Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

see even if you ask in larger circles you will get the most popular ones, but also some niche solutions, x-fans really embrace the more obscure characthers if they come with a proper story, hellions is a prime example of this, its interesting that makes us as a fanbase a bit more specific.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    To be honest so fat I am shocked to see that there really arnt many Wolverine Deadpool answers. I thought they were the big ones of the mutant world.
    Well they're the only characters from the X world who can hold their own stories and books and locals like them

It seems like the X fans are only interested in X-Men when they are all together

Astonishing Member

Exodus , his single-minded inexorable drive for the mutant cause yet inexplicable 'right hand/trusted lieutenant attitude instead of figurehead have me scratching my head to this day. Can't wait for the day when he stops being a drummer for Magneto or Apocalypse and drums for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Oh lawd this is going to be a crazy long thread.

I'm a Magik fan through and thorough. As a young pup reading Claremont's X books I was fascinated by Pitor and his struggles. When they introduced Illyana I was blown away by her storyline and was drawn to the horror elements. When New Mutants came out I was super pumped that she was added to the team and as her storyline advanced I was absolutely sucked in. It wasn't teen crush (that was Kitty for me) or lust, but I felt she was the little sister I always wanted and was always rooting for to overcome the odds. When she was reverted to child form and eventually died from Legacy Virus I was absolutely shattered. Once the Blue/Gold teams and X-Force were full force I realized that New Mutants and Magik were the reasons I was reading the X-Books. Add to it that Excalibur was going down a weird road I didn't like and I was done.

Years later, as a Buffy fan I was brought back into X-Books thanks to Wheadon's run. I was enjoying the runs, caught up with Morrison's run and followed through House of M. I was naturally thrilled they brought back Magik in House of M, but was completely bummed out that at the time it seemed like there was no point to the appearance and I dropped after not liking the follow up New Mutants run and Academy X. Also considering I was a broke 20-something who really shouldn't have been buying comics at the time... I quit again. Little did I know that a couple of months later I would have been a VERY happy boy.

Flash forward to a few years ago, I stumbled across some beautiful art for a character that looked a heck of a lot like... MAGIK?!?!? I dove head first into Marvel Unlimited and re-read the ENTIRE X-catalog to find out what I missed through both gaps of reading. Now I'm once again a loyal X-reader and have been recollecting books now that I'm an older fart with disposable income. I even have a Magik tattoo.

I love how she's evolved from "my little sister" to "bad ass with the coolest storylines and dark sense of humor."
    Truly, madly, deeply, my love for the X-MEN is endless and asking to pick ONE FAVORITE is like asking with finger I want cut off.
    If asked to choose a favorite AVENGER? Piece of cake.
    But the FAM?????
    I LOVE ALL OF MY BABIES SO MUCH -- even the really wretched hairy ones. And my adoration fluctuates all over depending on which brilliant writer is steering the ship, you know?
    Emma? Berto? Dougie? Sinister? Julian? Shattybuns? Monet? Kurt? Rogue? Remy? Ro? Slim? Sofia?<clenches chest sobbing> WHAT IS LIFE EVEN??!

Okay but if this is some kind of sadistic "CHOOSE OR BE CAST INTO THE VOLCANO!!!" scenario (Amara???) I will have to stand in solidarity with my boy pandafarmer, and go with YANA.

When I learned of Yana, the X-game changed.I dove DEEP into the back issues thanks to her. I combed conventions for the Magik mini series. I was ravenous for any and all content I could acquire -- especially after realizing she was long dead. I needed to have EVERY appearance. And when she came back? In the New X-Men, after House of M????

Chills.

But to choose a singular favorite is purest savagery.

I’m still rolling the idea of “love” around in my head.

There are characters in devoted to, like I mentioned earlier. The Braddock family, which extends to Rachel, Kwannon, Kylun. Basically the characters who bloomed under Alan Davis. Which is why I’m more interested in Nightcrawler’s well-being than I am Shadowcat’s.

Then there are those I respect, for their permanence in the brand, like Storm, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Wolverine. They’re not mine to love, but I would certainly sweep their sidewalks.

Then there’s a growing lot of stepchildren who need more care, starting with Colossus, Sunfire, Bishop, Jubilee, the Gen X boys, new gay Iceman, Stacy X, Marrow, Spiral, Bedlam, Darwin, the MLF, Guido... etc

Then there’s characters who others seem to love but aren’t my bag, but I can see their appeal and sort of wish I could feel for them what others do. Most of the New Mutants, Dazzler, Longshot, basically 80s babies.

Then there’s characters who waste space, like Havok, Cable, Hope, Pixie, Armor, Surge, Hellion, several several other students.

Of all of these, I think Captain Britain, Bedlam, and Kylun MIGHT be the closest thing to love? They’re the only ones I dreamed up limited series plots for.

BANNED

picking a fav anything else in marvel is easy :
    fav spoder person: cindy an jessica
    favorite avengers (aka the ones that dont suck): monica, wasp, thor
    fav defender: misty
    fav magical: vodduu or clea
    fav x-men: ??? how???????????

For me the answer will always be Synch. The visual of his aura alone I always loved, but moreso the reason why he is my favorite is that he was the first mutant character I could look up to and identify with as a black man.

Cyclops. Ever since I met him in issue #111.
    unnamed.jpg

Iceman is my personal favorite

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I don't have a single fave

Polaris, Sage, Emma Frost, Magneto, Raven Darkholme, Domino, Doug Ramsey, Ilyanna Rasputin/Magik, Madelyne Pryor to degrees. There are quite a lot of muties I'm very keen on and many more I just am not currently coming up with.

Oh yeah Legion is another one I like we haven't seen him at all yet though which is.. interesting.

I try NOT to analogize my faves to myself although sure to a degree I like characters due to reminding me of me but I also find characters who have big distinctions from myself intriguing as well
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Hmm Interesting.

My Favorite Marvel Superhero: Storm.
    My Favorite Mutant: Gambit and Iceman
    My Favorite Team: Uncanny X-Men Gold: Storm, Jean, Iceman, Colossus, Archangel, Bishop

Dazzler is my comic book queen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flameworthy View Post
    Dazzler is my comic book queen.
    i love her as well, just wish they had kept the original design inspiration in grace jones :/

This was a very very easy question for me

My favorite Mutant: Magneto!

How can you not at least like him even if he’s not your favorite. He has always done what he thinks is best for mutant kind. And he’s such a compelling character to read about. I AM NOT GOING TO SPOIL ANYONE! But I have to say that he is 100% awesome in Dawn of X!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Do I have to pick just one? Nightcrawler, probably, but Cyclops, Madrox, Emma, Hellion, Dust, Rahne, Frenzy, Unuscione, Tempo, Catseye, Laura, etc. are all right there nipping at his heels! I have dozens of favorites (including some that are flat-out terrible, like Empath, or super-obscure like Fixx)!

But Nightcrawler is tops, because he was *this* close to being a member of my favorite team of all time, the Legion of Super-Heroes. But DC didn't like him, 'too weird-looking,' and Cockrum brought him here, and that's DC's loss!
    Which is odd since the Legion of Superheroes had rather strange looking characters already and they even developed more later on. Glad it didn't happen too. He is much more interesting as a mutant.

If anyone hasn't guessed yet: Nightcrawler. He is visually striking and has a cool powerset, blending and seeing in the shadows combined with disappearing in the blink of an eye, climbing buildings, well you cant get honestly cooler than that. He loves his friends so much, he is loyal, passionate and idealistic.

As I said his pals are important and he has developed a protective older brother attitude toward Kitty.

And there is of course his bestest friend Logan who he didn't mind braving hell in the afterlife for to lend him a hand. Can't not mention Ororo and Piotr as well - the ANAD team plus Rachel and Kitty. I'll add Betsy, she's pretty close with him too. They bonded during the XSE and the Remender era.

And his passion, sometimes fiery, sometimes explodes when he feels there has been a major injustice. The beast gets unleashed!

He has a nice smile. The cheak bones and the nice little toosh doesn't hurt none either. :-p

I love the X-Men as a whole and think everyone has contributed something unique to the mythos. That said here are the runners up: Shadowcat, Psylocke and Wolverine... but the latter not as much these days with too many different interpretations and overexposure. I liked him best as the man with a mysterious and relative unknown history who struggled to be a man, the failed samurai. Oh, and Iceman is my favorite of the 05. Storms around there too in her "mohawk days" even if I like her in general.