Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Amazing Member

Default How Do You Keep Track of X-Men Comics?

I'm pretty sure there is well over 5000 issues of comics that prominently feature mutants. How do you keep track of what you've collected, what you've liked, or hated, and what you have yet to read?
    Do you have a notepad or use a spreadsheet? Just label your boxes? I really am curious.

Due to Covid-19, I've been temporarily laid off. Figured now would be a good time to go back and do an essential read-through of the line (I'm thinking between 1000-2000 issues) I've read a lot, but also large gaps that I have missed. And since I'm taking this deep dive, figured I should keep track of it all.

Thankfully there are a handful of really good reading guides online. I'm pulling heavy from that, and then throwing it into a spreadsheet so that I can easily see at a glance what I've read, and what I think about it.

This is the spreadsheet I've made. Have any of you done something similar? Any suggestions?
    I've given myself five ratings to use. Bad, Okay, Good, Fire, G.O.A.T. I've also kept track of story arcs and included first appearances and deaths. Also breaking up each era.
    I'll be scrolling for days once this is complete. Which is exciting. Assuming I stick with it.

EDIT: Not sure why the photo looks like ass, but there is enough there, that you should get the idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mozzle; 03-26-2020 at 02:12 PM.