Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

You know what? Flash: Rebirth and Barry Allen. Going from that mess into Flashpoint solidified my exasperation with Barry. Sadly, I'm kind of done with him.

Dude went from the patron saint of superheroics and is now just some generic All-Flash that they strip mine everyone else to prop up and it's so ugly and transparent I can't stand him. He's done nothing of worth since he came back. The TV show Barry is Barry Allen in name only. He could have been an original character.

It's a shame, too. I really used to like Barry but ever since then he's become the stand-in for "Old Men Can't Accept Change" because of how poorly they handled his reintroduction.

BANNED

I’m not fond of Barry’s movie variation either. I don’t understand what they were going for at all with that.

The first episode I was already saying to myself I see Grant Gustin more as Spiderman than I do The Flash any of them. Jay is so unknown to me that they could of used him for the show instead and I wouldn’t have recognized the uncharacteristic behavior.

I’m honestly not fond of DC’s casting in general outside a few characters here and there.

I’m not fond of Barry’s movie variation either. I don’t understand what they were going for at all with that.
    Never seen the tv version, but I get what they were going for in the movie. Or at least I think I do. Not a bad character. He in no way resembles Barry Allen in personality, but he's not a bad character as someone totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The TV show Barry is Barry Allen in name only. He could have been an original character.
    I think that's really unfair to TV Barry. He's got Barry's job, his origin, the relationship to Iris, Thawne, and the base characteristics that make Barry Allen Barry Allen.

Did they graft on some Wally traits? Yes. But I feel like those have become less pronounced as the show has gone along.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It means, hell of a lot. You start early,if you are focused and disciplined there will be unbelievable difference . Yeah! In their teens, youth and bruce is an adult. Damian is giving them trouble. That's pure talent. He was crafted to be a weapon. 20 year old damian could dwarf anything bruce can, if everything goes right.
    Damian is anything but focused and disciplined. That has consistently been his flaw. His "trouble" towards the others came from a sneak attack on Tim and the moment Tim took off the kid gloves it was shown he vastly outclassed Damian. You're argument is based on a Damian that does not and probably never will exist.

So? those guys never actually try to beat him up(superman anyways. Darkseid things, batman is a flee most of the time) . Bane broke his back. That's brutal. But, that's still doesn't equate to beatings and torture jason endures on an average scale. That's precisely the point. Batman is a better fighter. Jason without being as much of fighter, gets up after every beating he gets. He keeps going. So, he can endure more. This wasn't about who is the better fighter.It was about who can take more beatings and still keep walking. Who can get more injured, be at deaths door and still be at piece.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...yne_dc_new_52/

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...c_post_crisis/

Take a look at the entries under the durability section. The injuries Bruce has survived are a lot more sever than getting beat up.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Damian is anything but focused and disciplined. That has consistently been his flaw. His "trouble" towards the others came from a sneak attack on Tim and the moment Tim took off the kid gloves it was shown he vastly outclassed Damian. You're argument is based on a Damian that does not and probably never will exist.
    You are accusing damian of being unfocused and undiscplined? Get outta here with that. That kid is ambitious and narrow minded on his goal.Damian is supposed to be ninja, sneak attacks are fair. Tim just wasn't not ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...yne_dc_new_52/

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...c_post_crisis/

Take a look at the entries under the durability section. The injuries Bruce has survived are a lot more sever than getting beat up..
    Batman's durability was never in question. It was about how much beating a guy can take and still move forward. Dude! Him being durable is a given with all the armour, he has on him. Jason doesn't have that kind tech. His tech are low grade and he has a couple of magic swords. He can't run through bazooka or get his body frozen and make it back like nothing .

See, there are two kids. One kid is well built and very strong, he gets hit with large forces he can handle and he hits back. Then there is the second kid. He isn't well built nor strong. yet, even after he gets beat up by large forces he cannot handle, he crawls up. Who is more apt at taking a beating? First kid or second kid. I would say second kid.it's like this, steve rogers (before the experiment) can handle a beating much better than bucky barnes.

Tim just wasn't not ready.
    Double negative!!

You are accusing damian of being unfocused and undiscplined? Get outta here with that. That kid is ambitious and narrow minded on his goal.Damian is supposed to be ninja, sneak attacks are fair. Tim just wasn't not ready.
    Ambition and narrow mindedness are not the same thing as focus and discipline. Damian's immaturity has frequently been highlighted since his debut. You're looking at his upbringing and not his actions. Narrow mindedness is in fact a sign of a lack of discipline. And let me remind you Damian's training has yet to be complete.

Batman's durability was never in question. It was about how much beating a guy can take and still move forward. Dude! Him being durable is a given with all the armour, he has on him. Jason doesn't have that kind tech. His tech are low grade and he has a couple of magic swords. He can't run through bazooka or get his body frozen and make it back like nothing .

See, there are two kids. One kid is well built and very strong, he gets hit with large forces he can handle and he hits back. Then there is the second kid. He isn't well built nor strong. yet, even after he gets beat up by large forces he cannot handle, he crawls up. Who is more apt at taking a beating? First kid or second kid. I would say second kid.it's like this, steve rogers (before the experiment) can handle a beating much better than bucky barnes.
    You do realize Jason doesn't go into the field with a paper bag over his body, right? The guy wears armor too. Armor that has withstood bullets, bazookas and nukes going off under water.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 03-31-2020 at 12:37 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Oh man...Tim Drake and his father in The Robin title, i don't remember the exact issue or TPB name... Tim's father learned that Tim was Robin... that angered him to no end and he went to the Bat Cave just like that, no showing of how did he find the endtrance in the mennor or anything, he's just in bat cave and he started rebuke Batman. How he dangered his son's life and stuff... it was so stupid... i was so angered, what the **** was this, this is war on crime, not a club house of children who would get scolded by fathers and adult figures... idiot DC... i hate Identity Crisis but i was dancing with joy whem i first read it 15 years ago or something 'cause captain bommerang killed tim's father... lol I'm a more level headed adult now, but i still hate Tim and his Father and the **** that they brought in to Batman which pissed me off to no end back in the day.
    Well I wish the author had further trolled bruce by having Jack winning the fight between Jack Drake and Bruce Wayne which he had teased and given him such a beating that ( in the same way that eel(plastic man) made emo psycho loser bruce his bitch) that he would have been in the hospital sucking meals through straws lamenting the day when he crossed the tough wise man that is Jack Drake. It would have made him think twice about dishing the same treatment to Jason at least.

Final Crisis made me deeply dislike Superboy Prime.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hatut Zeraze View Post
    Final Crisis made me deeply dislike Superboy Prime.
    Me too, though I think that was the point of that storyline.

Doomsday Clock made me hate the concept of Superman. Nothing necessarily wrong with the character in the story itself, but just how tone-deaf and flaccid the story turned out to be - all in deference to the very concept of the character Superman.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."