Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Default Dr. Cyber: Wonder woman’s most under utilized rogue?

To me she is tied with Dr. poison as Diana’s best non magic based rogues. But I feel unlike Poison she has more main villain potential.
    Last edited by mathew101281; 03-27-2020 at 10:01 AM.

I often thought the two would be a great duo together has tech and poison often work together in wars

DR. CYBER Adrianna_Anderson_(Prime_Earth)_001.jpg

DR. CYBER Adrianna_Anderson_Cheetah_0001.jpg

DR. CYBER BACKLESS.jpg

The fact Dr. Cyber hasn't been used since Rebirth is a travesty. As an artificial intelligence with an amusing personality, tragic backstory and complete mastery over technology, who can be anywhere at anytime and look any way she's potentially as big a threat as anyone on Wonder Woman's enemies list. She can attack indirectly and go unseen for arcs. Imagine if she took control over the invisible jet and crashed it into the White House, how would Wonder Woman explain that? She could easily start a world war by overriding nuclear acess codes or devestate the world's economy. There's no limit to what she could do and how would you defeat or contain such a ubiquitious foe? Her history with Veronica Cale is a goldmine for storylines and as her ally or aversary she's unique and interesting.

I see her as Diana's own personal sympathetic Ultron with a sense of humor, someone needs to get cracking telling her story.

I like Doctor Cyber a lot - the tech and Bondian versions. I think there’s a way to combine the two and I wish she’d get used more.

I also think Queen Clea, Eviless, and Giganta could all be greater than they are if anyone cared to work with them and given them deeper characterization.

This is why I love Evil Inc. All or most of Diana’s female enemies get together. This is because they are mirroring Amazons. That maybe they should actually care for each other. They took sisterhood on a dangerous scale

I think most WW villains outside of Cheetah, Circe, Ares, and maybe Dr. Psycho are underused and even then those first three don't get nearly the respect they deserve in the larger DC universe.

But yeah, I think Dr. Cyber (particularly the Rebirth one) has great untapped potential. I enjoyed her usage in the Wonder Woman: Bloodlines film. Even the Pre-Crisis era version of the character as a crime boss in an Iron Man suit could work
    Last edited by Gaius; 03-27-2020 at 07:33 PM.