Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Escanor is Class 100 - change my mind

Escanor from Seven Deadly Sins is a legit Class 100.

Come at me bro. :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

He's in that ambiguous zone of being "Obviously higher than any Class 90 by some margin," but not into the zone of "Fucks with the whole planet and other big Class 100 stuff,"

The class system isn't perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    He's in that ambiguous zone of being "Obviously higher than any Class 90 by some margin," but not into the zone of "Fucks with the whole planet and other big Class 100 stuff,"

The class system isn't perfect.
    I've heard Wonder Man is the benchmark for Class 100 entry. I'm fairly confident Escanor is in the club based on that, even if low end.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I've heard Wonder Man is the benchmark for Class 100 entry. I'm fairly confident Escanor is in the club based on that, even if low end.
    I mean, I feel like Escanor at his peak is stronger than Wonder Man.

So, if that's the benchmark then he's in.

Well. Yeah. Agreed.

Wonder Man (outside of various temporary powered up eras) is the diet coke of class 100s though. Just one calorie, not enough class 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Wonder Man (outside of various temporary powered up eras) is the diet coke of class 100s though. Just one calorie, not enough class 100.
    Does his baseline self get into the "class 100 only" dance parties though? Is he I.D. valid?
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 03-26-2020 at 08:12 PM.
    - big_adventure

My point being of course, if he DID in fact graduate from Class 100 school, even with C- marks, then Escanor should also scrape by with his C+ level.
    - big_adventure

My point being of course, if he DID in fact graduate from Class 100 school, even with C- marks, then Escanor should also scrape by with his C+ level.
    Simon definitely has an invitation to the Class 100 Prom, but he doesn’t have a date and he sits at the back of the hall with Namor, sullenly pretending they didn’t want to dance with The Hulk anyway.

So on that basis, Escanor is presumably also there, hanging out by the punch bowl trying to start a conversation with anyone who comes by but basically being completely ignored.

I may have got carried away with this metaphor.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Simon definitely has an invitation to the Class 100 Prom, but he doesn’t have a date and he sits at the back of the hall with Namor, sullenly pretending they didn’t want to dance with The Hulk anyway.

So on that basis, Escanor is presumably also there, hanging out by the punch bowl trying to start a conversation with anyone who comes by but basically being completely ignored.

No, please continue! I'm invested. I need to know who is crowned Prom King & Queen!!
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

Classic Juggernaut couldn't get a date either, but instead of being sullen alone he's dancing his heart out by himself, and though people think he's a bit odd for the class, they respect him.

No, please continue! I'm invested. I need to know who is crowned Prom King & Queen!!
    Sentry is the Prom Queen. After all, he is the prettiest. [/OldBoardCaptainEnglandMeme]

The Prom King is Thanos, and he enjoys taking his place on his Prom Throne, to which he has added sundry unapproved modifications. In years to come he will evolve the Prom Throne concept, giving it rotary-wing VTOL capabilities, and calling it his Prom Copter.

The Prom King was always expected to be Darkseid but then he was embarrassed publicly and kind of went of the rails a bit, like a high-powered Biff Tannen. After leaving school he’ll end up under-achieving, working as assistant manager in a hardware store, before losing his home in a poker game, and winding up an alcoholic, sleeping on Mary Marvel’s couch. Mary meets up once a month for coffee and a catch-up with Supergirl and Donna Troy, and she tells them that he looked so desperate she said he could stay for a few days until he sorted himself out, but he just never left and now she can’t get rid of him.

Back at the prom, Thor and Wonder Woman are making out against the lockers, but the Hall Anti-Monitor shoos them away back into the main hall.

The Skyfather Faculty are all gathered together. For some reason not a single person can recall what Odin actually teaches, but they know he’s important, and they’re sure they used to know.

Zuras has lost his faculties completely and is sitting on the floor in a corner drinking methylated spirits from a plastic bottle wrapped in a brown paper bag. Hercules is sitting with him, slapping him on the back, laughing at his ramblings and generally just trying to get hold of the alcohol - he’s happy to run the risk of blindness, just to get utterly loaded tonight.

There’s a photo on the wall from a previous graduating class of PC Supes, just above an NCAA Lacrosse Championship trophy in a glass case, and next to it there’s a newspaper report entitled ‘Local School Lacrosse Hero Dies in Tragic Gardening Accident’. His younger brother, who wasn’t born until after his brother was killed, looks up at it and wipes away an angry tear. He doesn’t cry for his brother, but because his parents never got over the death, and even gave him the same name, although he never quite matched his sibling’s sporting achievements. Hercules sees him standing there, miserable, and offers him a glug of Zuras’ paint-thinner.

Man, I really want someone to write The Kids of Class 100 High.
    Last edited by Beadle; 03-27-2020 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Grammar OCD and clarity.

Sentry is the Prom Queen. After all, he is the prettiest. [/OldBoardCaptainEnglandMeme]

The Prom King is Thanos, and he enjoys taking his place on his Prom Throne, to which he has added sundry unapproved modifications. In years to come he will evolve the Prom Throne concept, giving it rotary-wing VTOL capabilities, and calling it his Prom Copter.

The Prom King was always expected to be Darkseid but then he was embarrassed publicly and kind of went of the rails a bit, like a high-powered Biff Tannen. After leaving school he’ll end up under-achieving, working as assistant manager in a hardware store, before losing his home in a poker game, and winding up an alcoholic, sleeping on Mary Marvel’s couch. Mary meets up once a month for coffee and a catch-up with Supergirl and Donna Troy, and she tells them that he looked so desperate she said he could stay for a few days until he sorted himself out, but he just never left and now she can’t get rid of him.

Back at the prom, Thor and Wonder Woman are making out against the lockers, but the Hall Anti-Monitor shoos them away back into the main hall.

The Skyfather Faculty are all gathered together. For some reason not a single person can recall what Odin actually teaches, but they know he’s important, and they’re sure they used to know.

Zuras has lost his faculties completely and is sitting on the floor in a corner drinking methylated spirits from a plastic bottle wrapped in a brown paper bag. Hercules is sitting with him, slapping him on the back, laughing at his ramblings and generally just trying to get hold of the alcohol - he’s happy to run the risk of blindness, just to get utterly loaded tonight.

There’s a photo on the wall from a previous graduating class of PC Supes, just above an NCAA Lacrosse Championship trophy in a glass case, and next to it there’s a newspaper report entitled ‘Local School Lacrosse Hero Dies in Tragic Gardening Accident’. His younger brother, who wasn’t born until after his brother was killed, looks up at it and wipes away an angry tear. He doesn’t cry for his brother, but because his parents never got over the death, and even gave him the same name, although he never quite matched his sibling’s sporting achievements. Hercules sees him standing there, miserable, and offers him a glug of Zuras’ paint-thinner.

Man, I really want someone to write The Kids of Class 100 High.
    *cues, Photograph, by Nickelback*
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

I am so damn happy I made this thread haha

Beadle, you've outdone yourself. =)
    - big_adventure

Kinda disappointed nobody really challenged me tho. I had a whole PowerPoint argument ready to go. :P
    - big_adventure