View Poll Results: Who is your favorite black DC character?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Lightning

11 12.09%
  • Nubia

2 2.20%
  • Mr. Terrific

11 12.09%
  • Aqualad (Jackson Hyde/Kaldur'ahm)

7 7.69%
  • The Signal (Duke Thomas)

2 2.20%
  • Kid Flash (Wallace West)

1 1.10%
  • Static

11 12.09%
  • Naomi McDuffie

1 1.10%
  • Amanda Waller

6 6.59%
  • Steel (I & II)

6 6.59%
  • Black Manta

5 5.49%
  • Bronze Tiger

6 6.59%
  • Icon & Rocket

1 1.10%
  • Bumblebee

5 5.49%
  • Other

16 17.58%
Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Is Skitter supposed to be Havana post-Flashpoint?
    Could be or Skitter older sister could be post fp Havana (which I’d prefer because that way we get to characters instead of one) they need to appear again..

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I'm happy they gave him his family back, the next thing they need to do is develop Lynn. As far the city goes at least it's an easy fix, they can easily move him to another city.
    Can’t agree more....

Incredible Member

Who would guys say are the black heavy hitters of the DCU? The one who can stick side by side with Superman, Wonder Woman, and Shazam? Bonus points for character that are not multiverse characters and are in the main universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Who would guys say are the black heavy hitters of the DCU? The one who can stick side by side with Superman, Wonder Woman, and Shazam? Bonus points for character that are not multiverse characters and are in the main universe.
    currently I'd say they'd be:

Black Lightning
    John Stewart
    Mr. Terrific
    Vixen
    Nubia

ones who should but aren't quite there

Amazing Man
    Cyborg
    Bumblebee
    Batwing (Luke Fox)

youngsters with legitimate league potential

Kid Flash (Wallace West)
    Naomi McDuffie
    Power Girl (Tanya Spears)
    Signal
    Aqualad
    Anissa Pierce (once young Anissa starts heroing she'll likely be in this tier)
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-02-2020 at 10:38 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Nubia, Black Lightning, Mr. Terrific*, Vixen, Nubia, John Stewart (obviously), Jason Rusch, John Henry Irons.

Icon when he's in-universe.

* He's at that level, but I infinitely prefer him as one of the leading voices of the younger generation of the JSA, leading the Terrifics or White King of Checkmate. I feel like he'd be relegated to Batman's intellectual sidekick on the JLA whereas he has shined on the other teams. But he's League quality to be sure.

I feel that inte the best things the Black Lightning show brought to the table was solid black villains/anti-heroes.

LaLa as Tattoo Man and their new take on Painkiller are such solid characters that, if DC ever gets their life together and give Black Lightning his ongoing, have to be rolled into the comics one day. and I haven't caught up yet but from what I've seen, Odell is a pretty solid antagonist as well.

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I feel that inte the best things the Black Lightning show brought to the table was solid black villains/anti-heroes.

LaLa as Tattoo Man and their new take on Painkiller are such solid characters that, if DC ever gets their life together and give Black Lightning his ongoing, have to be rolled into the comics one day. and I haven't caught up yet but from what I've seen, Odell is a pretty solid antagonist as well.

My only problem with Tatooed Man on the show is his powers are so limited on the show, probably because of budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My only problem with Tatooed Man on the show is his powers are so limited on the show, probably because of budget.
    true, but I think in concept his powers are pretty intriguing tho. I mean sure they are pretty basic, he heals and is super strong, but I think the resurrection and the way that the tattoos work are interesting distinctions to his powers that in the comic medium (where budget is no longer a significant factor) it could be played with in interesting ways. I like the idea of a gangster villain who is haunted by the souls of those he's killed and actually is torn up about it, he could be a compelling anti-villain un the comic in a similar vain to Deathstroke, Deadshot, or Red Hood (his original take, not the "anti"hero he's developed into).

currently following:

Ultimate Member

true, but I think in concept his powers are pretty intriguing tho. I mean sure they are pretty basic, he heals and is super strong, but I think the resurrection and the way that the tattoos work are interesting distinctions to his powers that in the comic medium (where budget is no longer a significant factor) it could be played with in interesting ways. I like the idea of a gangster villain who is haunted by the souls of those he's killed and actually is torn up about it, he could be a compelling anti-villain un the comic in a similar vain to Deathstroke, Deadshot, or Red Hood (his original take, not the "anti"hero he's developed into).
    He is also a villain with a family.

We just don't know where they are-the wife, daughter and depending on what universe-the son.

He would be the third villain with a kid-Black Spider & Black Manta being the first two. Fourth would have been Steel's brother.

Extraordinary Member

Do you all think Michael B Jordan will appear as Icon in his produced Static movie?

Do you all think Michael B Jordan will appear as Icon in his produced Static movie?
    I would be 100% on board if he did because I think it's a fun way to nod at the Black Superman rumors he was caught up in a while ago. I'd personally want him to be Wise-son or Hardware.

currently following:

Oh, I think Lala is great on the show. It's just a more subtle take on the character where I just have to forget for a moment that he's supposed to be a Green Lantern villain .

(Not that Lala feels that much guilt as of the current season).
    He seems too young for Icon.

I dunno, if we're talking Static...Ebon?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh, I think Lala is great on the show. It's just a more subtle take on the character where I just have to forget for a moment that he's supposed to be a Green Lantern villain .

(Not that Lala feels that much guilt as of the current season).

He seems too young for Icon.

I dunno, if we're talking Static...Ebon?
    Jordan like John BOyega is PAST Static's age. Lucas from Stranger Things is the one everyone seems to suggest now.

Jordan as Icon-NO. Hardware-YES.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Jordan like John BOyega is PAST Static's age. Lucas from Stranger Things is the one everyone seems to suggest now.

Jordan as Icon-NO. Hardware-YES.
    He couldn't play Ebon?

BANNED

Wouldn't this be the same relationship as MCU Spider-man and Iron Man?