View Poll Results: Who is your favorite black DC character?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Lightning

11 12.09%
  • Nubia

2 2.20%
  • Mr. Terrific

11 12.09%
  • Aqualad (Jackson Hyde/Kaldur'ahm)

7 7.69%
  • The Signal (Duke Thomas)

2 2.20%
  • Kid Flash (Wallace West)

1 1.10%
  • Static

11 12.09%
  • Naomi McDuffie

1 1.10%
  • Amanda Waller

6 6.59%
  • Steel (I & II)

6 6.59%
  • Black Manta

5 5.49%
  • Bronze Tiger

6 6.59%
  • Icon & Rocket

1 1.10%
  • Bumblebee

5 5.49%
  • Other

16 17.58%
Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Black Manta was in Aquaman and James Gunn's Suicide Squad has Bloodsport who is black in the comics. So no, Cyborg is not the only black comics character in the DCEU.
    Also Darla Dudley, Amanda Waller and Killer Croc.

Originals: Cyborg, Amanda Waller, Killer Croc, Darla Dudley, Black Manta, Bloodsport,

Race Swap: Black Canary, Catwoman, Gordon, Deadshot, Hawkman

About even

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Black Manta was in Aquaman and James Gunn's Suicide Squad has Bloodsport who is black in the comics. So no, Cyborg is not the only black comics character in the DCEU.
    Welp, I guess there was more and they were forgettable to me.

Looking at the person I quoted below, not one of them would ever get their own movie or show that could help their xomic counterpart ...well I guess Cyborg still could since there is another actor running around playing the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Also Darla Dudley, Amanda Waller and Killer Croc.

Originals: Cyborg, Amanda Waller, Killer Croc, Darla Dudley, Black Manta, Bloodsport,

Race Swap: Black Canary, Catwoman, Gordon, Deadshot, Hawkman

About even
    Killer Croc... who looks like a crocodile is not a character I would even attempt to count tbh.

But you made points for the rest.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 09-26-2020 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Welp, I guess there was more and they were forgettable to me.

Looking at the person I quoted below, not one of them would ever get their own movie or show that could help their xomic counterpart ...well I guess Cyborg still could since there is another actor running around playing the character.

Killer Croc... who looks like a crocodile is not a character I would even attempt to count tbh.

But you made points for the rest.

I think I give it to the originals, just because they have Idris Elba, Viola Davis, Yahya Abdul Mateen and Meagan Good, though the race swaps do have Will Smith, Jurnee Smollet Bell and now Aldis Hodge! Lot’s of talented Black actors in the DCEU so I see that as a good thing!

Curious to see who they cast as John Stewart and Static for their upcoming rumored appearances...Also pretty sure Barbara Gordon will be Black in the Batverse seeing as Gordon is Black, so curious who they’ll cast as her

we got our first look at Javicia Leslie as Batwoman;

I don't she looks bad in the cowl, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, but I am disappointed with the hair a little. Maybe it was just me but I had it in my head what they were gonna keep her fro from the pictures when she was first announced. I guess it's fine but that would've been dope, regardless, the lightning could be better but I like her in the cowl so far.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

I don't she looks bad in the cowl, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, but I am disappointed with the hair a little. Maybe it was just me but I had it in my head what they were gonna keep her fro from the pictures when she was first announced. I guess it's fine but that would've been dope, regardless, the lightning could be better but I like her in the cowl so far.
    She's supposed to get her own unique batsuit at some point, the one in that picture is only temporary. I'm tired of seeing people roasting this picture on Twitter, though. I saw someone criticize Javicia for not looking "happy" in this picture, but I bet that critic kept his mouth shut when Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney and Christian Bale didn't look "happy" every time they posed for a promotional Batman photo.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 09-26-2020 at 06:04 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

She looks horrendously bad in that pic/costume/wig.
    Why they chose to let this see the light of day is a mystery.
    The new costume needs to take her jawline into account. It’s something Bale’s design didn’t do, and he looked like he had the mumps.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    She's supposed to get her own unique batsuit at some point, the one in that picture is only temporary. I'm tired of seeing people roasting this picture on Twitter, though. I saw someone criticize Javicia for not looking "happy" in this picture, but I bet that critic kept his mouth shut when Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney and Christian Bale didn't look "happy" every time they posed for a promotional Batman photo.
    I just assume anyone whining about a character not smiling enough is being immature.

Default So it's officially been announced, Aldis Hodge is our big screen Hawkman!

So it's officially been announced, Aldis Hodge is our big screen Hawkman! I would think they would be touching on the Khufu origin before Black Adam is imprisoned and Hawkman in the present timeline. Hawkman is going to be leading the the JSA, so I think if he really breaks out in this movie we could see a Hawkman movie down the road. I hope that they go with the Ktar Deathbringer storyline.

I absolutely love the Ktar origin and I feel the reincaration that's untethered from Egypt as the starting point is the coolest approach and could lend itself to an Cloud Atlas style story that brings in a wide breath of characters and actors of color across the DC universe.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Aldis Hodge cast as Hawkman.
    Totally happy w. that. Met him once (about the second season of Leverage), he’s a really nice young man. As an aside, he and Ciara Renée would make a handsome couple as Hawkman/Hawkgirl; it’ll never happen but still.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Damn right, but it'd depend on the context. If Ben got a mini or maxi to just flesh him out I'd be ecstatic to see his nephew. Him, Vixen, and Richard Dragon should be major characters in Ben's life. But if we're talking a team book like a new Checkmate or Leviathan, I'd like to see Ben working with his peers first and foremost. But even then I'd still want to see Ben Jr. in some capacity, just to show Ben has a life outside the mission.
    Let's hope the new animated movie coming out shows him Justice. The he might get overshadowed by all the other cast.

repost from the Fox Family thread
    So it looks like John Ridley is reintroducing Timothy Fox. John Ridley's comments about his story centering around Lucius' relationship with his sons make more sense now. I saw over on reddit that some people are saying it looks possible that the reason DC was playing coy and never outright said Luke Fox will be Batman is because they want to bring Timothy in for that role. thoughts? I've really come around on the idea of Luke as Batman but Tim as a blank slate could work just as fine of not better depending on the execution.

currently following:

Extraordinary Member

Whoa. And we all thought Lucas replaced Timothy post-Flashpoint.

I reckon Lucas is still headed toward Batman role.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Aldis Hodge cast as Hawkman.

You can't get blacked...

If you're already Black.

BANNED

So it looks like John Ridley is reintroducing Timothy Fox. John Ridley's comments about his story centering around Lucius' relationship with his sons make more sense now. I saw over on reddit that some people are saying it looks possible that the reason DC was playing coy and never outright said Luke Fox will be Batman is because they want to bring Timothy in for that role. thoughts? I've really come around on the idea of Luke as Batman but Tim as a blank slate could work just as fine of not better depending on the execution.
    Or Tim will be a villain like Barbara Gordon's brother.

In terms of character design, Luke and Barbara have a lot in common as the tech savvy children to Batman's allies.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Or Tim will be a villain like Barbara Gordon's brother.

In terms of character design, Luke and Barbara have a lot in common as the tech savvy children to Batman's allies.
    I considered this as well, and I think it's a 60/40 chance. it's possible Tim is the antagonistic force that pushes Luke into being, possibly by killing Lucius (which feels like something DC would do, but admittedly I haven't read a lot of Ridley's work). Tim did have an somewhat combative relationship with Lucius; I can see them updating him to be the "N'jadaka" to Luke's "T'Challa", ya know? although thinking about it now, it is possible that they go with Tim and Luke working together in the cave; like he's Luke's "man in the chair". hmmm so that's like 60/35/5 odds?
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-30-2020 at 12:47 PM.

currently following: