Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Well here's hoping that with a push in interest ComicHub can make improvements.

I think it's a great idea in the short term. I know a lot of people fear that it might make digital readers out of people who would normally be a physical reader and take business away from local shops, but I also think that it's possible the opposite can happen. If they hadn't been in a shop in years and go in to pick up their floppies, maybe it will encourage them to start making a habit of it since they see the local shop isn't as gross and basementy as it once was.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

It is dead
    https://www.newsarama.com/49692-comi...g-forward.html
    not all retailers were into it and publishers changed idea about it too

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It is dead
    https://www.newsarama.com/49692-comi...g-forward.html
    not all retailers were into it and publishers changed idea about it too
    Oh for the love of...

I genuinely feel Marvel and DC are both just gonna say **** it and go digital, their gonna get sick of not bringing in money like the rest of the world and do what they want. At least Marvel will Disney has so much money they don't care who they piss off. Either way patience runs out in situations like these.

....at least go digital then....

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    ....at least go digital then....
    Agreed this **** could go into 2021 for all we know you gotta keep moving forward putting the buisness on pause isn't helping anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Agreed this **** could go into 2021 for all we know you gotta keep moving forward putting the buisness on pause isn't helping anyone.
    From the sales on ComiXology since HOXPOX started, we’ve seen that the Dawn of X books are digital moneymakers. It’s a lose-lose situation any way you slice it so the least that can be done is put out the product on a platform that can still make them some money. Potentially more since mostly everyone’s stuck at home and would probably cave into buying digital anyway.

I know people who buys digital and later phisical issues or then the phisical trade.

It can't wait for the lockdown be over. DC comics April first releases went for april 29th, it won't make a difference if all comics stores are closed.for 2/3 months.
    Books won't stop for this, comics also shouldn't stop

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't know, I don't think it would be good for marvel's relationship with retailers on the long run.
    It could hurt the shops recovery the moment they need help the most

It’s a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't know, I don't think it would be good for marvel's relationship with retailers on the long run.
    But what else can you do? They tried to find a solution and it was considered unusable. Fact is retailers are just **** outta luck, they can't bring in money due to the powers that be that's not on Marvel. So they have no real reason to resent Marvel, DC or any others who decide to go the digital route to keep money floating through out the pandemic. It just is what it is someone's gonna be upset no matter what they do. Fact of the matter is though Disney is about their money and eventually their gonna say **** it and do whatever they feel is gonna bring money in, and when that happens DC will ride the coattails and it'll be a domino effect from there.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Retailers should be mad at the monopoly known as Diamond, not at a comics company for publishing comics. I’m empathetic to LCSs and what they’re going through but creators are also getting screwed over since nothing is happening.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

But what else can you do? They tried to find a solution and it was considered unusable. Fact is retailers are just **** outta luck, they can't bring in money due to the powers that be that's not on Marvel. So they have no real reason to resent Marvel, DC or any others who decide to go the digital route to keep money floating through out the pandemic. It just is what it is someone's gonna be upset no matter what they do. Fact of the matter is though Disney is about their money and eventually their gonna say **** it and do whatever they feel is gonna bring money in, and when that happens DC will ride the coattails and it'll be a domino effect from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Retailers should be mad at the monopoly known as Diamond, not at a comics company for publishing comics. I’m empathetic to LCSs and what they’re going through but creators are also getting screwed over since nothing is happening.

You are sadly correct.

a monopoly would always fail.

Marvel and Dc can find a new distributor, DC said that they will have new partners and channels. Let's see if it can save comicbook stores.

Majority of sales aren't digital and people are loyal to print. it won't be a big problem for a while. the problem for comic stores is the cashflow, how to pay employees and bills all this time

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    a monopoly would always fail.

Marvel and Dc can find a new distributor, DC said that they will have new partners and channels. Let's see if it can save comicbook stores.

Majority of sales aren't digital and people are loyal to print. it won't be a big problem for a while. the problem for comic stores is the cashflow, how to pay employees and bills all this time
    They should be able to do that without halting company-wide production.