Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

It just seems really dumb in hindsight to stop all the manufacturing of comics just because of Corona. This **** could go on for weeks, months, god only knows Digital is the best bet it's really the only smart option.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'd be fine switching over to digital completely for monthly issues, though I would ultimately want a physical trade collection eventually. Those are always more permanent in my collection anyway, the floppies are an annoying habit I have because I don't like waiting too long to see how a story is going.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    It just seems really dumb in hindsight to stop all the manufacturing of comics just because of Corona. This **** could go on for weeks, months, god only knows Digital is the best bet it's really the only smart option.
    I'm not exactly sure what company Marvel uses for printing comics. Many years ago when I got my subscriptions mailed, it seems to me they had an Illinois postmark. But you have to wonder if the printer is located in a state where they were deemed a non-essential business.

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    Marvel seems to indicate that there will be a change in sales plans. And there's no preview of next week's new books.
    No previews doesn't mean anything, since digital first books don't get previews and Previews World is part of Diamond. We've actually had books suddenly appear with an announcement on the same day they're released!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what company Marvel uses for printing comics. Many years ago when I got my subscriptions mailed, it seems to me they had an Illinois postmark. But you have to wonder if the printer is located in a state where they were deemed a non-essential business.
    It started with Diamond saying they wouldn't receive anymore shipments from the publishers, therefore no one to distribute to shops. But now with many counties ordering non-essential businesses to stay closed, many comic shops can't receive them anyway.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It started with Diamond saying they wouldn't receive anymore shipments from the publishers, therefore no one to distribute to shops. But now with many counties ordering non-essential businesses to stay closed, many comic shops can't receive them anyway.
    True. My LCS was told they could not even do curbside pickup. So they let those of us with a pull list via FB video to come get our comics before 10 pm Tuesday. After that they had to close.

the good thing is its giving my bank account a break i spend about $40-50 on 10-12 issues on dawn of x books on midtown comics site.

thats been happening since November

but the bad thing is i wont b reading if they appear on digital and not print..

i'll wait on it.

Digital needs to be cheaper or then on actual prices have a DMR free option or even a PDF file to download.

DC is trying new distributions deals for the corona lockdown. marvel needs to manifest what they will do soon

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Digital needs to be cheaper or then on actual prices have a DMR free option or even a PDF file to download.

DC is trying new distributions deals for the corona lockdown. marvel needs to manifest what they will do soon
    Yeah I saw the DC article. I’m curious on how they decide to handle this.

Interesting, thanks for the info.

I'm curious also to see how they work this out. I know when I mentioned the publishers maybe going to digital they were not happy to hear that at the LCS I go to. There should be a way to work out a compromise. I did give my LCS my pull list for April 1st when I gave them the one from this past Wednesday. But I don't know if Diamond was still taking orders. I don't think Diamond is set up to mail to individual subscribers...just shipments to the stores. They would not have my address anyway.

I'm trying to cut back on how much I spend, so I will not spend extra money for the digital service. I will continue to buy physical copies when they become available again. I like to read comics at night and I find books to be easier on my eyes.

More info...

https://bleedingcool.com/2020/03/30/...s-crisis-plan/

Marvel Comics has a plan. A larger-scale plan at that. But right now it looks as if Marvel will be publishing digitally as usual, like DC Comics, with both giving veiled promises and suggestions of something else.
    Link for keeping up with comic book coronavirus related coverage: https://bleedingcool.com/tag/coronavirus-comics/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by captchuck View Post
    I'm trying to cut back on how much I spend, so I will not spend extra money for the digital service. I will continue to buy physical copies when they become available again. I like to read comics at night and I find books to be easier on my eyes.
    Totally off topic but Dr Fate is probably my favourite DC character . (Also Phantom Stranger )