Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by x-mind View Post
    Here is a good analysis about the sales in comic industry...

https://www.comichron.com/yearlycomi...ustrywide.html

As you can see 9 out of 10 comics are being sold in their physical versions. The digital sales are not that important.
    90% of their PROFITS aren't from the print comics though. If they get 10% profit on print and 50% on digital (I don't know what the actual figures are but digital does yield more income per sale) then they only need 18% of readers to switch to digital to make the same money. Digital is more important than you think.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    90% of their PROFITS aren't from the print comics though. If they get 10% profit on print and 50% on digital (I don't know what the actual figures are but digital does yield more income per sale) then they only need 18% of readers to switch to digital to make the same money. Digital is more important than you think.
    Marvel's cut of a comic's cover price is more than 10%. The typical retailer discount is around 50%, and Diamond probably takes 10% or something, so Marvel is getting 40% of the cover price. They get that whether the retailer can sell the book or not. 50% of digital is probably a safe number but I would like to find out a better estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Don't wanna hear it!

https://www.newsarama.com/49708-marv...hing-line.html

Expected it to be bigger honestly

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Well, I dont see how this can get worse ?

Extraordinary Member

They must be optimistic which hopefully means they have a reason to. I can only guess that they still need enough stuff on the shelves for people to want to go to the shops and enough for the shops to make it through this; there must be expectations of low sales and combined with returnability (is Marvel offering that or just deep discounts) they can't be paying for and publishing work they are just losing money on so maybe a concentrated market will see sales move to these remaining books.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Well, I dont see how this can get worse ?
    It's pretty obvious how it can get worse. They can always suspend another third.

I feel like it would make sense for them to keep the moneymakers going thru digital release but knowing Marvel, they could very well not include them in the publishing schedule for **** knows why.

It's pretty obvious how it can get worse. They can always suspend another third.
    They are going to have to do that too if the retailers and distributors don’t accept some sort of compromise. A good one was on the table, but they don’t want any more digital comics being read out of their long term fears for how it could impact the market down the road.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-03-2020 at 01:37 PM.

This tweet is unreadable what was it?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    They are going to have to do that too if the retailers and distributors don’t accept some sort of compromise. A good one was on the table, but they don’t want any more digital comics being read out of their long term fears for how it could impact the market down the road.
    While digital was part of the reason retailers were not on board, it had much bigger problems than that, and those retailers mentioned their issues.

This all seems so unnecessary their making this so much more complicated then it needs to be......

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    While digital was part of the reason retailers were not on board, it had much bigger problems than that, and those retailers mentioned their issues.
    The point remains a give and take has to happen. This is going to hose everyone, but the damage can be mitigated.