Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    I doubt BC would be in *that* bad taste.

No April's Fools jokes related to Coronavirus allowed anywhere.
    Most April Fools jokes just aren't happening this year, but The Sun newspaper did run a Coronavirus related one. Pubs are shut, so they're going to pump beer directly to people's homes using broadband cables! One of the beers they mention happens to be an anagram of April Fool.

This forum has a joke - a forum for Alpha Flight. Another forum, Rangerboard, claimed to be closing down.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's not april fools, retailers talked about his yesterday

https://www.comicsbeat.com/not-april...-comics-shops/

the only problem is if this system doesn't work soon

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Ok, now maybe comcs are going to be on sale but will people still buy them on the current situation?
    There are way more urgent needs on these economically unstable times were many people are getting fired and who knows how long this will last? it could be months
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 04-01-2020 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Ok, now maybe comcs are going to be on sale but will people still buy them on the current situation?
    There are way more urgent needs on these economically unstable times were many people are getting fired and who knows how long this will last? it could be months
    Well who knows?
    there is people doing parties. if they sell enough to keep comics being published and bills being paid it will be good enough

I think they will. Comics are comforting right now and I think it's a good idea to allow people to "pre-order" floppies and have access to digital in the meantime. Hope it works out.

Pretty brilliant idea.

How the Comics Industry's Temporary Distribution System Will Work:
    https://www.cbr.com/how-comichub-dis...andemic-works/
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Hell yeah im so happy about this

It does sound like a good idea. I wonder if we'll already get comics next week.

Have to assume this is why Marvel held off their announcement until the 11th when it was clear the system wouldn’t be ready on time for this week. Sounds like a reasonable compromise, and I’d support my local shop if only I actually wanted print copies of books.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Have to assume this is why Marvel held off their announcement until the 11th when it was clear the system wouldn’t be ready on time for this week. Sounds like a reasonable compromise, and I’d support my local shop if only I actually wanted print copies of books.
    Someone mentioned the same thing in the twitter thread and they suggested pre-ordering the physical for digital access and then tell your LCS to donate the floppy. Not a bad idea.

Let's hope it won't.

More people are able to work, even in a limited way, less dire the situation will be.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Hell, I'm a digital only guy (buy mine on Comixology and read them on my iPad), but this might make me switch to this new platform and support the local comic store when I buy online. Basically I'll read them online, and pick up my physical comics whenever convenient and can then give those to somebody and hopefully get them into comics. Win-win-win. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Hell, I'm a digital only guy (buy mine on Comixology and read them on my iPad), but this might make me switch to this new platform and support the local comic store when I buy online. Basically I'll read them online, and pick up my physical comics whenever convenient and can then give those to somebody and hopefully get them into comics. Win-win-win. Love it.
    Agreed. That's exactly what I plan to do if this pans out since I buy digitally only usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Great idea! Give a little cheer to someone else and maybe create a new fan in the process.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Skeptical but hopeful. Here’s what I wrote in a few other threads...

My LCBS happens to be one of the 100 or so in the US that uses ComicHub. They are out of Australia or New Zealand I think. A few comments...

- I love the concept of having an app to order and keep track of things

- ComicHub’s app is not intuitive at all, however.

- My store has been using them for about 2 years and I still have some of the same issues I’ve had since the beginning. My “next week” listing for example still shows the same small list of stuff from a year + ago.

- In order to make the concept work as described in the article, you would have to PAY through the app. Perhaps my store just doesn’t have this functionality, but it certainly isn’t a feature in my app.

- in the article, they discuss a previews section that can be used for full books. If it exists in my app, I can’t find it. I do have “view” functionality but I’ve only been able to pull up covers, not any additional ages.

- They only have 100 or so US stores. Yes, they are not US based so the may have more scalability than that number suggests, but adding every single US store to their platform in the next 10 days like the article indicates seems VERY unlikely to me, especially since the current app has been flawed so long as is.

Given everything I just highlighted, I don’t see any way that this becomes a practical solution to our current situation. They may be able to build towards something that was described in the article, but I believe it will take YEARS for this particular company to get there. Sorry to be so pessimistic but that’s what I’m seeing based on my experience with this company. The thing is, I think what the article really is the ideal solution for the current crisis. Unfortunately, I just can’t see it as a REALISTIC solution, at least as executed by this company.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”