Default Supergirl Vol 1 The Girl Of Steel questions, cross overs

I picked up Supergirl Vol 2 Breaking the Chains at a used book store.

Granted I've never read any other Supergirl solo stories but really loved it.

So I bought Vol 1 The Girl of Steel and only a few issues in but really loving it as well.

So:

- what's the reference to darkseid or SG having previously met Powergirl, also Power Girl mentions her powers act up as soon as SG shows up, which books do these events happen in...

- what are the major cross over stories that happen during SG vol 1 and vol 2?

- did anyone else enjoy these books, what are the best Supergirl books that are in continuity

Thanks guys, I'll be digging on my own to but would love to hear what you gotta say

I “think” she and Power Girl met in Johns JSA but don’t quote me on that.

Can’t remember the specific crossovers, sorry. I know she was a part of Waid’s Legion of Superheroes for a while though.

Best Supergirl books are Sterling Gates and Jamal Igles Supergirl run, I enjoyed the New 52 Supergirl, and Marvel Andrekyo’s recent Supergirl run. Continuity is utterly screwed but for the most part Supergirl’s New 52 run is still canon I think, while Gates is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I “think” she and Power Girl met in Johns JSA but don’t quote me on that.

Can’t remember the specific crossovers, sorry. I know she was a part of Waid’s Legion of Superheroes for a while though.

Best Supergirl books are Sterling Gates and Jamal Igles Supergirl run, I enjoyed the New 52 Supergirl, and Marvel Andrekyo’s recent Supergirl run. Continuity is utterly screwed but for the most part Supergirl’s New 52 run is still canon I think, while Gates is not.
    I am half way through JSA Omnibus vol 1 .. loving it and look to collecting Omnibus 2 and 3... look forward to seeing her pop up.

Guess I'll need to dig for cross overs on my own, been wanting to collect some legion stuff tho.

Thanks for the recommendation I'll add them to my list