debate who is the best or most powerful or put down anyone else's choice. Just want to know who you love and why.

Mine is The Blob (in case you couldn't have guessed) The first X Men story I read was a reprint of his first appearance in X Men 3. I fell in love with him right away. I then saw him on the X Men cartoon in the 90s. I am like damn this guy can not be moved bullets bounced off of him. Man he was so cool.And he was a bigger guy. I was an overweight child so I thought cool he is overweight like me. I wished I had his powers to deal with bullies. When me and my friends played hero I was always The Blob.

I just wish they would do more with him. Though I am not reading the current X Books so if they are doing something with him please let me know. That would be my motivation to pick up the books

So who do you love?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Spectacular Member

Jean and Emma, hard to choose.

I don't know if it's love, but I'm pretty devoted to Psylocke-adjacent characters. Captain Britain, Meggan, Kwannon, Betsy herself. She's such a beautiful mess, I can't help it.

Betsy Braddock for sure. I loved her since Fall of the Mutants and all through her entire X-career. She's the one I'm most excited to read about. I love that she's sweet to her family and friends but incredibly tough all around.

Rictor comes in second, I just show him a lot of love with my avatar since there's so many beautiful Betsy avatars already out there.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Oh lawd this is going to be a crazy long thread.

I'm a Magik fan through and thorough. As a young pup reading Claremont's X books I was fascinated by Pitor and his struggles. When they introduced Illyana I was blown away by her storyline and was drawn to the horror elements. When New Mutants came out I was super pumped that she was added to the team and as her storyline advanced I was absolutely sucked in. It wasn't teen crush (that was Kitty for me) or lust, but I felt she was the little sister I always wanted and was always rooting for to overcome the odds. When she was reverted to child form and eventually died from Legacy Virus I was absolutely shattered. Once the Blue/Gold teams and X-Force were full force I realized that New Mutants and Magik were the reasons I was reading the X-Books. Add to it that Excalibur was going down a weird road I didn't like and I was done.

Years later, as a Buffy fan I was brought back into X-Books thanks to Wheadon's run. I was enjoying the runs, caught up with Morrison's run and followed through House of M. I was naturally thrilled they brought back Magik in House of M, but was completely bummed out that at the time it seemed like there was no point to the appearance and I dropped after not liking the follow up New Mutants run and Academy X. Also considering I was a broke 20-something who really shouldn't have been buying comics at the time... I quit again. Little did I know that a couple of months later I would have been a VERY happy boy.

Flash forward to a few years ago, I stumbled across some beautiful art for a character that looked a heck of a lot like... MAGIK?!?!? I dove head first into Marvel Unlimited and re-read the ENTIRE X-catalog to find out what I missed through both gaps of reading. Now I'm once again a loyal X-reader and have been recollecting books now that I'm an older fart with disposable income. I even have a Magik tattoo.

I love how she's evolved from "my little sister" to "bad ass with the coolest storylines and dark sense of humor."
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

BANNED

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I don't know if it's love, but I'm pretty devoted to Psylocke-adjacent characters. Captain Britain, Meggan, Kwannon, Betsy herself. She's such a beautiful mess, I can't help it.
    Agreed. Yet she perseveres. .

Such a funny question. Because when I think about my favourite mutant has nothing to do with their powers. It's the character and attitude and resilience.

My heart it's X-23 but my head says Emma Frost.

Emma's my 2nd favourite SH behind Batman. She's a self-made women, shrewd and pragmatic. She plays to win, but not for world domination or to prove anything to anyone (but herself). But she has a 'can do' attitude towards life, and she understands that regret and self-pity do nothing.

She also does not pin her self worth and make decisions based on needing to be liked and admired (which she knows has a corrosive effect on her spirit). Because she does not need to be liked and admired, it makes her bold and fearless. She does not sell herself short and is willing to go after whatever she wants and will happily stand down anyone who gets in her way. Whether that be Corporate titan, politician or a venal super villain.

She can be aloof and unfriendly, but it has less to do with arrogance or a smug superior attitude, than the fact that she's a private woman who finds people draining and needs peace and quiet to recharge & strategize. Like Batman/Bruce Wayne she is a true aristocrat who considers it her duty to take care of the weak, other people and society in general. Whether that be through teaching, running a business and providing employment and services, to providing secour to others. She takes great care of her appearance. not out of vanity but out of self respect.

Emma Frost is hands down one of the finest women in literature. And one of my personal muses. .
    Last edited by Mia; 03-26-2020 at 07:21 AM.

Jean Grey and Wolverine!

Hard to choose who comes first. Both are selfless and put others before themselves. Willing to die and sacrifice for the greater good.

I love that Blob has a superfan. Rock it, gurl.

Ever since childhood, my favorites have been Storm and Rogue. Storm probably edges out Rogue a tiny bit, but I love them both. Storm was I believe the first action figure I ever got... watching her on X:TAS was inspiring. And Rogue being so strong and sassy was so unlike the other female characters in other media at the time (Scarlett, April O'Neil, Janine Melnitz, etc.). X:TAS also made me love Vertigo and her rainbow drag, but she's not "technically" a mutant.

Phantazia was my first obscure favorite who I fell in love with after getting the Hardee's X-Men happy meal toys in the 90's.

Frenzy grew to be a favorite during her Acolyte days. I love the 90's comics and seeing a random, sorta obscure villain evolve from henchwoman to zealot to full-fledged X-Man was quite a joy.

I honestly didn't think that much about Northstar as a kid, but as an adult I really appreciate his legacy as the first major gay mainstream superhero. He broke all them glass ceilings and I love him for it.

I love Mystique's classic Brotherhood, but Avalanche and Pyro always stole the show for me.

Siena Blaze became a favorite after I played X-Men: Gamesmaster's Legacy on Sega Game Gear as a kid (god I'm old) and I was like "who is this badass bitch hurling tornados at me?" After reading her breakout issue, X-Men Unlimited #1, I was hooked.

I also enjoy Prism and Thumbelina for their unique comic book looks. And I love underdogs, which they both certainly are (Prism can't stay together for one issue and Thumb is the bullied-teen of the MLF). Similarly, Briquette is a big boss bitch and I love her. It helps that she originated as a member of an all-female villain team.

Lastly, the Kleinstock Brothers are enjoyable for me since they're both hot dudes and their power is to "merge" in a homoerotic way. I get that they're brothers and no I do NOT want them to bang each other or do I endorse incest, but it's fun nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Lastly, the Kleinstock Brothers are enjoyable for me since they're both hot dudes and their power is to "merge" in a homoerotic way. I get that they're brothers and no I do NOT want them to bang each other or do I endorse incest, but it's fun nonetheless.
    One of them died right? Used to be a trio? Wonder if he'll come back before Destiny.

Jean and Selene

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Kurt. Since 1980.
    Because he’s beautiful, body and soul.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I keep going between Rogue and Gambit, but right now it's Gambit. I'm a sucker for the swashbuckling, thief with a heart of gold trope and I like characters that don't necessarily fit as a hero or a villain but instead toe the line. I've also always loved his powerset/abilities. Plus, he's pretty unique: cards, trench coat, Cajun accent, etc. He's just so cool
    Make Good Art

Mighty Member

Psylocke (Betsy Braddock), Storm and Rogue are all tied for number one favorites

Psylocke. Remender's X-Force made me a fan.
    Best dressed is Rogue. Tons of costumes and none of of them are terrible.