Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Just release digital. Collectors are going to still collect physical copies when stores reopen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Question for all: is your LCS still open?
    nope, and our state of emergency was just levelled up to last until early June so its gonna be a hot minute

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    We've been on an Islands-wide lockdown since March 30th with all non-essential businesses and services closed since then. Unfortunately comic books aren't considered essential products (not that they'd have anything new to sell with the states-side industry as is).
    Thank the Goddess I have other hobbies and interests and an extensive back issue selection with which to occupy my time...so I'm not thirsting as hard as some.
    Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    nope, and our state of emergency was just levelled up to last until early June so its gonna be a hot minute
    Thanks friends! hounds, I'm curious to see what will happen with your state now that there is official criteria for reopening. It seems comic book stores can open (with safety practices) in phase 1 once the 6 metrics are met.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

oh, I'm actually way up in the frozen hinterlands of Ontario! but I think we're in a similar-ish position to the states - my initial post was built on a lil bit of misinfo, our state of emergency was pushed by about a month's time but that only bumps its end date to May 12th. my best guess is it'll only gradually get lengthened from there but maybe im just a filthy cynic lol .

while I'm already a titch off-topic, are non-essential workplaces reopening up soon in the less-severely impacted States? I'm sorta staying away from the international news cycle but I'm assuming the "hotbeds" like NY are still more or less closed down
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 04-16-2020 at 07:06 PM.

All-New Member

Yes, I believe new books will be on sale next week.

They won't. July solicits aren't happening, so we can assume nothing's out for at least the next two weeks.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    oh, I'm actually way up in the frozen hinterlands of Ontario! but I think we're in a similar-ish position to the states - my initial post was built on a lil bit of misinfo, our state of emergency was pushed by about a month's time but that only bumps its end date to May 12th. my best guess is it'll only gradually get lengthened from there but maybe im just a filthy cynic lol .

while I'm already a titch off-topic, are non-essential workplaces reopening up soon in the less-severely impacted States? I'm sorta staying away from the international news cycle but I'm assuming the "hotbeds" like NY are still more or less closed down
    Hello northern neighbor and fingers crossed that May 12th is the date for you! Criteria was released last night for how states can reach phase 1 of opening up, which includes re-opening of most businesses as long as they practice social distancing (this excludes large arenas, that's phase 2). So comic shops can open with safety practices in place. Each state's opening is up to their governor and really local government will decide each county/town.

It seems some states already qualify for phase 1 and can open, so the question will be whether the comic Gods and Goddesses will wait until the entire country is open or start releasing wherever they can. They of course have to take into account other nations as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Question for all: is your LCS still open?
    Been closed for over three weeks now.

Yup, same here. 3 weeks essential workers only. We did have one shop that was offering delivery of comics (for a fee) just before that, which I thought was cool.

But our state has been super cautious and it shows.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Diamond Reveals Plan to Reopen Comics Industry in May

https://www.cbr.com/diamond-reopenin...-may-covid-19/

"While there are many steps and conversations that need to happen between today and resuming distribution of new weekly product, we are currently targeting mid- to late-May with the hope that, as an industry, we can all work toward that timeframe. Of course, as we have all seen, target dates sometimes need to be adjusted in this ever-changing new-normal. But we cannot wait for firm dates. We have started the planning process and are having these important conversations with publishers and retailers so that once we have more clarity, we are in a position to restart and scale operations over time".

Excellent! Of course dates are not static and can change but this is very promising. My biggest concern has always been about the creators and their income because if this crisis extended into the very far future, they likely would have gone elsewhere to earn money and rightfully so. Some industries will have trouble coming back as it is so let us hope this does indeed get revved up again in May.

Finally some good news.

But if they're back next month, why'd they bother furloughing staff?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Finally some good news.

But if they're back next month, why'd they bother furloughing staff?
    The uncertainty of it all for sure. I'm going to start a new thread because this deserves to be shouted from the rooftops.

Well, DC is releasing new books starting this coming week, with new distributors but not Marvel it seems...
    https://www.newsarama.com/49869-dc-t...-april-28.html
    https://www.newsarama.com/49873-insi...-involved.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Well, DC is releasing new books starting this coming week, with new distributors but not Marvel it seems...
    https://www.newsarama.com/49869-dc-t...-april-28.html
    https://www.newsarama.com/49873-insi...-involved.html

Marvel should really catch up with DC. We want our Marvel comics this coming week too, at least the digital one if they can't release the physical copies.