Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Announcing this **** the day before too are they just trying to piss people off?

Astonishing Member

Considering that most comic stores by me are closed it makes sense. Marvel wants to help brick and mortar stores, however I'd love for marvel to take this opportunity to look at shonen jump and beginning copying their distribution modle

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The situation will be worse in May.
    Yes, I don't see it getting better in May.
    This situation may go in for june and even July.

print and digital aren't the same public, they could release on digital on same date

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

print and digital aren't the same public, they could release on digital on same date
    They’re too scared of retailers if they release digitally only.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Considering that most comic stores by me are closed it makes sense. Marvel wants to help brick and mortar stores, however I'd love for marvel to take this opportunity to look at shonen jump and beginning copying their distribution modle
    I think its less wanting to help brick and mortar stores and more wanting to appease Diamond...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

DC said that, got a tone of **** from comic store owners, and backed down. Marvel waited saw how it would play out and acted accordingly. Unless DC goes digital marvel won't

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    I think its less wanting to help brick and mortar stores and more wanting to appease Diamond...
    LCS owners have been the most vocal in the recent weeks. Got mad at Ryan Higgins for his reverse digital code idea, declared war on DC for continuing to publish digitally.

Sp the plan is too wait for who knows how long lose whatever type of hype they have and then what release all these comics weekly? Why when you can just do digital with all the potential bored people chilling at home with nothing to do making purchases.

Considering that virus situation it is a logical and right decision.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't buy digital but this is still worrisome. I hope this doesn't kill X-factor before it even started but it probably will.

DC said that, got a tone of **** from comic store owners, and backed down. Marvel waited saw how it would play out and acted accordingly. Unless DC goes digital marvel won't
    DC still will release on April 29th on digital, one day before the lockdown ends. Of course lockdown can go on for months,.

Marvel really waited DC to get hit for the digital strategy to make their decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Considering that virus situation it is a logical and right decision.
    Seems like exactly the opposite. HAve all your readers home and not going anywhere, wanting new comics to the point where they might be willing to buy more than their usual...and cut them off entirely.

I cannot imagine that Marvel is going to go weeks and weeks without any new content coming out just to appease Diamond. That’s how you lose your already declining readership.

But, again, maybe they don’t care? As I said, publishing is such a small revenue stream for Disney. Perhaps they feel like they’ve got plenty of content to work with for future films and shows, and thus aren’t in a hurry to put more out right now and potentially disrupt the legacy model for physical distribution (via Diamond to brick and mortar retail stores)? I typically check in on Wednesdays on ComiXology to see what’s out and buy what I want (mostly X-books). If this practice goes away for awhile, I’ll probably just trade wait most stuff and stopping buy single issues on Wednesdays.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Seems like exactly the opposite. HAve all your readers home and not going anywhere, wanting new comics to the point where they might be willing to buy more than their usual...and cut them off entirely.
    Nailed it. Seems short sighted. Perhaps well meaning, to try and help out the retailers and Diamond, but still missing the boat in terms of who the customer is. If Marvel thinks Diamond is their ultimate customer, I guess it makes sense. But if they their ultimate customers are the readers, this is dumb.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 03-31-2020 at 07:40 AM.

LCS owners have been the most vocal in the recent weeks. Got mad at Ryan Higgins for his reverse digital code idea, declared war on DC for continuing to publish digitally.
    Higgins idea was pretty good.

Extraordinary Member

That works because of Shonen Jump (and manga in general) is a format that fits that distribution model (and they have not gotten rid of physical). Titles have to fight and earn being published, Marvel would have to cancel 75% of their titles or something.