View Poll Results: Who is your favorite black DC character?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Lightning

    11 12.09%
  • Nubia

    2 2.20%
  • Mr. Terrific

    11 12.09%
  • Aqualad (Jackson Hyde/Kaldur'ahm)

    7 7.69%
  • The Signal (Duke Thomas)

    2 2.20%
  • Kid Flash (Wallace West)

    1 1.10%
  • Static

    11 12.09%
  • Naomi McDuffie

    1 1.10%
  • Amanda Waller

    6 6.59%
  • Steel (I & II)

    6 6.59%
  • Black Manta

    5 5.49%
  • Bronze Tiger

    6 6.59%
  • Icon & Rocket

    1 1.10%
  • Bumblebee

    5 5.49%
  • Other

    16 17.58%
Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 603
  1. #481
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn's WiFi
    Posts
    3,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    What is Jog like as a character? And any pictures? (Generally, I don't typically follow Suicide Squad. The last time I even glanced its direction was when Daniel West/Reverse Flash was a part of it. Then he died, so...)
    he's a pretty nonchalant guy when we first meet everyone, he can only run in short bursts and he has a potbelly; so a pretty shitty speedster is what we're supposed to get from him. he becomes more assertive and active over time and dies a hero's death deactivating or removing (I forget) the bombs for everyone else but he couldn't get his in time. Tom Taylor's Suicide Squad is honestly the best suicide run in a LONG time (and I actually am a fan of some of their other incarnations), definitely was a stealth book for the revolutionaries but it worked great as a Suicide Squad team regardless. it's short, effective, and to the point.



    the black Lightning is new, they were white/light blue before he died.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas' fandom wikia and Dark Multiverse: METAL was great
    I support militant Professor X
    Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Tokyo Revengers, Jujutsu Kaisen, GoH, Black Clover
    DC: Far Sector, Other History of the DC
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, X-books, Venom, Shang-Chi
    Anticipated titles: The Next Batman, Future State: Green Lantern, FS: Aquaman, FS: Wonder Woman, Immortal Wonder Woman
    "power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

  2. #482
    Incredible Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    932

    Default

    How old is Jo from Far Sector supposed to be?
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

  3. #483
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn's WiFi
    Posts
    3,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    How old is Jo from Far Sector supposed to be?
    Superhero age, so probably mid-20s realistically but they'll probably come out later and say she's late teens maybe early 20s. I've been rocking with early-mid 20s because that would put her around Jess and Simon's age (firmly mid-20s in my mind) but just ever so lightly younger like John is to Hal and Guy.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas' fandom wikia and Dark Multiverse: METAL was great
    I support militant Professor X
    Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Tokyo Revengers, Jujutsu Kaisen, GoH, Black Clover
    DC: Far Sector, Other History of the DC
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, X-books, Venom, Shang-Chi
    Anticipated titles: The Next Batman, Future State: Green Lantern, FS: Aquaman, FS: Wonder Woman, Immortal Wonder Woman
    "power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

  4. #484
    Incredible Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Superhero age, so probably mid-20s realistically but they'll probably come out later and say she's late teens maybe early 20s. I've been rocking with early-mid 20s because that would put her around Jess and Simon's age (firmly mid-20s in my mind) but just ever so lightly younger like John is to Hal and Guy.
    I can see late teens since they put her in the Future State JL, but the way she's written I thought she was in her 30s.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

  5. #485
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,375

    Default

    Wasn't she in the police force on Earth? So she has to be at least in her 20's.

  6. #486
    Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    How old is Jo from Far Sector supposed to be?
    I was questioning this too. Future State: Justice League takes place after Future State: Green Lantern and John is already an older man when his book starts. I thought they were close in age. She looks really young in Justice League.

  7. #487
    Incredible Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I was questioning this too. Future State: Justice League takes place after Future State: Green Lantern and John is already an older man when his book starts. I thought they were close in age. She looks really young in Justice League.
    This is what has me confused. She looks like she's supposed to be around the same age as everyone on her JL team.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't she in the police force on Earth? So she has to be at least in her 20's.
    Her future state costume is nearly identical to her Far Sector one. Let me just hope Far Sector is set in the future and I missed it somewhere...
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

  8. #488
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    he's a pretty nonchalant guy when we first meet everyone, he can only run in short bursts and he has a potbelly; so a pretty shitty speedster is what we're supposed to get from him. he becomes more assertive and active over time and dies a hero's death deactivating or removing (I forget) the bombs for everyone else but he couldn't get his in time. Tom Taylor's Suicide Squad is honestly the best suicide run in a LONG time (and I actually am a fan of some of their other incarnations), definitely was a stealth book for the revolutionaries but it worked great as a Suicide Squad team regardless. it's short, effective, and to the point.



    the black Lightning is new, they were white/light blue before he died.
    ...Man that’s such a downgrade from his Darkseid War look:

  9. #489
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    ...Man that’s such a downgrade from his Darkseid War look:
    It's hard to top Fabok.

  10. #490
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn's WiFi
    Posts
    3,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    ...Man that’s such a downgrade from his Darkseid War look:
    iunno, the Darkseid War version feels a little too space robot for me. I mean it's undeniably cool but if he's gonna be a character then I prefer the more colorful look.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas' fandom wikia and Dark Multiverse: METAL was great
    I support militant Professor X
    Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Tokyo Revengers, Jujutsu Kaisen, GoH, Black Clover
    DC: Far Sector, Other History of the DC
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, X-books, Venom, Shang-Chi
    Anticipated titles: The Next Batman, Future State: Green Lantern, FS: Aquaman, FS: Wonder Woman, Immortal Wonder Woman
    "power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

  11. #491
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    iunno, the Darkseid War version feels a little too space robot for me. I mean it's undeniably cool but if he's gonna be a character then I prefer the more colorful look.
    Fair enough. That version from SS though just doesn’t look very impressive to me. Looks like someone doing cheap cosplay with a helmet that doesn’t match color wise with the rest of the outfit.

  12. #492
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Fair enough. That version from SS though just doesn’t look very impressive to me. Looks like someone doing cheap cosplay with a helmet that doesn’t match color wise with the rest of the outfit.
    That whole sequence just looks weird to me. I don't know if it's the two different dialogue styles or Taylor being flippant with a Fourth World character, but it just reads weird.

  13. #493
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That whole sequence just looks weird to me. I don't know if it's the two different dialogue styles or Taylor being flippant with a Fourth World character, but it just reads weird.
    Had a whole rant ready to go but I deleted it. Suffice it to say that I do not think Taylor can write the New Gods well.

  14. #494
    Astonishing Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    4,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't she in the police force on Earth? So she has to be at least in her 20's.
    Police and military. I know DC likes to trend younger on their heroes when they can but I still expect she's somewhere late 20s.

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    iunno, the Darkseid War version feels a little too space robot for me. I mean it's undeniably cool but if he's gonna be a character then I prefer the more colorful look.
    I'm with you, actually. The Darkseid War look is just "discount Brainiac on skis" It's drawn very well, but the design is uninspired. Brainiac, Grid, and pretty much every robot you can think of. The other look has more personality even if it's not my favorite.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Had a whole rant ready to go but I deleted it. Suffice it to say that I do not think Taylor can write the New Gods well.
    Hot take but he's kind of not great at most characters. He just gets his own universes so shit gets to actually happen as opposed to needing to tread the status quo line and fool you into thinking big stuff is happening with super solid characterization. It distracts you from how comically bad his Diana is or how much he stans Harley Quinn.

    He does have his great moments, I'll give him those, but for every "Superman saying goodbye to Jon" you get "Diana with a Kryptonite Sword getting one-punched because lulz she sucks" or "Lex casually and vulnerably admitting Batman is smarter than him" a few times in my experience. I dunno, he's been overrated in my readings, but he is such a nice dude from all accounts that I can't help but hope he writes something I too can enjoy.
    Last edited by Robanker; 11-24-2020 at 09:56 PM.

  15. #495
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Had a whole rant ready to go but I deleted it. Suffice it to say that I do not think Taylor can write the New Gods well.
    Well, he can write Mr. Miracle and Barda well enough but they're kind of the "normal" ones of the New Gods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Police and military. I know DC likes to trend younger on their heroes when they can but I still expect she's somewhere late 20s.
    Huh, that's interesting. She shares Guy and John's background to some degree.
    I'm with you, actually. The Darkseid War look is just "discount Brainiac on skis" It's drawn very well, but the design is uninspired. Brainiac, Grid, and pretty much every robot you can think of. The other look has more personality even if it's not my favorite.
    Now that you mention it, I can kind of see Convergence Brainiac.

    It still looks utterly terrifying in that page to me, though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •