Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
this could've been perfect had they had him in Freeland or even Brick City. I've grown to really hate the idea of Jeff being in Metropolis, I feel like it doesn't do anything good for either character. It puts Jefferson in Sups' shadow (and he already has enough issue fighting off being in Batman's shadow as is) and it feels weird that Superman learns that there is a section of his city that's impoverished and he would just leaves it to someone else. I'm not the biggest fan of Superman but that doesn't seem like something he'd have let get to that point, especially considering how often he sweeps through Metropolis and other cities around the world and back, it just looks like "leave it to the black hero because that's where the poor black people are" which just doesn't work for as a critique of Superman's social oversight in the same way that it would for say Batman and The Hill or something.
Superman has been shown to be out of his depth in certain areas and agreed to leave things to other people who best know what they are doing. If Jefferson is doing a good job in Suicide Slums without Superman's help, he would see no reason to get involved. It's no different than other superheroes leaving Gotham in Batman's hands.