View Poll Results: Who is your favorite black DC character?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Lightning

11 12.09%
  • Nubia

2 2.20%
  • Mr. Terrific

11 12.09%
  • Aqualad (Jackson Hyde/Kaldur'ahm)

7 7.69%
  • The Signal (Duke Thomas)

2 2.20%
  • Kid Flash (Wallace West)

1 1.10%
  • Static

11 12.09%
  • Naomi McDuffie

1 1.10%
  • Amanda Waller

6 6.59%
  • Steel (I & II)

6 6.59%
  • Black Manta

5 5.49%
  • Bronze Tiger

6 6.59%
  • Icon & Rocket

1 1.10%
  • Bumblebee

5 5.49%
  • Other

16 17.58%
Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

I need some help remembering a character's name. She is afro-latino, had a familial connection to Amanda Waller and was in one of DC's government agencies. I only remember seeing her on the DC wiki but I can't remember her name.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I need some help remembering a character's name. She is afro-latino, had a familial connection to Amanda Waller and was in one of DC's government agencies. I only remember seeing her on the DC wiki but I can't remember her name.
    Havana? Odalys Milagro Valdez. She's Waller's daughter, according to teh intarwebs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Havana? Odalys Milagro Valdez. She's Waller's daughter, according to teh intarwebs.
    That's her. Thank you.

Extraordinary Member

Is Skitter supposed to be Havana post-Flashpoint?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Is Skitter supposed to be Havana post-Flashpoint?
    What makes you ask that?

Extraordinary Member

Both are daughters of Amanda Waller

Black Lightning's daughters have been retconned back to his daughters.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Black Lightning's daughters have been retconned back to his daughters.
    In what book does this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    In what book does this happen?
    Endless Winter, I'm annoyed that writers INSIST on him being in Metropolis but I'm glad they went with younger versions of his daughters

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

About time .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    About time .
    this could've been perfect had they had him in Freeland or even Brick City. I've grown to really hate the idea of Jeff being in Metropolis, I feel like it doesn't do anything good for either character. It puts Jefferson in Sups' shadow (and he already has enough issue fighting off being in Batman's shadow as is) and it feels weird that Superman learns that there is a section of his city that's impoverished and he would just leaves it to someone else. I'm not the biggest fan of Superman but that doesn't seem like something he'd have let get to that point, especially considering how often he sweeps through Metropolis and other cities around the world and back, it just looks like "leave it to the black hero because that's where the poor black people are" which just doesn't work for as a critique of Superman's social oversight in the same way that it would for say Batman and The Hill or something.

currently following:

Endless Winter, I'm annoyed that writers INSIST on him being in Metropolis but I'm glad they went with younger versions of his daughters

Thank you.

Now I'm wondering if this is really a retcon or another example of editors and writers not paying attention to what's established even if it was newly done or could this be that loose continuity BC is saying DC is gonna do.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

this could've been perfect had they had him in Freeland or even Brick City. I've grown to really hate the idea of Jeff being in Metropolis, I feel like it doesn't do anything good for either character. It puts Jefferson in Sups' shadow (and he already has enough issue fighting off being in Batman's shadow as is) and it feels weird that Superman learns that there is a section of his city that's impoverished and he would just leaves it to someone else. I'm not the biggest fan of Superman but that doesn't seem like something he'd have let get to that point, especially considering how often he sweeps through Metropolis and other cities around the world and back, it just looks like "leave it to the black hero because that's where the poor black people are" which just doesn't work for as a critique of Superman's social oversight in the same way that it would for say Batman and The Hill or something.
    One retcon at a time I guess. Just really happy the girls are back. Hated how Isabella made them his nieces.

Jeff should totally have his own city. I definitely prefer Freeland over the others.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Thank you.

Now I'm wondering if this is really a retcon or another example of editors and writers not paying attention to what's established even if it was newly done or could this be that loose continuity BC is saying DC is gonna do.
    I think it's a retcon because since Cold Dead Hands they've steered pretty clear of ever mentioning the daughters (they don't come up once in Outsiders), so I think they were stealthily running under the idea that he was just a relatively young single dude. I mean I don't think they would casually overlook the daughters for that long.

currently following: