Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
To answer OP:

1.) Comic book adaptations are not literal translations of comics. So reviewers are going to judge the movie by its own merits and demerits, not on how faithful Cassandra Cain's characterisation is.

2.) The movie is fun, poppy, has a catchy soundtrack and Robbie, Smollet-Bell, Winstead, McGregor and Messina's performances are great.

3.) Opinions are subjective.
Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
Actually it seems to me that these critiques are about the merits and demerits of the movie, not about the personal opinions of OBbrianTallent or about the literal translation of the comics:

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
[…]
That's not even taking into the very badly choreographed fight scenes. I've seen better on HGTV.
[…]
I just started watching Picard last night, the fight choreography on that show is a thousand light years above and beyond this movie.
[…]
Black Canary is the only one who had a semi competent actress and look, however her story was woefully pitiful especially knight if the revelation in story that her mother was a hero with the same powers. So that gets her mom killed and lil Canary goes to work for the people who did it?
[…]
The stunt choreography--that's subjective. Personally I thought it was all great. Chad Stahelski worked on the stunt choreography and he's exceptional.

Black Canary was underused, but maybe they wanted to hold back so they had more material for her own movie (were that to happen). I can extrapolate from what was shown to how she ended up going in the opposite direction from her mother. Her mom got herself killed and she probably resents her mother for that. Lots of people end up falling into the same criminal gangs that victimized their families.

I knew that the movie wasn't going to be like the comics--you could already see that in the trailers. I always watch movies as different creatures from the comics and don't go in expecting any fan service. So when there is stuff from the comics, I'm always pleasantly surprised. I didn't expect all the call-outs to the cartoons and the comics--and when they happened that put a big smile on my face.

The opening of the movie was something I had been thinking should happen, not expecting them to do it. It was how I wanted the movie to open, so I was giddy seeing they had the same idea as me.
spoilers:
talking about the animation sequence
end of spoilers.