Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
I'm glad this thread exist. It's one of the few times minority characters get brought up in conversation. But it's also somewhat discouraging knowing that this thread is needed because otherwise not a lot of people would talk about them. Most minority characters come after DC's golden years. They weren't apart of the JSA or original 7 JL, even the original Teen Titans to some extent. Most don't rank into people's favorites and some are on the JLA team as a replacement or a placeholder. Hal Jordan is still a preferred character on the league which is fine, but they also want Martian Manhunter to be the one to appeal to minorities which is a little weird. Besides the terrifics I haven't felt a minority character truly has a reserved spot amongst the different DC Teams.

I don't blame fans or DC for the fact, but man does it feel alienating when we can't see these great characters interact with everyone's favorite characters (Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, JSA). Half of them don't even have a history to be reflected on. The sad part is that I feel like they won't be able to even add diverse characters to the JSA or JLA without it feeling unnatural.

I want to appreciate all the characters. I want to see more underrated ones like bloodwynd or hotspot. I want to know more about some of the "popular" minority characters like Cyborg or Blue Beetle, but even their history is limited. I also want for their to be at least one minority DC character that fans and general conses would that they could look up to this character and that they're a great role model. Something that you don't have to find elsewhere because I like DC's world and worldbuilding.
I’ve stopped posting here but this post drew me out. I just wanted to say that this is an all-time great post. I differ in that I do blame DC for the lack of genuine love and care for such characters but great post nonetheless.