Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    This tweet is unreadable what was it?
    He was just hyping his Newsarama article about the cuts he was about to publish, just saying something about "bad news...".

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

It's a shame, but I'm sure the sollution to save all the jobs that will or can be lost is not release any new product for months to please Diamond and some stubborn readers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The point remains a give and take has to happen. This is going to hose everyone, but the damage can be mitigated.
    You just mentioned digital, which I corrected. There were reasons that solution was not going to work which had nothing to do with a give and take.

They are going to have to do that too if the retailers and distributors don’t accept some sort of compromise. A good one was on the table, but they don’t want any more digital comics being read out of their long term fears for how it could impact the market down the road.
    I sometimes feel like comics retailers are cutting their nose off to spite the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    It's a shame, but I'm sure the sollution to save all the jobs that will or can be lost is not release any new product for months to please Diamond and some stubborn readers.
    Agreed their doing great!!! Let's put more people out of work just because no one wants to be selfless.....

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I sometimes feel like comics retailers are cutting their nose off to spite the face.
    This reminds me of Kodak inventing the digital camera in 1975, but keeping it in store for decades because they made too much money with the traditional one. Look how that turned out...

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    They are looking out for their long term viability and I understand that. So was Blockbuster which I loved going to when I was young, but they to protect their stores told Netflix to take a hike which they were offered to buy out for almost nothing and refused to adapt to changing times and circumstances.

There is an old saying about what does not adapt...

It just fucking blows that now even more people have to suffer because local comic shops are suffering. Not like this is fixing anything they'll still be closed not making money, now other people are getting screwed too sucks ass, had they just gone digital we could have avoided all this BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I feel like it would make sense for them to keep the moneymakers going thru digital release but knowing Marvel, they could very well not include them in the publishing schedule for **** knows why.
    Boom. They're gonna release their not-so-great sellers and we're going to enjoy them whether we like it or not!

They are looking out for their long term viability and I understand that. So was Blockbuster which I loved going to when I was young, but they to protect their stores told Netflix to take a hike which they were offered to buy out for almost nothing and refused to adapt to changing times and circumstances.

Survival of the fittest.

Last edited by JB; 04-03-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Can we all just agree that 2020 has been ****? World War 3, Corona, Fallen Angels, Kobe Bryant Fantastic 4/X-men!!! Now it feels like I'm never gonna get to read Empyre and all that Hulking goodness!!! God Why!?!?!?

Wolverine --> Us.
    Blob --> 2020.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Can we all just agree that 2020 has been ****? World War 3, Corona, Fallen Angels, Kobe Bryant Fantastic 4/X-men!!! Now it feels like I'm never gonna get to read Empyre and all that Hulking goodness!!! God Why!?!?!?
    Wait and see 2021 before saying that… Carpe Diem!
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Wolverine --> Us.
    Blob --> 2020.

Hahaha so true

Lol Fallen Angels.

I definitely have sympathy for the comic shops. But, like you say, they seem averse to any adaptation or change. That's part of the reason this is such a crisis. By in large, comic shops have done nothing to adapt to changes in technology and environment.

I saw a lot of people **** on ComicHub for wanting to be a "middleman" – but if Doordash, Shipt, Saucey, Postmates, InstaCart, etc etc etc etc are any indication, people are totally fine with middlemen. If comic shops had a middleman to work with, maybe people would still be able to give them money.

In large part, the comics industry is a hobby industry run by hobbyists, not by business-minded people.

I'm a K-Pop stan, so 2020 is gonna have to do a lot to beat 2019 for shittiness. It's certainly putting in the work, though.