Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

catering to the shops makes sense. catering the distribution company doesn't at all

Where is Cable 2?

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    part of it is tied to empyre/x-swords events too

ugh, this was THE perfect time to push digital, but noooooooo had to bow down to diamond and bitching shops. whole industry being kept propped up by a single string lol
    That's true about the events. Many shops may still be closed and many people will understandably be hesitant to go out and about. To release big events with a chunk of readership missing is a tough gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Where is Cable 2?
    Hanging out in limbo with X-Men, X-Factor, Hellions, Wolverine, and CotA
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Seriously. Learn lessons from DC, Marvel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I can see not wanting flood the market, especially when all stores aren’t open, but this is just dumb.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/50048-marv...gh-july-8.html

The good news is that comics are coming back, the bad news is that releases will be staggered over months.
    I'm good with this.
    They're obviously giving themselves, the printers, the retailers and distributors time and opportunity to see how the US as a whole do over the next few months. Enough time to recover, rebuild and re-establish.
    They're playing it safe...and rightly so. You all are still in deep shyt with this pandemic.

You ALL just basically survived two months without any comics at all...the level of selfish whine and bitchery is astounding...considering that as we sit here typing...the. US. is. still. frakked. ALL. round. not. just. the. CB industry.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-01-2020 at 05:47 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Glad to see some dates but damn I only got one X-book coming through July 8th(X-Force).

I'm fortunate I have 6 books releasing between May 27th and July 8th.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Oh man, no X-Force until July.
    Covid-19 is lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    You ALL just basically survived two months without any comics at all...the level of selfish whine and bitchery is astounding...considering that as we sit here typing...the. US. is. still. frakked. ALL. round. not. just. the. CB industry.
    Well, it's funny how every other entertainment industry adapted pretty easily.
    Streaming for tv shows and music, movies being released for home release instead, theatres and gigs doing paid streaming. DO NOT tell us we are selfish when the publishers could have gone digital but chose not to because they are greedy.
    We are not whining, how dare you!

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    ugh, this was THE perfect time to push digital
    I'll agree with that. Their print/digital divide isn't quite the same as the comics industry but Dungeons & Dragons has been heavily pushing the online side of their play experience with freebies and tutorials and discounts these past few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

this is horrible...

SMH im losing that Xcitement i have from all these books..

might just wait til the fall to pick them up. i have bought every book released since house of x #1..

this is a huge blow.

these characters are like family..

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    They're obviously giving themselves, the printers, the retailers and distributors time and opportunity to see how the US as a whole do over the next few months. Enough time to recover, rebuild and re-establish.
    They're playing it safe...and rightly so. You all are still in deep s*** with this pandemic.
    Considering how many times different dates and plans have been announced for getting new comics out over the last two months, only to be scrapped within days or even hours, I wouldn't take the most recently announced schedule as any sort of guarantee. With many states foolishly rushing into reopening against the advice of experts, we could easily be right back in lockdown mode by the end of the month if new cases and deaths surge as predicted.

Exactatiously.
    It's a tentative roll-out...necessarily so...for now, until the pandemic situation looks more hopeful.

Fantastic Member

When does the next x-men issue come out? I wish there was at least 2 xbooks per wk.