I realize this isnt in the exact appropriate thread, but as a fan of the comics, I found absolutely nothing remotely similar to the comic or the characters. Black Canary working for a mob boss? Helena Bertinelli a homicidal rager...Renee Montoya an 80s bad cop show retread. Cassandra Cain a smart mouthed (seriously? ) pick pocket.
That's not even taking into the very badly choreographed fight scenes. I've seen better on HGTV. For Harley, it was decent and would have made a pretty good solo for her. Just to toe it The Emancipation of One Harley Quinn. As a birds of prey movie...no.
Helena Bertinelli is a layered, intelligent character no matter which one you go with..either a school teacher or the headmistress of a spy organization. Not someone who stands in front of a mirror growling at herself trying to decide between crossbow killer and Huntress.
I just started watching Picard last night, the fight choreography on that show is a thousand light years above and beyond this movie. Likewise cringe worthy are the outfits. What the hell did they have on Huntress? Especially at the end when shes supposed to be in something that resembles her comics costume...it looks like a purple trash bag with white tape on it. And Montoyas t-shirt....I cant even.
Black Canary is the only one who had a semi competent actress and look, however her story was woefully pitiful especially knight if the revelation in story that her mother was a hero with the same powers. So that gets her mom killed and lil Canary goes to work for the people who did it?
I really wanted this movie to be good, I really wanted a great Birds of Prey movie, but the characters look and act nothing like their comic book counterparts. This was just bad.