Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    I guess nothing this week either?
    No, not this week either.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Marvel needs to put out a statement this waiting till the day of **** is pissing me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Marvel needs to put out a statement this waiting till the day of **** is pissing me off.
    There will probably be no new comics released until the initial lock-downs are over, maybe even longer. June seems a good bet for them to return, but don't count on it.

Bleeding Cool has a list of what some retailers want for things get back on track for the industry after the lock down including real delays on digital releases for new comics and longer delays on releasing trades.

Comic Book Retailers Plans to Fix the Direct Market When It Returns
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-15-2020 at 10:02 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Diamond Not to Distribute New Comics Until August at the Earliest?

Also Bleeding Cool has a list of what retailer want things get back on track for the industry after the lock down including real delays on digital releases for new comics and longer delays on releasing trades.

Comic Book Retailers Plans to Fix the Direct Market When It Returns
    So their plan to fix the direct market is to destroy digital and trade, while punishing fans who enjoy comics in digital or traid forms.... can marvel release there comics digital just to screw those stores over

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So their plan to fix the direct market is to destroy digital and trade, while punishing fans who enjoy comics in digital or traid forms.... can marvel release there comics digital just to screw those stores over
    It doesn't even screw them their fucked regardless because their not essential, their screwing themselves by playing the scared game and doing nothing. I guarantee as much as people gripe and moan about digital had that been all they were putting out those sales would have came through. I just don't get it.

Screw this. I’m out. Will be playing as X-Force characters on Fortnite and trade waiting I guess. If I’m going months without new content, might as well just make that the norm and stop checking ComiXology on Wednesdays.

Why are people acting so indignant about this as if most of the world hasn't come to a halt? Comics are no one's priority right now. Calm down.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    It doesn't even screw them their fucked regardless because their not essential, their screwing themselves by playing the scared game and doing nothing. I guarantee as much as people gripe and moan about digital had that been all they were putting out those sales would have came through. I just don't get it.
    The best take is todd McFarland, "buying comics is a weekly habit for readers and if you break that they won't come back." Bending over backwards to help LCS will destroy the industry. Marvel should have kept digital distribution running. Becaus while they might not go to the shops for those issues they would come back for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Why are people acting so indignant about this as if most of the world hasn't come to a halt? Comics are no one's priority right now. Calm down.
    Because everyting sucks and we need somting to distract us form how bad it will get.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    There will probably be no new comics released until the initial lock-downs are over, maybe even longer. June seems a good bet for them to return, but don't count on it.
    I thought the lockdown in USA will be over by May 1. Can somebody confirm?

Astonishing Member

Nothing ‘confirmed’. There’s ‘talk’ about a gradually re-opening some things, but nothing definite. There was never a blanket lockdown of the whole country, because areas aren’t hit badly at all. And many of those could re-open almost completely right now, but everyone is paranoid.

Ha. I’m calm. Just think it’s stupid to delay something which can easily be released digitally. And if I’m going to wait, I might as well wait for the full story. No emotion involved in that decision. Just facts. Once I get out of the habit of buying installments weekly/monthly, I’m probably not going back. That’s all. And I’m probably not the only one. But we’ll see I guess. Like I said, I’m not emotional about it. Perfectly calm.

Folks need to stop projecting around here. Some on here think this is noble because it helps the retailers. Others think it’s a dumb decision for the long term health of the industry. Maybe it looks good in the short term, but optics don’t mean a lot in the long term. Like I said, we’ll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    The best take is todd McFarland, "buying comics is a weekly habit for readers and if you break that they won't come back." Bending over backwards to help LCS will destroy the industry. Marvel should have kept digital distribution running. Becaus while they might not go to the shops for those issues they would come back for the next one.
    I think Todd is spot on here. Precisely my point, and exactly where I’m at right now. Probably done with weekly/monthly buying if this delay is going to take months versus weeks. No big deal. Just a personal decision. I’m a digital buyer anyway. I only buy trades and hardcovers from my LCS.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 04-15-2020 at 08:55 AM.

Then how come other forms of entertainment are thriving?
    Netflix shows are going viral because of the lockdown, animal crossing and ff7 remake downloads are hugely trending and my friend even said she downloaded the brand new trolls movie for her kids which was meant to be out at the cinema.
    New comics should be exactly the same.

That article was updated:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/new-...ooner-mid-may/

"It was hard to get comment or clarity, but after we posted it on Bleeding Cool, we learnt a different version of events from two separate and very senior comics industry sources.

Specifically that, as of tonight, unless there is a major change in the current shutdown and lockdown orders, that Diamond Comic Distributors will, somehow, be distributing the currently held new comic books to comic book stores on Sunday 17th of May, arriving in comic book stores shortly afterwards, followed by newly printed comic books. There may be some delays to certain parts of the US, it will depend on which stores can and cannot accept delivery or put it on sale, and international distribution to Europe may take a lot longer."

What we do know is that States in the US are now being looked at individually and it seems possible some may be able to start soft openings before May 1st. If Diamond does indeed try to work with each area separately, some may see books delivered. But those States that need longer will likely have to wait. So I'm not sure if Marvel will release "here and there" or just wait until everyone is open.
    Last edited by JB; 04-15-2020 at 09:57 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!