Incredible Member

Default Imperium Of Man vs Composite America

An Imperium scout ship stumbles across a version of Earth which has not been conquered in the name of the holy God Emperor. Naturally, they invade.

Can Composite Earth defend itself against legions of Imperial Guardsmen, Space Marines, psykers, attempts at exterminatus, and Emperor knows what else for a month? Is it possible that Composite America could even beat....

HERESY!

*BLAM*

Yes.

Pre-Crisis DC Alone...

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Yes.

Pre-Crisis DC Alone...
    To say nothing of Lucifer and Franklin Richards also generally living in America.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    An Imperium scout ship stumbles across a version of Earth which has not been conquered in the name of the holy God Emperor. Naturally, they invade.

Can Composite Earth defend itself against legions of Imperial Guardsmen, Space Marines, psykers, attempts at exterminatus, and Emperor knows what else for a month? Is it possible that Composite America could even beat....

HERESY!

*BLAM*
    You don't specify The time they invade, so one thing I assume is the legion of Superheroes is available. (Time Bubbles) Who is the spectre at this stage? He wrecks them by himself. You have everybody who has or will be an Avenger. The Imperium of Man is ghost toasties.

Hmmm...

You do realize that means Composite America is fielding multiple Superman-level beings, magic-users like Dr. Strange, and the like?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

USA here given how America typically has the most super beings and the powerful ones to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    USA here given how America typically has the most super beings and the powerful ones to boot.
    And the most powerful of all; plot-armor Batman!

And then there's the fact that one of the Presidents is Doctor Doom.

18812990._SX540_.jpg
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

And in one of them Absorbing Man becomes New York City.

But none of that matters when they hit the Lucifer Morningstar, Adult Franklin Richards, Pre-Retcon Owen Reece, PC Spectre, Michael Korvac etc. levels of batshit powers. Oh, and the Dreaming Celestial.

There is nothing the Imperium of Man can do to touch any of those, not to mention ‘lesser lights’ like PC Supes, PC Dr Fate, PC Flash, Sentry, Silver Surfer (when he was trapped on Earth), Classic Dr Strange, Star Brand etc.

It’s an absolute horror-stomp.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

And Scarlet Witch at her peak, and Shaman Nate, and Jesus Cable, and Sentry, and multiple Phoenixes (Phoeni?).
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    And in one of them Absorbing Man becomes New York City.

But none of that matters when they hit the Lucifer Morningstar, Adult Franklin Richards, Pre-Retcon Owen Reece, PC Spectre, Michael Korvac etc. levels of batshit powers. Oh, and the Dreaming Celestial.

There is nothing the Imperium of Man can do to touch any of those, not to mention ‘lesser lights’ like PC Supes, PC Dr Fate, PC Flash, Sentry, Silver Surfer (when he was trapped on Earth), Classic Dr Strange, Star Brand etc.

It’s an absolute horror-stomp.
    You're doubting the "throw corpses at it until it's fixed" strategy.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Didn't the pre-retcon Beyonder also live in New York for a bit?

Kinda sorta. But he also had a giant floating raft of TV screens in the ocean somewhere.

No, really.

Secret Wars II Beyonder was a strange beast.

But great soul-glo hair.

Astonishing Member

Got a lot of Pantheons of Skyfather level floating around the Earth. Do we get all the nasty Lovecraftian horrors in the game? Didn't say just good guys.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Didn't the pre-retcon Beyonder also live in New York for a bit?
    Even if he doesn't count, pre-retcon Molecule Man did.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua