View Poll Results: Who is your favorite black DC character?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Lightning

11 12.09%
  • Nubia

2 2.20%
  • Mr. Terrific

11 12.09%
  • Aqualad (Jackson Hyde/Kaldur'ahm)

7 7.69%
  • The Signal (Duke Thomas)

2 2.20%
  • Kid Flash (Wallace West)

1 1.10%
  • Static

11 12.09%
  • Naomi McDuffie

1 1.10%
  • Amanda Waller

6 6.59%
  • Steel (I & II)

6 6.59%
  • Black Manta

5 5.49%
  • Bronze Tiger

6 6.59%
  • Icon & Rocket

1 1.10%
  • Bumblebee

5 5.49%
  • Other

16 17.58%
Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Ryan Wilder is now in the comics.

https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-javicia...***batgirl-50/

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    "404 error"

can't see anything
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    "404 error"

can't see anything
    try this

EDIT: for whatever reason cbr keeps censoring wilder in the link, which is breaking it.

htt ^ ps://www ^ ign.com/articles/batwoman-ryan-wild ^ er-dc-comics-debut-arrowverse-batgirl (copy the link and remove the arrows and spaces)
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-22-2020 at 06:08 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

The middle finger to Barbara Gordon made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    but also, I remember saying they very well could roll Ryan Wilder into the comics; people was like it wasn't gonna happen. Synergy ain't that uncommon, remember Diggle and Felicity (the Arrowverse not the OG) are both canon. I wonder what their endgame is with her tho. the character hasn't even debuted yet, are they just laying down the foundation in case she takes off? or are they planning on attempting a parallel storytelling thing where they have her active on both mediums?

honestly, I'm more intrigued by how this could bode for Aldis Hodge's Hawkman. It always hoped for Hawkman reincarnating and exploring being someone other than a white guy for a while, and between this and Aldis Hodge's Hawkman casting, my pipedream crackpot idea could be closer to reality than I anticipated.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-22-2020 at 06:21 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    The middle finger to Barbara Gordon made me laugh.
    If anyone deserves a middle-finger it's terrorist Jason Bard trying to talk to her.
    but also, I remember saying they very well could roll Ryan Wilder into the comics; people was like it wasn't gonna happen. Synergy ain't that uncommon, remember Diggle and Felicity (the Arrowverse not the OG) are both canon. I wonder what their endgame is with her tho. the character hasn't even debuted yet, are they just laying down the foundation in case she takes off? or are they planning on attempting a parallel storytelling thing where they have her active on both mediums?
    I have no idea what they're planning to do introducing the character in the last issue of Batgirl when she's supposed to be the next Batwoman (I guess Kate doesn't have a book so they didn't have a lot of options) and likely with no clear idea of the character's TV trajectory, but here we are.

Although I wouldn't say Diggle and Felicity were the most successful synergy integration (Diggle fared only a little better than Felicity did) so I'm curious what they intend to do here (if anything).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If anyone deserves a middle-finger it's terrorist Jason Bard trying to talk to her.

I have no idea what they're planning to do introducing the character in the last issue of Batgirl when she's supposed to be the next Batwoman (I guess Kate doesn't have a book so they didn't have a lot of options) and likely with no clear idea of the character's TV trajectory, but here we are.

Although I wouldn't say Diggle and Felicity were the most successful synergy integration (Diggle fared only a little better than Felicity did) so I'm curious what they intend to do here (if anything).
    yeah, that's what gives me pause about their end goal here. they could have her in the comics, pop up here and there, and shuffle her off; possibly without ever being Batwoman. it's such weird timing, her TV debut is not THAT far away, we have no clue how that will go, none of the major announcements as of late seem to be indicative of what she could be doing in the comics (I barely noticed she was debuting) anywhere, but DC is in a volatile place and the new regime seems to be in "pasta on the wall" mode so I wouldn't rule anything entirely out. I'm interested to see how DC plans on developing the character, her trajectory seems odd to me.

currently following:

honestly, I'm more intrigued by how this could bode for Aldis Hodge's Hawkman. It always hoped for Hawkman reincarnating and exploring being someone other than a white guy for a while, and between this and Aldis Hodge's Hawkman casting, my pipedream crackpot idea could be closer to reality than I anticipated.
    Diggle and Felicity are more the exception than the norm.

Wally West, John Stewart and Hawkgirl were not made founding members of the League in the New 52 despite being founding members in the JL animated series.

Artemis Crock is neither a member of any superhero team, in a relationship with Wally or Jade Nguyen's sister.

Roy Harper does not have a clone.

Kaldur never lead any superhero times and he was raised on the surface world unlike his show counterpart who was raised in Atlantis.

Superboy doesn't have his show counterpart's weaker powerset and isn't in a relationship with Ms Martian.

Thea Queen does not exist in the comics.

Nor does Sara Lance.

Nor does Alex Danvers.

It's why Ryan being integrated into the comics is so surprising.

Synergy at the Big 2 is... sporadic and uneven as Agent Z points out. Sometimes it’s dramatic and heavy handed, like what’s happened to Shuri over at Marvel. She’s an exact copy of MCU Shuri now, everything done with her previously has been ignored. Guardians of the Galaxy is another example of that. But they didn’t put Wanda and Vision back together despite their relationship being a key part of both the movies and their upcoming TV show.

I would not be surprised to see a black Hawkman, especially since Venditti gave them an out with Carter “reincarnating across time and space” which is how he explained both Carter and Katar existing. But then again maybe they won’t.

Extraordinary Member

Keep in mind we haven’t gotten African American Black Canary.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Has Momoa's successful version of Aquaman made the transitioned to be the Arthur in comic? If not why would Smollet's version even make an appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Has Momoa's successful version of Aquaman made the transitioned to be the Arthur in comic? If not why would Smollet's version even make an appearance?
    They gave him the tats but didn’t change his ethnicity. I can guarantee you that if they ever reboot again though, Aquaman is definitely going to look exactly like Moama. Hell if Aquaman Earth One ever happens I wouldn’t be surprised if he becomes like Moama in appearance too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Here Are some black canaries that are black that came before the bird of prey movie.
    Black Canary.
    Black Canary (Earth-1098)

Black Canary (Generation Lost)
    Justice League: Generation Lost #14

Dinah Laurel Lance (Green Arrow Shorts)
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Dinah_Lau..._Arrow_Shorts)

White Cat 1.jpg
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/File:White_Cat_1.jpg

Different version in the comics lists and the cw arrowverse.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Canary

Black Canary - Arrowverse Wiki - Fandom
    https://arrow.fandom.com/wiki/Canary...'s%20death.

There is even black version of batwoman from the 2003 animated batman movie.
    Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman (Movie) | DC Database ...
    Kathleen Duquesne (DCAU)
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Kathleen_Duquesne_(DCAU)

So there has been a black batwoman before as well.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-23-2020 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Here Are some black canaries that are black that came before the bird of prey movie.
    Black Canary.
    Black Canary (Earth-1098)

Black Canary (Generation Lost)
    Justice League: Generation Lost #14

Dinah Laurel Lance (Green Arrow Shorts)
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Dinah_Lau..._Arrow_Shorts)

White Cat 1.jpg
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/File:White_Cat_1.jpg

Different version in the comics lists and the cw arrowverse.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Canary

Black Canary - Arrowverse Wiki - Fandom
    https://arrow.fandom.com/wiki/Canary...'s%20death.

There is even black version of batwoman from the 2003 animated batman movie.
    Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman (Movie) | DC Database ...
    Kathleen Duquesne (DCAU)
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Kathleen_Duquesne_(DCAU)

So there has been a black batwoman before as well.
    The Black Canary from the Green Arrow shorts isn't black. The wiki page you linked even states her depiction is based on her incarnation in Smallville. None of the Canaries in the Arrowverse where black either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The Black Canary from the Green Arrow shorts isn't black. The wiki page you linked even states her depiction is based on her incarnation in Smallville. None of the Canaries in the Arrowverse where black either.
    I know the ones from the arrowverse are not black.
    I Just wanted mention there is other diversity there.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-23-2020 at 05:41 AM.