Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Taking Moira Out

So I'm not saying they should go all lets "kill the bitch" by any means, but while reading HoX/PoX it occured to me that literally everything ends if this broad dies, and hiding her away is only a temporary solution. I would be genuinely shocked if Charles and Erik aren't plotting someway to say take away her powers. I know it goes against everything they stand but it's probably the most solid solution if they want Krakoa to endure.
    Last edited by Journey; 03-28-2020 at 08:56 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I don't even know if it's possible to take her powers out, since they activate only when she dies. A better sollution would be put her in stasis permanently.

I wanted this to be a story beat in the last issue of powers of X. If Moira dies then all the work of current life might be pointless if we assume she has 11 lives and not 10.

As such, rather then have her simply walking around in her frail mortal body I wanted Apocalypse to "Apocalize" her so she has the means to protect herself from any unforeseen danger. She would have the power to shape shift so she can still do what is she doing now; Laying low amongst the humans.

Of course if this were to happen then Apocalypse would of been the 3rd person Moira would turn to in her current life (Xavier and mags being the 1st and 2nd). That would of made sense, because in the past she turned to each of them individually but now all of them together would put their best foot forward. Also, her Apocalypse design is cool and I want to see it again.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

7B218069-32FA-499B-9C07-67FDD21A666A.jpg

Oh look it’s a time traveler with a mutant power neutralizer gun.

Damn. Hadn’t thought about that. Hmm... very interesting. Could OG Cable be the one that saves the mutants from the conundrum they’re currently in? Wouldn’t be the first time. And that would be awesome IMO, as a big fan of the character.

Why do you feel the need to call women bitches?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So I'm not saying they should kill the bitch by any means, but while reading HoX/PoX it occured to me that literally everything ends if this broad dies, and hiding her away is only a temporary solution. I would be genuinely shocked if Charles and Erik aren't plotting someway to say take away her powers. I know it goes against everything they stand but it's probably the most solid solution if they want Krakoa to endure.
    Isn't Leech able to neutralize powers?

Anyway, it would be logical that Charles and Xavier keep a very careful eye on Moira's well-being…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    I thought it was a special appreciation of Moira.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    And calling her a "broad" :/

Not that I need to explain myself, but broad means "a woman" and when I said Bitch it was never that deep. Though if I'm being frank I do think Moira's a bitch from what I've read. *shrugs*

When Magneto and Xavier arrived, they noticed how cynical and dire Moira was acting. I believe that will change when Destiny arrives and all the cards are laid out on the table. I think Moira is gonna sacrifice herself (by depowering herself) for the greater good of mutantkind and lead her last life, her “11th life”, as a human. She’ll get to live out the peaceful life she had in her first life, knowing she’s given mutants their most important win.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    but broad means "a woman"
    The problem isn’t that no one knows what “broad” means.....

We know that if she dies everything ends. So Magneto, Xavier and she decided to fake her own death and that she remain hidden to protect her. Of course it is a temporary solution, they cannot just allow her to die of old age.

The problem isn’t that no one knows what “broad” means.....
    Theirs no problem at all it's not that deep just slang...

BANNED

1st of all, she's a lassie not a broad.
    second, take her out... to dinner? yes mama yes

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I am curious to know if it´s indeed true everything is lost after Moira dies, Hickman leave a litte clue in one of his previous works that could mean that world becomes an alternative earth but doesn´t dissapear.

When they were dealing with the earths destroying each other, they landed on a earth that had a Magneto statue instead of the statue of liberty my guess is that this earth was the same in which Moira made her alliance with Magneto, in the end Galactus came to claim that earth so my question is: How truthful is Moira really being given she died early on that earth she could not have been there when galactus came so, It´s true everything dissapears once she´s dead or that world keeps existing, it just becomes an alternative earth and she goes back to original 616 earth? or really everything stops once she´s death?. It´s possible Destiny could answer this doubt and that´s part of the reason why Moira X doesn´t want her back but also because she fears Destiny is going ti kill her again, who knows. I have questions
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022