Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Is Death Metal a reboot or not?

I don't know what's happening after Death Metal? Is it a reboot or not? Are going to get titles cancelled or will the old titles hsyy carry on with the new timeline

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

No one knows and anyone who says they do is full of it.

All we know is the fairly credible rumors from Rich Johnson's Bleeding Cool that whatever plan Dan Didio had for Death Metal and 5G are changing and the future direction of the DCU is currently in flux, even moreso now that the Covid19 infections have shut down DC's printing company and their Free Comic Book Day sampler has been pushed back to May.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post
    I don't know what's happening after Death Metal? Is it a reboot or not? Are going to get titles cancelled or will the old titles hsyy carry on with the new timeline
    DC hasn't sayd many things.
    But originallly when Scott Snyder started "Dark Knights: Metal", It was ment to ba a side story from the main timeline. Thus couldn't cause a reboot.
    But as you can see, this project has had more implication than initially announced, so we don't know what might happen.
    If it's a reboot, I would be very disapointed. I've been hatting Scott Snyder's work since the begining. I don't know why he gets so much love.

BANNED

I quited reading Scott Snyder with the end game of new 52. It was terrible... But i still get trades even if i don't read 'cause i'm completest so i will get death metal but won't read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I quited reading Scott Snyder with the end game of new 52. It was terrible... But i still get trades even if i don't read 'cause i'm completest so i will get death metal but won't read it.
    That's plain stupid. Getting something but not reading it is stupid. There are so many other things you could get insteat, why waste money on something you don't read ?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I have a feeling some kind of reboot is on the horizon just to undo the things that Didio did. The fact that artists are being told to stop working on projects is proof that at least some of his mandates have been discarded. Now, how extensive that reboot will be is anyone's guess. But I imagine someone like Bendis, for instance, will probably lose a lot of their influence over things like the Legion. Bendis was a Didio hire and people who loved the kid version of Jon are not digging the teen version. They want the Super-sons back. My guess is things like Bendis Legion won't be around much longer. Even the latest issue kind of hints that their timeline is less than permanent.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    That's plain stupid. Getting something but not reading it is stupid. There are so many other things you could get insteat, why waste money on something you don't read ?
    Because i'm a Batman fan and it's not logical to be one. xD don't judge me, love me my rat friend

Because i'm a Batman fan and it's not logical to be one. xD don't judge me, love me my rat friend
    No, you're a fake fan. You buy without reading. How is that being a fan ??

I'm sorry but what's the point in that? You're supporting something you don't even like or want, wouldn't your money be better spent elsewhere?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

I appereciate your consern guys but i already got metal when i decided to quit snyder so why not complete all snyder, even if i have had enough of snyder... I want a complete run so i will get death metal.

But his run was just starting when Metal happened! It goes Metal > No Justice > Justice League > Death Metal
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    But his run was just starting when Metal happened! It goes Metal > No Justice > Justice League > Death Metal
    There was his entire Batman run (minus Black Mirror) before that. Metal was just part of a long-form story Snyder's doing with Batman. It just got bigger when he started Justice League.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

BANNED

I have Black Mirror, all the new 52 run, snyder all star and metal. I think i need to get last knight on earth then death metal.

I don't want justice league, i just want Batman.

I have Black Mirror, all the new 52 run, snyder all star and metal. I think i need to get last knight on earth then death metal.

I don't want justice league, i just want Batman.
    Then you are missing "Gates of Gotham" and "The Batman Who Laughs".

You claim to be a completionnist, but don't want the related Justice League stories !?
    You also claim to want all of Batman, but do you know he's also in the Justice League.

Do you also no that Black Mirror, Gates of Gotham, Batman New52, All-Star Batman and Metal are all complete storylines and are not part of one big run but of separate runs that happen to be by the same writter.

You really are an odd person.

Why didn't they just use the end of Doomsday Clock as the source for a reboot and the start of a new continuity? Why do we need additional (and seemingly endless) stories "explaining" how the multiple timelines are all messed up, culminating in a story that fixes them? It seems like they're more interested in writing stories that take place in the confusing mess than they are with fixing it and moving on. And so we get a series of stories in which history is rebuilt, over and over again - as if Crisis on Infinite Earths were happening once a year. Or continuously.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/