View Poll Results: Who is your favorite black DC character?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Lightning

11 12.09%
  • Nubia

2 2.20%
  • Mr. Terrific

11 12.09%
  • Aqualad (Jackson Hyde/Kaldur'ahm)

7 7.69%
  • The Signal (Duke Thomas)

2 2.20%
  • Kid Flash (Wallace West)

1 1.10%
  • Static

11 12.09%
  • Naomi McDuffie

1 1.10%
  • Amanda Waller

6 6.59%
  • Steel (I & II)

6 6.59%
  • Black Manta

5 5.49%
  • Bronze Tiger

6 6.59%
  • Icon & Rocket

1 1.10%
  • Bumblebee

5 5.49%
  • Other

16 17.58%
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I fluctuate between Mr. Terrific and Black Lightning. I voted Holt last time so I'm splitting the difference this time and giving Jefferson some love.

Mr Terrific.

Waller is a good villain though.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Nubia

Tyroc of Marzol

Bloodwynd
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Crimson Avenger

Star-Boy

Thylacine
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

You forgot these guys

Last edited by 9th.; 03-30-2020 at 01:35 PM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    You forgot these guys

lowkey I did lol but I was actually thinking of waiting until their identities were revealed. but then again i could just edit it later, so on the list they go!
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 03-30-2020 at 02:17 PM.

currently following:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post

I also feel like more can be done with Bloodwynd, especially since DC has a supernatural title now.
    I'd love a resurgence for Bloodwynd! That said, I'm not sure if DC in general would have the proverbial stones to do the justice that Bloodwynd would need/demand done.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I'd love a resurgence for Bloodwynd! That said, I'm not sure if DC in general would have the proverbial stones to do the justice that Bloodwynd would need/demand done.
    unfortunately true. a hero whose mythos is rooted in slavery and black pain? I can't say i have faith that DC has the editorial competence to pull it off thoroughly or satisfactorily.

currently following:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    unfortunately true. a hero whose mythos is rooted in slavery and black pain? I can't say i have faith that DC has the editorial competence to pull it off thoroughly or satisfactorily.
    It's probably because of the bolded that DC doesn't want to use the character at all, tbh. It's a can of worms I don't blame them for not wanting to open especially in today's environment. Bloodwynd would probably have a better chance at appearing on JLD if they kept the look but switched up his name and gave him a less racialized origin.

Make the "Bloodwynds" some kind of dimension in his mythos then say he inherited the Blood Gem from his Homo Magi ancestors in Kor. Or maybe he just made the gem himself through alchemy, gaining the power to access the magic of other worlds. I think there's space for the character to thrive in DC's magic corner as a prominent necromancer/alchemist but there's basic issues that need to be fixed first.
    Last edited by chief12d; 03-31-2020 at 06:02 AM.

Astonishing Member

Yeah. And don't get me wrong; I'd love them to do Bloodwynd the justice such a character demands, where the creative team was all-in, the editorial was all-in (no exceptions, conditions, or caveats), and it wasn't some out-of-continuity Black Label or Elseworlds. It's just that there's so much stacked against all of that being a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It's probably because of the bolded that DC doesn't want to use the character at all, tbh. It's a can of worms I don't blame them for not wanting to open especially in today's environment. Bloodwynd would probably have a better chance at appearing on JLD if they kept the look but switched up his name and gave him a less racialized origin.

Make the "Bloodwynds" some kind of dimension in his mythos then say he inherited the Blood Gem from his Homo Magi ancestors in Kor. Or maybe he just made the gem himself through alchemy, gaining the power to access the magic of other worlds. I think there's space for the character to thrive in DC's magic corner as a prominent necromancer/alchemist but there's basic issues that need to be fixed first.
    Precisely what I mean and exactly what I wouldn't want happening.

BANNED

Star-Boy
    Coolest looking version of the character.

Cool powerset, cool song ; )

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 03-31-2020 at 08:21 AM.

who do you think DC will use for their first black led film in the DCEU? it's something that I've been thinking about lately. while my first instinct would be to say John Stewart, I feel it's far more likely John would end up as a co-lead if given a leading role at all. Vixen and Black Lightning are possible but I can see them avoiding Vixen due to not wanting to get backlash for "trying to make their own Black Panther".

currently following:

Amanda Waller, when she's written well, is arguably the most interesting character in comics.

Kid Flash (Wallace West)

The Signal (Duke Thomas)

Aqualad (Jackson Hyde)

currently following: