Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

daaaamn. interesting. not sure if that's the best solution economically speaking but it'll be nice to get our hands on so much all at once

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    daaaamn. interesting. not sure if that's the best solution economically speaking but it'll be nice to get our hands on so much all at once
    Imagine getting months of issues all at once and navigating the spoiler threads, all at once.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Imagine getting months of issues all at once and navigating the spoiler threads, all at once.

All hell would break loose!! Imagine the drama!

I'm bored and deprived enough to crave some of that chaos <3

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    All hell would break loose!! Imagine the drama!
    Glorious chaos

Yeah me too! I'm ready to type and type and type in spoilers threads.

It kinda baffles me how they're not going full digital for the time being.

Interesting reading about how digital might possibly be delayed. Or at least is being talked about that being a thing. As a reader who has gone fully digital on new issues of the last four years, five if you don't count Bendis' UXM, the delay won't entice me to start collecting physical copies again. I don't have the space for it quite honestly, and for many reasons I am mostly homebound now so getting to a CBS is inconvenient. But that's just me, that certainly won't apply to everyone. For just me I'll be fine waiting for digital, though what would make the wait more palatable would be if they were to take the price of the digital down a little.

I still buy physical books (but limit myself to just a few a month). I would consider going digital if they would release them. If they decide eventually not to release digital on same day I will probably never go digital. I don't have patience (it is why I never trade waited) however like many here I am running out of room for physical copies.

Fantastic Member

I think maybe they should go ahead and release the comics in trade form both physically and digitally for now. Have the LCS do the call ahead curbside thing and go from there. With companies using Zoom and Skype and other platforms work can still continue for writers, artist, colorist and editors. Printers as well. Dont know why people try to make things so hard and Diamond needs to be burned downin favor other options as far distribution

Fantastic Member

The LCS needs to evolve or die imo and its not up to the comic companies or us the fans and consumers to save them. I think the best LCS would have not only comics and new release books, signings, and even old school book club type gatherings and all that in addition to weekly forums or podcast via Youtube, Twitch, Twitter and others. They should be real deal gaming centers like the old style arcades used to be as well as places with classes on drawing writing etc. Have film rooms for throwback movies and new releases. They need to make it a place to go as a destination. Hell maybe even do tattoos and piercing as well as haircuts and styling and clothing. A whole counter culture and hub.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Glorious chaos
    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah me too! I'm ready to type and type and type in spoilers threads.

It kinda baffles me how they're not going full digital for the time being.
    I'm so ready for all of it! My favorite Wednesdays are when there are 4-5 books released and I can't decide which to read first and which thread to dive into first.

I'm gonna cry.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Wait... am I to understand that they are going to flood the stores with all the held books roughly at the same time? They aren't going to create a controlled release schedule?

I don't think your average person, especially with layoffs, cutbacks, etc. is going to be able to afford *buying* all those books at once which means the stores have to decide what to keep on the shelves, continue to store, all while waiting for Point of Sale cash to reimburse them for the large amount of stock they have ordered at once.

And if there are habit buyers that decide not to renew their habits (as some have already stated), then there is even less of a customer base.

Unless I'm missing something, it would make more sense for them to keep the same release schedule but just with new dates based upon when things open up again. I mean, this is Project Management 101 stuff.

Mighty Member

when the comic do come back.in the middle of may,how do you think to do all at once or spreading it out in days

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    when the comic do come back.in the middle of may,how do you think to do all at once or spreading it out in days
    Is this a rap? It reads like a rap.

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Of course they will space the releases, tha tis why we they probably won't solicit anything this month

Seems like diamond has the first week of releases already on print, retailers are saying tha tmaybe they can started delivering on the second half of May.

it is crazy that they won't even release the low selling books on digital