Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Most of the people on this board are dirty pirates or just read the recaps so this outrage isn't shocking.
    That’s a bold statement. I have always wondered why people who make this divide themself post in this forum. Apparently people here aren’t a representative of the readers. Except for a small number of users who know what the “average” reader thinks. Who has the moral high ground.

I personally don’t like to make statements about other people think but It would surprise me if most CBR users would wish ill on the future of comic publishing. Be it digital or physical. Whatever we think about the product or the delivery system we still like at least what a comic is. It still works enough that we read it.

Pirates or recappers still care enough to want the market to survive. Without it there would be no more product to enjoy. Then we would only discussing old issues.

Eep, I don't envy making a decision either way. Comic book shops, many of whom barely survive as it is, generate the majority of the revenue but also...I hate that the creators are likely out of work for the duration of this pandemic as well. Just sucks all around and I worry about this industry once the dust settles.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    We don't know exact numbers, but we also do not know the full extant of physical distribution. What we do know (by several sources) is that digital is about 10% of what Diamond sells for physical. I showed some math in another thread (for the life of me I don't know why someone would ask something so broad in the X-Men forum) that based on the average page rate, a Marvel book would have to sell around 6,000 units at a minimum just to pay the creators, never mind cover all the other costs and then leave money for Marvel to make. You can count on one hand how many titles are probably selling 6,000 units in digital. Way too many books are selling below 3,000 units. You would be looking at convincing around 30-40% of the direct market to spend as much as they are in physical on digital. (edit: that estimate is based on probably axing a bunch of books, lowering page rates, and really just to not be going bankrupt within a month of going all digital. )
    Digital barely covers the cost. I think digital would be a bandaid for the diamond stopping the distribution for a while.

This may be a harder time for direct market after the 90s crisis

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    I could be wrong but the only movies released digitally were movies that were already in theaters. There haven't been any movies that were set to be released that are suddenly available digitally. Those have just been pushed back.
    There is one. Trolls World Tour. In the US, it's in cinemas and digital simultaneously, and in the UK just digital as all our cinemas are closed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The current base of comic buyers if there is no comics out until the various quarantines are up (many lasting to mid June or later and those might be extended) isn't going to come rushing back in the Summer. A segment will come back (many with less spending money) and a segment will decide video games or something else more deserves their time and there will be little or nothing to do about it.

Its going to hurt the whole industry the only question is how much. My suspicion is that you are right the longer people go without any comics period the harder it will be to rope readers back. Its not 1990 where the options were so much more limited for consumers.
    Personally, as a reader/collector of single issues for over 40 years (and who has no intention of going digital) I have the patience to wait this situation out and look forward to start buying and collecting again when Marvel and other publishers deem it feasible to start publishing. Whenever that might be. This is not a fly-by-night hobby/past time for me, as it may be for newer, younger readers.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore Frost View Post
    Tbh I think its a matter of time until only trades, special reprints, omnibus and graphic novels have physical versions. The single issues will be digital only.
    Agreed. This is Blockbuster video all over again. Except this crisis is going to accelerate the shift. Diamond can’t pay their bills now.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Awwww!!! Damn It!!

I was looking forward to Marauders Issue #10
    Yeah but did you see the cliff-hanger on New Mutants?
    "Cable was right!"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

...and on Hellions 01.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Fantastic Member

Digital is just fine. So books should go on being released as usual. Cant have people shelter in place with nothing to do and nothing going on

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It better not be some April Fool's ****! Ahh!
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Incredible Member

Clearly referring to Hickman being booted off the X-Books and his position being given to Rob Liefeld, Todd MacFarlane and that other guy to oversee the next five years of X-Men.

They’re going to reveal who is really under the cerebro helmet.

No wait, announcing a novelisation of the Snyder Cut.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Personally, as a reader/collector of single issues for over 40 years (and who has no intention of going digital) I have the patience to wait this situation out and look forward to start buying and collecting again when Marvel and other publishers deem it feasible to start publishing. Whenever that might be. This is not a fly-by-night hobby/past time for me, as it may be for newer, younger readers.
    I am like this guy. I have been collecting single issues of all X-Men titles and most satellite titles since 1984 and though I would prefer to have them weekly at my comic-book store, I will not change to digital as well, or as some say, totally quit X-books.
    These times are hard times for so many companies and I do not mind being patient to get the hard copy books. I consider myself as a loyal reader and I will stay loyal to Marvel and to those other companies who have giving me joy in life and not dropping them when they have a big set back.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Nick Spencer is gonna drop the vaccine. I knew it. This is why I will always believe in him. We stan.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate