View Poll Results: Who is your favorite black DC character?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Lightning

    10 12.05%
  • Nubia

    0 0%
  • Mr. Terrific

    11 13.25%
  • Aqualad (Jackson Hyde/Kaldur'ahm)

    7 8.43%
  • The Signal (Duke Thomas)

    2 2.41%
  • Kid Flash (Wallace West)

    1 1.20%
  • Static

    10 12.05%
  • Naomi McDuffie

    1 1.20%
  • Amanda Waller

    6 7.23%
  • Steel (I & II)

    6 7.23%
  • Black Manta

    4 4.82%
  • Bronze Tiger

    5 6.02%
  • Icon & Rocket

    1 1.20%
  • Bumblebee

    4 4.82%
  • Other

    15 18.07%
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 385
  1. #271
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn's WiFi
    Posts
    3,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    So weird to have a bird on her crotch. Her last design was better, it just needed to be used more.
    I liked her rebirth design ngl but I kinda dig this design a lot; it's the bird on the crotch that's giving me trouble tho. I would like to think it's meant to be more at the waist/ lower belly area like a belt but they flubbed it and it ended up at the crotch. if they could break it up, move it, or straight up remove it, I would be 100% into this design.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas' fandom wikia

    I support militant Professor X

    Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Tokyo Revengers, GoH, Black Clover
    DC: Suicide Squad, Aquaman, Far Sector, Red Hood/Outlaws
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Dawn of X, Venom
    Anticipated titles: Other History of the DC, The Next Batman, Robin King, Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal, Future State: Green Lantern, Future State: Aquaman.

    "power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

  2. #272
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn's WiFi
    Posts
    3,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    quick little Blerd & Boujee report


    Ron Marz will be writing for Endless Winter and says John Stewart will be playing a significant role in the event as the Green Lantern for that story. He also hints that there may be plans for John in the future since apparently this will be setting up John's direction going forward. I'm hoping that means a solo for John is in the works. [article]



    the follow up for that announcement Snyder had about Duke's upcoming story; Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal. Looks like we'll be seeing Duke as The Last Moniter assembling the Final Justice League in an attempt to save the Multiverse. The story's by Scott Snyder, Collin Kelly, and Jackson Lanzing, with Karl Mostert on art. we even got a little bit of hype from one of the writers



    we got an incoming Vixen from Geoffrey Thorne and artist Chris Crosser. I wanted to include the tweet but his announcement was pretty quickly taken down but we still have the image of Vixen's new look drawn and redesigned by Crosser. No word what the story may be about. we'll probably learn more when they announce it properly.
    Popularity Poll roundup

    • Mr. Terrific and Black Lightning are still tied with 13.70% of the votes; Black Lightning broke away for a bit but they remain neck and neck.
    • Static holds onto 2nd place with 9.59%
    • in 3rd place, Aqualad has moved up tie with Amanda Waller with 8.22%
    • The Steels (I&II) hold onto 4th place with 6.84%
    • in 5th place we have Bumblebee joining Bronze Tiger, tying with 3.33% each
    • in 6th place we have Duke (my boy made out the slums!) and Black Manta with 2.74% each
    • in 7th place, Icon & Rocket tie with Wallace West again with 1.37% each
    • 8th and final place go to Naomi and Nubia with 0% but they are still loved. let's get them out the slums by the end of the year guys! they're great characters


    and as always, Other got the majority of the votes with 20.55%. I'm probably gonna remove the Other option on the poll in next year's volume and just count the write-in votes manually or something
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-23-2020 at 09:48 AM.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas' fandom wikia

    I support militant Professor X

    Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Tokyo Revengers, GoH, Black Clover
    DC: Suicide Squad, Aquaman, Far Sector, Red Hood/Outlaws
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Dawn of X, Venom
    Anticipated titles: Other History of the DC, The Next Batman, Robin King, Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal, Future State: Green Lantern, Future State: Aquaman.

    "power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

  3. #273
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Popularity Poll roundup

    • Mr. Terrific and Black Lightning are still tied with 13.70% of the votes; Black Lightning broke away for a bit but they remain neck and neck.
    • Static holds onto 2nd place with 9.59%
    • in 3rd place, Aqualad has moved up tie with Amanda Waller with 8.22%
    • The Steels (I&II) hold onto 4th place with 6.84%
    • in 5th place we have Bumblebee joining Bronze Tiger, tying with 3.33% each
    • in 6th place we have Duke (my boy made out the slums!) and Black Manta with 2.74% each
    • in 7th place, Icon & Rocket tie with Wallace West again with 1.37% each
    • 8th and final place go to Naomi and Nubia with 0% but they are still loved. let's get them out the slums by the end of the year guys! they're great characters


    and as always, Other got the majority of the votes with 20.55%. I'm probably gonna remove the Other option on the poll in next year's volume and just count the write-in votes manually or something
    I don't think run-off voting is really an indicator of die-hard interest. It's just a form of Xanatos Gambit.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 09-23-2020 at 11:18 AM.

  4. #274
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn's WiFi
    Posts
    3,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I don't think run-off voting is really an indicator of die-hard interest. It's just a form of Xanatos Gambit.
    I'm only changing it because there seems to be a lot of people who got confused about hall of fame characters like John Stewart and Vixen who are intentionally left off the poll. a lot of the Other votes were for them because people just thought I forgot to include them.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas' fandom wikia

    I support militant Professor X

    Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Tokyo Revengers, GoH, Black Clover
    DC: Suicide Squad, Aquaman, Far Sector, Red Hood/Outlaws
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Dawn of X, Venom
    Anticipated titles: Other History of the DC, The Next Batman, Robin King, Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal, Future State: Green Lantern, Future State: Aquaman.

    "power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

  5. #275
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,504

    Default

    My comics friend suggested should Biden/Harris win, DC should take note of that. And create a Black/Indian-American Superwoman.

    Sort of a counterpart to Val Zod/CalvinEllis/MilesMorales when Obama was elected.

    And as a new counterpoint to Marvelís Kamala Khan.


    I was like, um....I donít know.

    What do you guys think?

  6. #276
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn's WiFi
    Posts
    3,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    My comics friend suggested should Biden/Harris win, DC should take note of that. And create a Black/Indian-American Superwoman.

    Sort of a counterpart to Val Zod/CalvinEllis/MilesMorales when Obama was elected.

    And as a new counterpoint to Marvel’s Kamala Khan.


    I was like, um....I don’t know.

    What do you guys think?
    I'd be all for it, we could always use more south asian character and black + indian mix isn't a common mix in comics as far as I know. I wouldn't mind it so long as the character is treated with respect. people love to complain about "pandering" but I don't care if you pander so long as it's a good concept; speak directly to me DC, I don't give a fuck
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas' fandom wikia

    I support militant Professor X

    Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Tokyo Revengers, GoH, Black Clover
    DC: Suicide Squad, Aquaman, Far Sector, Red Hood/Outlaws
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Dawn of X, Venom
    Anticipated titles: Other History of the DC, The Next Batman, Robin King, Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal, Future State: Green Lantern, Future State: Aquaman.

    "power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

  7. #277
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm only changing it because there seems to be a lot of people who got confused about hall of fame characters like John Stewart and Vixen who are intentionally left off the poll. a lot of the Other votes were for them because people just thought I forgot to include them.
    Or they might just not be interested in the remaining characters. What's the point of a run-off besides telling you who people would choose if they can't have what they really want? Like I mentioned before, it just seems like a Xanatos Gambit, but I'm not seeing the point of the end result. Is there a reason we want to know everyone's second or third favorite character? I don't think polling and putting one character over another is even necessary for a celebration of Africana where we should be promoting all of these characters.

  8. #278
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn's WiFi
    Posts
    3,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Or they might just not be interested in the remaining characters. What's the point of a run-off besides telling you who people would choose if they can't have what they really want? Like I mentioned before, it just seems like a Xanatos Gambit, but I'm not seeing the point of the end result. Is there a reason we want to know everyone's second or third favorite character? I don't think polling and putting one character over another is even necessary for a celebration of Africana where we should be promoting all of these characters.
    you are aware I monitor this thread regularly, right? if you look at the earlier pages, people straight up said they voted other as a vote for Vixen or John, and given how close the vote is between other and the top picks, it's likely not a significant lose to avoid the same confusion. even if you look at the previous poll, the other option was never THIS prominent in the votes because DC doesn't have so many visible heroes of color that there is a huge swift of fans advocating for some obscure black character that I missed. even between this poll and the last there are less votes and activity overall, which means people just as easily simply don't vote if they don't know more than the 2 token minorities DC like to exploit when they need a splash of color. the point of this thread is to spotlight all the black characters, not just the same 1 or 2 someone can name just because they don't think about or know any other black character. I love Vixen but the main reason she gets so many votes is because of the strength of her concept and that she's the first black female hero most people can name, because it's definitely not how well DC's treated her or how many acclaim runs she has. it's a more honest look at how people actually feel about these character and if they don't have more than one favorite character of color then that's tuff but I rather force people to actually think about these characters and why they like them rather than tick a easy box. which is why based off this poll and the last poll, if there is a character that people want to write in it would be easier to count them myself rather than wasting a slot on the Other option and causing confusion. if that don't jive with that then that's unfortunate man but it is what it is.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas' fandom wikia

    I support militant Professor X

    Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Tokyo Revengers, GoH, Black Clover
    DC: Suicide Squad, Aquaman, Far Sector, Red Hood/Outlaws
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Dawn of X, Venom
    Anticipated titles: Other History of the DC, The Next Batman, Robin King, Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal, Future State: Green Lantern, Future State: Aquaman.

    "power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

  9. #279
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    you are aware I monitor this thread regularly, right? if you look at the earlier pages, people straight up said they voted other as a vote for Vixen or John, and given how close the vote is between other and the top picks, it's likely not a significant lose to avoid the same confusion. even if you look at the previous poll, the other option was never THIS prominent in the votes because DC doesn't have so many visible heroes of color that there is a huge swift of fans advocating for some obscure black character that I missed. even between this poll and the last there are less votes and activity overall, which means people just as easily simply don't vote if they don't know more than the 2 token minorities DC like to exploit when they need a splash of color. the point of this thread is to spotlight all the black characters, not just the same 1 or 2 someone can name just because they don't think about or know any other black character. I love Vixen but the main reason she gets so many votes is because of the strength of her concept and that she's the first black female hero most people can name, because it's definitely not how well DC's treated her or how many acclaim runs she has. it's a more honest look at how people actually feel about these character and if they don't have more than one favorite character of color then that's tuff but I rather force people to actually think about these characters and why they like them rather than tick a easy box. which is why based off this poll and the last poll, if there is a character that people want to write in it would be easier to count them myself rather than wasting a slot on the Other option and causing confusion. if that don't jive with that then that's unfortunate man but it is what it is.
    What is the point of polling the remaining black characters and stacking them one over another if the point of this thread is to celebrate and spotlight obscure black characters, highlighting the qualities that make them great as characters? Aren't you instead further highlighting how unpopular an obscure character is if they don't show up on a poll or pick up a significant number of votes? You don't need to tear down some of the characters to show favoritism to others through polling. Who cares what everyone's back up or 4th choice is? And why does this have to be about tough choices for some? Any character can be someone's favorite or have story potential. Really, I want to know how this advances the mission of this thread.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 09-23-2020 at 02:28 PM.

  10. #280
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn's WiFi
    Posts
    3,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    What is the point of polling the remaining black characters and stacking them one over another if the point of this thread is to celebrate and spotlight obscure black characters? Aren't you further highlighting how unpopular an obscure character is if they don't show up on a poll or pick up a significant number of votes? You don't need to tear down some of the characters to show favoritism to others through polling. Who cares what everyone's back up or 4th choice is? Any character can be someone's favorite or have story potential. Really, I want to know how this advances the mission of this thread.
    hey man I don't care to go back and forth with you on this, if I keep it, if i don't it won't matter if you don't vote my guy. it's a fan made poll about fictional black characters, don't stress yourself over it if you don't get it.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas' fandom wikia

    I support militant Professor X

    Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Tokyo Revengers, GoH, Black Clover
    DC: Suicide Squad, Aquaman, Far Sector, Red Hood/Outlaws
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Dawn of X, Venom
    Anticipated titles: Other History of the DC, The Next Batman, Robin King, Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal, Future State: Green Lantern, Future State: Aquaman.

    "power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

  11. #281
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    hey man I don't care to go back and forth with you on this, if I keep it, if i don't it won't matter if you don't vote my guy. it's a fan made poll about fictional black characters, don't stress yourself over it if you don't get it.
    I'm not stressed over missing logic--just wanted to confirm there was no logic there. You're obviously free to do whatever you want.

    --

    Wildstorm's Black Halo for those who are unfamiliar:



    I think we forget that Wildstorm's Black heroes were also ported over.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 09-23-2020 at 02:41 PM.

  12. #282

    Default

    More like most of us just don't care about Wildstorm heroes, period, regardless of their race.

  13. #283
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    270

    Default

    I think we forget that Wildstorm's Black heroes were also ported over.
    Doesn't guarantee that all of them were or even exist in the New 52 timeline/universe. And more especially now given that things are as how they were Pre-Flashpoint.

  14. #284
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    525

    Default

    You know even with DC making some headway with its Black characters I still don't get the sense that they truly have groundbreaking characters. Black Lightning is the only character I feel like that can compete with the pillar character in terms of character and powers and even then it feels like he's underpowered compared to them. Maybe that's what little i have read, but I never get the feeling that when something big is happening and a big bad needs to be taken down, the Justice League will call on (Insert Black Character here) to make a difference.

    It's one of the reason why I hope Milestones comeback can really showcase the strengths and bonds with allies amongst it's black and other PoC characters.

    On an unrelated note, shutout to the Power Company for being a diverse book with some good stories, but no one giving a crap about it. Bought a couple of those books and it was really nice. Kind of like DC's fantastic four before The Terrifics.

  15. #285
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    DC seems to realize what the people in this thread did, as seen by some of their recent promotional materials.

    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Trinity-Status







    Hope to see all of the Milestone characters and other DC heroes on this thread live up to their potential. Kind of tired of rights issues getting in the way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •