Incredible Member

Default The Shadow vs Ra's Al Ghul

Who takes it?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDiggle View Post
    Who takes it?
    Original book version, I'm inclined to go with the Shadow since he can probably do everything Ras can do and more.

Radio show version who relied heavily and mostly on his invisibility, Ras takes it.
    Power with Girl is better.

Invisible character on a radio show is like a polar bear in a blizzard.

Unless Ra's is a bullet-timer, the Shadow just shoots him dead.

Incredible Member

Wasn't the Shadow's whole schtick not actual invisibility but just messing with people's minds so that they can't see him? I tend to think Ra's would be able to overcome that kind of mental messing and without that, the Shadow has no real advantage over Ra's.

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    Wasn't the Shadow's whole schtick not actual invisibility but just messing with people's minds so that they can't see him? I tend to think Ra's would be able to overcome that kind of mental messing and without that, the Shadow has no real advantage over Ra's.
    In the original source, the books, his invisibility was a skill along with being stronger than everybody else, faster than everybody else, smarter than everybody else, more skilled in combat than everyone else, a better detective than anyone else, as well as being rich, etc. Sounds familiar, doesn't it? He has plenty of advantage over Ras.

In the radio show, his big thing is invisibility and other telepathic abilities like mind control and mind reading are pretty minor.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    What's Ra's' standard equipment? A sword? It looks to me like The Shadow has two real advantages over Ra's. (Hint: BANG BANG)

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Invisible character on a radio show is like a polar bear in a blizzard.
    Not really it's the same as in a movie or comic difference is they tell us what's going on.

Shadow just guns Raas down while invisible.