Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I'm sorry but this is just retarded at this point.
    You gotta remember Marvel furloughed a lot of it's staff and also paused a lot books last month, it'll be awhile before things can go back to some type of normal.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    You gotta remember Marvel furloughed a lot of it's staff and also paused a lot books last month, it'll be awhile before things can go back to some type of normal.
    I understand that but this strategy is dumb half these releases don't make sense. And why such small quantities go big or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Because the staff got furloughed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I cant believe they didn't immediately renege that decision. Completely unfair to their staff (and obviously so)

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I cant believe they didn't immediately renege that decision. Completely unfair to their staff (and obviously so)
    I agree. I assumed they would turn that decision right around once Diamond made their announcement. I would think readers are hungry for content and that Marvel would recognize that.

So, removing the collections, we have...

Wednesday, May 27:
    MARAUDERS #10 (FEB200894)

Wednesday, June 10:
    DEADPOOL #5 (JAN200984)
    EXCALIBUR #10 (FEB200891)
    NEW MUTANTS #10 (FEB200892)

Wednesday, June 17:

Wednesday, June 24:

Wednesday, July 1:

Wednesday, July 8:
    X-FORCE #10 (FEB200893)

My soul hurts.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

What the heck. What am I supposed to do in June.

the three blank weeks just punched me in the teeth...the months of double-shipping spoiled us

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    the three blank weeks just punched me in the teeth...the months of double-shipping spoiled us
    We were on such a good ride. Good stories, big event for the summer, a lot of content to discuss... And then Ms.Rona ruined the party.

Because the staff got furloughed.
    but this wasn't recent?

They have at least many books already finished at this point. Something big must be happening on Marvel comics

Between now and the next Hickman X-Men issue, we have around 100 dinners.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    but this wasn't recent?

They have at least many books already finished at this point. Something big must be happening on Marvel comics
    They're spreading out what they have because half their staff are off work. Trouble is, they spread it far too thin.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Newsarama said to not expect new solicitations for a really good time. I think DC will just ship as normal

They're spreading out what they have because half their staff are off work. Trouble is, they spread it far too thin.
    They should at least have comics for 2 months if they start to work now.

it is spread too thin that might not even help comics stores that much. It i slacking x-men , avengers, FF. There is wednesday with only releasing trades.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 05-01-2020 at 02:50 PM.

"Starting July 15, Marvel will resume weekly releases for new comic titles and trade collections not previously FOC’d in the most thoughtful way we can, taking in all factors throughout the industry," the letter continues. "Marvel will release more information on these titles at a later date."

So July 15 marvel will start shipping weekly. Now I'm afraid of things going south again and taking more time to get comics.

the explanation for spacing so much the comics was:

"This balanced short-term schedule will allow everyone - industry partners, comic shops, Marvel, and our fans - to work through an incredible amount of change at every level while providing new product to purchase and giving retailers a clear plan to adjust their weekly [Final Order Cut-Off] orders."

https://www.newsarama.com/50052-insi...nd-hiatus.html

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    "Starting July 15, Marvel will resume weekly releases for new comic titles and trade collections not previously FOC’d in the most thoughtful way we can, taking in all factors throughout the industry," the letter continues. "Marvel will release more information on these titles at a later date."

So July 15 marvel will start shipping weekly. Now I'm afraid of things going south again and taking more time to get comics.

the explanation for spacing so much the comics was:

"This balanced short-term schedule will allow everyone - industry partners, comic shops, Marvel, and our fans - to work through an incredible amount of change at every level while providing new product to purchase and giving retailers a clear plan to adjust their weekly [Final Order Cut-Off] orders."

https://www.newsarama.com/50052-insi...nd-hiatus.html
    So basically this is to appease the bitching retailers yet again. Well for everyone's sake hopefully the still continuous rises in cases of covid won't cause the economy to shut back down again...... -_-....
    Last edited by Journey; 05-01-2020 at 04:13 PM.

BANNED

Somebody do a chad DC/virgin Marvel meme

Spectacular Member

part of it is tied to empyre/x-swords events too

ugh, this was THE perfect time to push digital, but noooooooo had to bow down to diamond and bitching shops. whole industry being kept propped up by a single string lol