Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Seems like they'll have more time to plan and get pages done ahead of the game

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    For sure marvel won't cancel X-books, none of the books are on the cancelation levels. The problem is new releases on the middle of corona crisis
    Sadly, I don't think the current titles are going to sell what they have been selling on the next months after the crisis is over. Hopeful I'm wrong.

The problem is that even DELAYING books is causing problems that will have repercussions... This is not good and the "short term" solutions might compound major long term problems.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Sadly, I don't think the current titles are going to sell what they have been selling on the next months after the crisis is over. Hopeful I'm wrong.
    marvel flooded the market with x-books, it might hurt because of crisis. marvel didn't thought a major pandemic would happen

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    marvel flooded the market with x-books, it might hurt because of crisis. marvel didn't thought a major pandemic would happen
    No but one would reasonably think they should have had some "in case of major distribution emergency" plan somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    No but one would reasonably think they should have had some "in case of major distribution emergency" plan somewhere.
    i dunno after 80 years i'd be cocky too
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

I thought the comics are written, drawn and colored 3 months in advance? So they should be able to release them as scheduled.

Don't really understand why they have to be stopped for the pandemic. Delivery via digital or print form is possible.

Is Diamond responsible for print and sending, or only one of these?

Thing is, if they only send via Diamond, why would Marvel, DC, Image and so on not use FedEx for example?

It seems like a monopoly position Diamond is in, if they are the only company who can do this.

Or am I seeing it wrong?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post

Thing is, if they only send via Diamond, why would Marvel, DC, Image and so on not use FedEx for example?

It seems like a monopoly position Diamond is in, if they are the only company who can do this.

Or am I seeing it wrong?
    Diamond is the distributor, as in they warehouse the items, package them for delivery, manage customer accounts and handle billing, damages, returns, etc. They do not actually print anything, and shipping is handled by actual shipping companies like FedEx and UPS.

BANNED

Is there going to be any new solicitation release for July?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post

Or am I seeing it wrong?
    It's sort of the unseen third party that many companies work through (not just comics). The company produces and handles the logistics of creating a product, but in many cases the product itself goes straight to the distributor from the printer/manufacturing plant. Then the distributor handles getting the product to all the stores. Marvel likely doesn't have their own warehouse of product (or it's very small/limited storage of other things that they bring to conventions and such), they rely on Diamond and other small distributors to handle the process of getting the product out to either another localized hub that the shops will physically go to for pick up or sent directly to the actual stores themselves.

So when one of these things breaks down, it's not as easy as Marvel having a speadsheet of retailers and start printing labels. Chances are the product goes straight to Diamond and Marvel only touches a small batch of product in office.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Is there going to be any new solicitation release for July?
    I guess no. Seems like they are going to delay the books

I'm currently creating head canon since who knows when the actual comics will come back...

- I just sent Kid Cable back to the future after being mindwiped by Rachel, who decided it was time for him to go back and fulfill his life for the sake of the future. Then Hope and The Five resurrected OG Cable from his last memory backup, and put him in a body in its prime (think Jeph Loeb/Ian Churchill era Cable).

- He has the Light of Galador sword (since he couldn't let his younger self take it to the future) and wields it, along with any other weaponry needed to get the job done. His new costume is basically Kid Cable's sans sleeves (sun's out guns out), and he pulls up the hoodie sometimes when doing stealth missions for X-Force's strike team which he is now on along with Logan, Neena and Piotr (with Sage, Beast, Jean and Black Tom still running intel).

- His solo title sees Nathan advancing the goals of the Krakoan nation-state as only he can, interacting with the broader MU as he goes. Full of action and political intrigue, and lots of guest stars. Again, reminiscent of the Loeb/Churchill Cable era. Written by Gerry Duggan with pencils by Greg Capullo and Viktor Bogdanovic, with "Cable files" back-up pages with pencils by Steve McNiven.

It's a great time to be a Cable fan in 2020!

I guess nothing this week either?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    I guess nothing this week either?
    No, not this week either.