View Poll Results: Who is your favorite black DC character?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Lightning

11 12.09%
  • Nubia

2 2.20%
  • Mr. Terrific

11 12.09%
  • Aqualad (Jackson Hyde/Kaldur'ahm)

7 7.69%
  • The Signal (Duke Thomas)

2 2.20%
  • Kid Flash (Wallace West)

1 1.10%
  • Static

11 12.09%
  • Naomi McDuffie

1 1.10%
  • Amanda Waller

6 6.59%
  • Steel (I & II)

6 6.59%
  • Black Manta

5 5.49%
  • Bronze Tiger

6 6.59%
  • Icon & Rocket

1 1.10%
  • Bumblebee

5 5.49%
  • Other

16 17.58%
Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Ben Turner will be in Batman: Soul of the Dragon.
    Can't believe I'm excited for a Batman movie! I wonder if he's gonna become Bronze Tiger at the end or somewhere during this film.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Can't believe I'm excited for a Batman movie! I wonder if he's gonna become Bronze Tiger at the end or somewhere during this film.
    I'm sure he's already Bronze Tiger.

20201122_041647.jpg
    20201122_041710.jpg

~~~~

Just wanted to screencap the black characters in the promotional image of Future State, I am hoping they continue to get focus (e.g. John) or stick around past that 2 month mark (e.g. that new flash)

Extraordinary Member

So I guess Next Batman is probably Timothy and not Luke?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So I guess Next Batman is probably Timothy and not Luke?
    I keep seeing people say this more lately, why tho? I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that besides Tim existing.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I keep seeing people say this more lately, why tho? I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that besides Tim existing.
    All the references to Tim coming back to prominence around the time promotion for Future State started + the identity of Future State Batman not being clearly revealed + Luke being in a separate Future State story with Grifter and not referred to as Batman is why people are assuming it's Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    All the references to Tim coming back to prominence around the time promotion for Future State started + the identity of Future State Batman not being clearly revealed + Luke being in a separate Future State story with Grifter and not referred to as Batman is why people are assuming it's Tim.
    I guess I can see the logic but in not sure Luke appearing in the grifter really points to Tin being Batman. in fact I interpreted the opposite and figured it was just him working out of costume considering we've seen one of the covers has Next Batman alongside Grifter too.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

I guess I can see the logic but in not sure Luke appearing in the grifter really points to Tin being Batman. in fact I interpreted the opposite and figured it was just him working out of costume considering we've seen one of the covers has Next Batman alongside Grifter too.
    Maybe so. I just think Tim appearing out of nowhere again as we're leading into Future State Batman and the fact that they haven't outright confirmed who it is when everyone thought it was Luke is somewhat notable.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe so. I just think Tim appearing out of nowhere again as we're leading into Future State Batman and the fact that they haven't outright confirmed who it is when everyone thought it was Luke is somewhat notable.
    It’s not like Timothy is a stranger to wearing mask costumes. He was once the Vulture in the new Terrible Trio.

If next Batman is Timothy, I think the appeal to the writer is writing a character who once was a bad guy.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I remember reading someone bought a first appearance of Luke Fox back when it was rumored he was taking over and it cost them a thousand. Now I'm laughing really hard at the prospect of the next Batman being Tim Fox. Anything to make those speculators suffer is fine by me.

Admittedly, I have no idea who or what Tim's about other than he's another Fox. Does he have much of a character or is he a blank slate that John Ridley can mold as needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I remember reading someone bought a first appearance of Luke Fox back when it was rumored he was taking over and it cost them a thousand. Now I'm laughing really hard at the prospect of the next Batman being Tim Fox. Anything to make those speculators suffer is fine by me.

Admittedly, I have no idea who or what Tim's about other than he's another Fox. Does he have much of a character or is he a blank slate that John Ridley can mold as needed?
    From what I know his biggest contribution to DC history was he had a major falling out with Lucius over him being a "Wayne sell-out" or something to that effect. he wasn't really good or bad just a misunderstood somewhat ignorant kid, and he hasn't been around in decades, so he's like a SUPER blank slate essentially; they could make him a hero, a villain, whatever they need.

currently following:

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

From what I know his biggest contribution to DC history was he had a major falling out with Lucius over him being a "Wayne sell-out" or something to that effect. he wasn't really good or bad just a misunderstood somewhat ignorant kid, and he hasn't been around in decades, so he's like a SUPER blank slate essentially; they could make him a hero, a villain, whatever they need.
    Thanks for the quick response. I imagine that's the main reason to take him over Luke who has been established already.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

I can top that.

I could have gotten Tim and his sister's first appearance and 6 more issues of Batman for $40.

Or Tim's first appearance for about $8.

The DAY it was announced he was coming back.

Both auctions ENDED and then came back.

Tim's 1st appearance at MINIMUM will cost you $50. Highest so far $125-a BAD 5.5 copy.

Don't get me started on Bloodshot's first appearance. 2 years ago I got that issue mintish in a buy one get one free or 25 cents at a con.

Extraordinary Member

So Tam is the token sane sibling. For not putting on an animal costume and being a vigilante.